“Small Place...Big on taste and flavor!”

Umami Global Bistro
Ranked #7 of 105 Restaurants in Catonsville
Cuisines: American, Mediterranean
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Baltimore, Maryland
“Small Place...Big on taste and flavor!”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

My fiance and I have been repeat customers ever since we first went there just a few months ago. He fell in love with the falafel and I cannot blame him. It is the best I have ever had. They are light and airy inside and crispy on the outside. Yesterday we stopped in as we were looking for a light and tasty meal and we were pleased to see that they now provide a sampler platter. It contains the famous falafel, hummus, baba ganoush, your choice of meat or veggie kabob and fresh warm naan. It can be a meal in itself. The prices are reasonable for what you receive and all the dishes I have tried were flavorful and made with care. Yes, it might take a little more time than going to McDonalds, but it is worth it. Besides, you CAN call ahead and place your order if you are short on time. We also have a great time talking food with the restaurant owner/head chef Rehan. Yesterday during our conversation it came out we both enjoy a middle eastern type of rice pudding. He decided then and there to make some and serve it as a special for today. Needless to say we had to stop in and try it. It was just like I remembered when I lived in the Middle East. Live a little and stop by Umami's, you will not be disappointed.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank PSkryjaWest

Baltimore, Maryland
“Great Food.... Bad Name”
Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

The food here is amazing. Clean and not over spiced. The menu is a little confused but everything is executed very well. I do have two complaints however, the name doesn't represent the type of food served. Umami is typically used in reference to asain cuisine so all of this time I had no idea this was Mediterranean food. Also they used black pearl olives in the greek salad and not kalamata olives. Kind of a let down.

Baltimore, Maryland
“Best Falafel Sandwich EVER!”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Best Falafel's in town!! The chef/owner is totally friendly and you can tell that this man LOVES making good, healthy food for his customers. Give it a try, if you like Mediterranean food you will not be sorry (even if you don't, you may change your mind after stopping at Umami).

“Treasure”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

I've sampled a good portion of this Mediterranean/American menu and everything has been wonderful. I especially liked the falafel sandwich on naan and the different kabob platters served with arabic rice. The house salad dressing is also delicious. Delivery available. Few options are available in the area for this type of food and this spot is a great find. I will definitely return.