“Happy visitor”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Catonsville
Sussex, New Jersey
“Happy visitor”
Reviewed December 5, 2013

We originally were staying one night with my son staying two. We decided to stay more nights and was happy we did! I found the place very clean, up to date, comfortable, and the people extremely helpful and friendly. They even made me fresh coffee at 2 a.m.! I needed ground floor and was accommodated without any problems.
Breakfast had hot and cold offerings.
We have been staying at Comfort Inns since 1999 and this was one of the nicest ones. We will be back!

Room Tip: I don't like to s tay near an exit or entrance and feel safer away from one. I also don't l...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank jayne M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Korean first
Sterling Heights, MI
Reviewed November 23, 2013

My company usually puts me at the Radisson Cross Keys when we teach classes for Social Security. I was arriving after midnight and wanted to get as much sleep as possible, so I asked our travel agent to book me at the Comfort Inn Catonsville. While the other reviewers are telling the truth about the bullet-proof glass, I've seen that lots of places in the Baltimore area. I called in the morning to say I wouldn't arrive until 1AM and the young man who took my call said, "King room, smoking, right?" I told him I wanted a non-smoking room and I didn't care what type of bed it had. He cheerfully said, "Good, thanks for telling me. We will change that now and your room will be ready no matter how late you arrive." He wished me a safe trip.

I arrived a little after 1 and was welcomed warmly. It was a short flight of stairs and down a short hallway to my room, which was quite nice. The bed was very comfortable and the room was clean. The heat worked well. The next morning, I noticed the bathroom was a little cold, but it had a radiant heat lamp and it worked like a charm.

The breakfast area was clean. The coffee was good. There was plenty of fresh fruit. When I checked out, I was thanked for staying there and handed a package of mints with a note asking me to rate it on TripAdvisor. I would have done that anyway, but it was a nice way to part.

It was a two mile drive to get over to the SSA headquarters and I'm glad I chose this hotel. I'll use it again.

Room Tip: This is set back far enough from the road that it's not noisy.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank professordoctormom
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed November 23, 2013

I needed a one night stay which was clean, quiet and affordable. This hotel fit the bill. My late night check in was quick and pleasant. The room was on the third floor and very quiet. No issues with the room at all. They even had regular and decaf tea bags! I did not have time to check out the fitness room but maybe next time. Free breakfast and there were numerous choices, hot and cold, on hand. I would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Naruto494
Madison, WI
Reviewed October 26, 2013

The room was nice and tidy. The Wi-Fi worked fine. Mattress and bed were well above average. Room was clean and quiet. Everything was up to standard, although not outstanding. Breakfast was pretty much the usual thing although the coffee was probably a bit better than usual.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Madrally
Clifton Park, New York
Reviewed October 24, 2013

OK, the neighborhood is not great, the hotel is a tad run down...but my experience there was good! I found all three staff members that I dealt with were extremely pleasant and helpful. Everything was clean and it was quiet. AND it was $66 a night. I had a microwave, coffeemaker and a refrigerator which was extremely helpful. There's breakfast included. You cannot beat that value. There are lots of things - restaurants, grocery store, Wal*Mart, mall, etc. around the hotel and it was less than 3 miles from where I worked for the week. I had my reservations when I drove up and I was a little leery that first day. But I am working down there in January and I will say there again.

Room Tip: I like my room to be above ground level. If you do, too, be aware there's no elevator
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
New York, New York
Reviewed October 15, 2013

I'm not usually a fan of budget hotels, but sometimes location and availability suggest giving them a try. There isn't much accommodation in the immediate Catonsville vicinity, so I've used the Comfort Inn now twice. Both times it has been a pleasant experience.
The rooms are adequate size and clean. The staff is efficient and accommodating. The wireless worked very well. The breakfast was perfectly adequate.
All in all, a great value.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Tallahassee
Reviewed September 30, 2013

We traveled to Maryland with my church. We took a few of the intruments that we had, including amps. We arrive at the hotel and check-in. The staff was nice but the language barrier was hard. She had a hard time understanding what we asked for. That's was rough but not too bad. It happens. It's America. BUT...she informed us that there was NO ELEVATOR!! I wish someone would have told me earlier because I would have chosen a hotel with an elevator. We needed to know that. The stairwell was HOT AS HADES! Carrying all of the equipment and luggage up to our rooms( I dare you to leave anything expensive in the car. It's some funny characters walking around in the middle of the night) was exhausting.

The carpet is absolutely horrible. Very old. Dirty tubs,

The beds...SO COMFORTABLE. It looked a little dirty on the sides but the pillows, sheets and comforter was nice. The breakfast....pretty good!

My main issue was the

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Catonsville
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Baltimore West - Catonsville
Quality Inn Windsor Mill / Baltimore West
Extended Stay America - Columbia - Columbia Parkway
Hampton Inn & Suites Baltimore / Woodlawn
DoubleTree by Hilton Baltimore North - Pikesville
Comfort Inn & Suites BWI Airport

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!