“Old school charm and great food”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Jennings Cafe

Jennings Cafe
Ranked #10 of 105 Restaurants in Catonsville
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
CHARLOTTE
“Old school charm and great food”
Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

This place was recommended to us by a friend. We went for lunch. I was a little worried ...nobody was there. By the time we ordered though, the place was packed. Our waitress was well into her twilight years but she just had a twinkle in her eye when she talked with us and helped with suggestions. She was just the sweetest "grandma" type person.
The menu is loaded with something for
everyone. Service I gave a 4 and hated to do it only because we had to wait quite awhile for our bill. Food was great!!! There was a lot of it too!
This is a real gem of a place...makes me wish I lived nearby because it had a great neighborhood appeal and very friendly...like the Cheers of the cafe world. I highly recommend this place

• Visited June 2013

Ellicott City, Maryland
“Ask for Sherrie and Effervescent Efficient Server Machine”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

This was our second visit to this mainstay of restaurants on Frederick road in the heart of Catonsville. Opening in 1958, the Jennings Family has multiple generations vested in the
restaurant which serves an extensive array of traditional American cuisine, Italian dishes, sandwiches and wraps. I had the much maligned liver and onions smothered in gravy with mashed potatoes and green beans and it was just as I remembered it from Mom's kitchen of my youth-wow it was good. Others in our party had the veal cutlet and found it satisfying. The French onion soup was particularly noteworthy with long strings of tasty cheese. A friendly place, where I bet, they know your name in short order. Our waitress Sherrie was an effervescent efficient machine working the entire side of the restaurant like the pro she is but should write down the customer's orders to avoid having to ask to repeat or miss an item. Don't forget the desserts especially the strawberry cream pie and New York cheese cake.
With reasonable prices, you can go to a diner or you can go to Jennings where you will not be disappointed..

• Visited May 2013
Newark
“Great Local Place!”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

I grew up in Catonsville and last night was the first time I have been to Jennings and it was great. Their french onion soup, shrimp salad sandwich and BLT were great and they have fat tire on tap. We were seated right away on a Saturday night. I would say skip Catonsville Gor or Chef Pao one night and give them a try. O yea the staff were on there game too. One of the waitresses has been their over 20 years.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Graceandpride
Baltimore, Maryland
“Friendly staff and great desserts”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Our waitresses have always been very nice, and the home made desserts are always great, too. Try the coconut cake!

Visited April 2012
1 Thank Miranda P
Sykesville, Maryland
“Great Food and the Nicest waitstaff”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Never had anything but great food in this place. It may not look like much form the street but inside is a homey atmosphere and very friendly waitresses who take care of their clients. I would recommend it heartily.

Visited January 2013