“Great Happy Hour” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Dimitri's International Grille

Dimitri's International Grille
Ranked #16 of 104 Restaurants in Catonsville
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Gluten Free, Vegetarian Menus, Large well lit parking lots, Handicap accessible
“Great Happy Hour”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

My husband and I went for a very late lunch/early dinner and realized it was happy hour (3:30 - 6:30). What a bargain! They have an appetizer menu where everything is half price, plus they have drafts for as little as $2 and a FULL glass of house wine for $3.50. We had a couple of appetizers and I had a Greek salad, which was very fresh and delicious. We would definitely go back. We sat out on the back deck which was lovely.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars

Catonsville, Maryland
“Nice Surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

I had never been to Dimitri's despite living in the area my entire life- my husband took me on a Tuesday evening- it was wonderful- what a nice surprise - I loved the decor and our waitress could not have been nicer. Food was a nice surprise as well. We will definitely be returning.

Visited December 2011
MD
“Best Mussels in Town”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

We often stop in at Happy Hour to have domestic beer for $2.50 and a generous plate of mussels. Ask for some bread because the broth is so good ya gotta mop it up. It's cozy and friendly in the bar. We don't eat in the dining room so can't comment on the dinners. It's our place for beer and mussels after we go on a 3 mile walk along the river.

• Visited February 2012
“Could have been better”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

We used to go to Dimitri's every Friday night for Greek Salad and Beef-Ke-Bob with a couple of friends...There have been many changes to the exterior over the years and after 30 without stopping in, we came back on Saturday night. After about a 5 minute wait, we were escorted into the main dining room, a big open room with high ceilings. It was decorated with typical column architecture and paintings, AND sitting by itself on a high shelf was a model of a Jetliner, like the ones that they sell at some airport gift shops..I'm not sure how that fits into the decor but... They have solid wood tables in the center of the room, surrounded by booths, some of which contained round tables surrounded by nicely padded curved seats. We had a table, just the two of us. We weren't in a "drinking mood" tonight, so we ordered our meals with water. Good water....It was served with a basket of warm bread and butter. I ordered the Greek style meatball entree, which came with a small Greek Salad. My partner had the Spanakopita appetizer and a plate of Chef's seasonal vegetables. I enjoyed the salad, although I've never seen finely shredded feta cheese before (it was probably some other cheese), but I wasn't in a mood to complain..The salad was made with romaine lettuce, tomatoes, onion, an olive and a large peperoncini. Not bad. The meatballs, around 7 nice sized were served in a large soup bowl dancing in a tomato-based sauce. They were very tender and tasty, especially with the nice mint flavor. The sauce was very good too. They were served with a plate of greasy french fries and Chef's seasonal vegetables, primarily yellow and green squash. I found the squash bland although my partner enjoyed them along with the Spanakopita. Our waitress was very pleasant but service was mediocre, especially when we ran out of water and it seems like 10 minutes had passed before our glasses were refilled. After we finished and declined dessert, we waited another 15 minutes (felt like more) before we were given our bill. Overall I felt that the prices for the entrees were about 20% too high. My meatball entree at $15.99 really looked like a $11.99 dish. The small Greek Salad that came with it is $4.99 separately, which would have been ok if it was 50% larger. It was ok. I would come back to try a beef-ke-bob, but I don't think I would go back for a full dinner of one of the entrees..

• Visited February 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank RadnyD
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best greek food in town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2011

this place is a homey litte restraunt directly next to/overlooking Patapsco horse farm and Patapsco state park's woods. It has a deck outside for the warmer days, a seperate bar/grill area for more casual evenings, and a family friendly restraunt side perfect for dates and business lunches. Their Saganaki (flaming goat cheese) is my personal favorite, served with bread, and the maryland crab soup is out of this world! If you catch it at the right time of year, their seasonal martinis include my absolute favorite: Pumkin Pie Martini. I have been told their gyros are excellent as well. They have a broad menu, and cater for small events. The service is outstanding! The owner is a very nice gentleman and the waiters/bartenders are personable and always on point. I go there every Thursday with my mother, and sometimes on sundays for game time for their endless brunch. Any chance I get I reccomend them, and on the Thursdays I cannot go, nothing seems as good :) I could go on about this place for days!

• Visited November 2011