“Stay Here Only If You Don't Have Anywhere Else to Go!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Quinta Inn & Suites DC Metro Capitol Beltway

La Quinta Inn & Suites DC Metro Capitol Beltway
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Capitol Heights
California
“Stay Here Only If You Don't Have Anywhere Else to Go!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013

I had to stay here after learning my accomodations weren't available so this place was a last minute deal.

There were shady characters lurking around the building, truckers and prostitutes taking Instagram shots and moldy smells.

The bed covers had burn holes in them and I'm not talking from cigarrettes. The heat stopped working and you needed super human strength in order to turn on the faucet. After changing rooms, the microwave made a loud ticking sound so it was unplugged.

Called the front desk to ask if they could call for a taxi to take us to the Metro station. They called and the taxi driver charged us $5 a piece to take us less than a mile to the Metro station. The next day we found out that this Comfort Inn had a courtesy shuttle that would have taken us there for free but of course, no one told us when we called for a taxi.

Too many other negative issues to mention here so I will let my travel mates continue with their experiences. To be continued.

Room Tip: During the week is quiet, don't try to sleep during the weekend.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Michelle J
Gabriela E, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites DC Metro Capitol Beltway, responded to this review, February 17, 2013
Dear Mikki,

Please accept my deepest apologizes for the negative impression you had, at the Comfort Inn Capitol Heights.
However, we appreciate that you took the time and posted your comment on Trip Advisor. Positive and negative comments alike; help us to improve our guest satisfaction. Please feel assured that every point of your comment will be addressed with our quality assurance team. Guest satisfaction is our number one priority.
I would like to have the opportunity to talk to you, maybe by phone or e-mail, and to ask you a view detailed questions regarding your stay.
Again, thank you so much for your comment, feel free to contact me at any time.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

Overall hotel stay was great, no major problems. This was a perfect place to stay while in town to see the Redskins. Not a bad walk or drive to parking. Room was clean and houskeeping staff very friendly. Front desk staff was great!!! Anytime we travel to MD for a skins game, we always stay here!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Noel P
Gabriela E, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites DC Metro Capitol Beltway, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Dear Noel P,

We greatly appreciate that you took the time to leave such a nice comment on Trip Advisor. A public comment like yours is more meaningful to our staff than any recognition from management.
We are looking forward to see you next year for the football season.

Amsterdam, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2013

The Comfort Inn, Capitol Heights, MD has been a staying place for me for the past few years. I have stayed there at least 2 times a year for the past 5 years. The hotel has always served my needs. The front desk has been helpful and the woman who works the breakfast remembers me and makes me feel welcome. I must admit, the place continues to improve. It is an easy Metro ride to any Washington DC sights. The security is good, I always feel safe on the grounds. Hats off to the staff

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Charles B
Dear Charles B,

The staff and management of the Comfort Inn Capitol Heights owe you a big THANK YOU.
You took the time from your busy life to write a really nice review about the Hotel and our staff on Trip Advisor. Thank you so much. A person like you is the creator of an excellent work environment in the Hospitality Industry. You are a motivator for our entire staff especially our breakfast lady.
We are looking forward to welcome you back to the Comfort Inn Capitol Heights.
altanta
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2012

I come to maryland every 2 weeks to stay at this hotel for a conference. Everytime that I have came here there has been something just not comfortable @ the Comfort Inn! I informed the front desk of an issue and they immediately called it a complaint. Management is horrible. They are not concerned for their guest. The manager was very rude and nonchalant. He really could careless about my concern for the duration of my stay. Clearly customer service is an amenity at this hotel. This hotel has changed management several times, and have "claimed" to be renovating. But everytime I come here I still see the same rooms pilled up with stuff. Their is a moldy stinct on the second floor. The internet tricks you until you get here.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
      Cleanliness
Gabriela E, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites DC Metro Capitol Beltway, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Dear valued guest from Atlanta,

I appreciate your comment and honesty on Trip Advisor, every little bit helps us to improve our service, as well as your experience with us.
Please accept my apologies for the negative impression you had at your past trip to Maryland. I am so sorry that I did not have the opportunity to talk to you in person; I can assure you, that I would have tried everything in my power to change your stay into a positive note. Please seek me out personally on your next trip to the Comfort Inn Capitol Heights, so we can make your stay an excellent experience.

Gabriela

Travelers are raving about these Capitol Heights hotels

Norfolk, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2012

I was very skeptical about making reservations at this hotel after I had read so many negative reviews. I am led to write this review because we received very good service from the moment we checked in until the time we checked out. I did not fine anyone hanging around out front or inside the hotel.
Our accessible room was wonderful (I thought our bed at home was comfortable) this bed really felt good I have two bulging disc so the mattress is very important to me.

Thanks to all the staff who help make our stay great. November 12-17 2012

Room Tip: we were in 626 the only thing I wish they had were accessiblshowers.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank mamie12
Thank you so much for the nice review you posted on Trip Advisor for us.
You certainly are an inspiration and motivation to our entire staff and management. It is nice to know that there are people like who to take the time out from their busy schedule to make a positive comment.
Again thank you so much, and Happy Holidays to you and your family.

Gabriela
Bloomfield, New Jersey
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

When I initiated my search for a hotel near the DC area I was advised to look outside of Washington DC to get a fair priced room. I came across many places with comfortable prices. Being that the weekend we aimed for was to celebrate my birthday with my husband I wanted it to be financially friendly but nice. I had read many reviews and was fooled by this "Comfort Inn". I found it on choicehotel.com. The pictures looked decent and I am not a frequent flyer/traveler so no need for such a shabby hotel. After a long drive from NJ we arrived to only be greeted by a not so friendly scenery of people hanging outside smoking pot. My husband and I were trying to be optimistic and actually checked-in. I have never been so disappointed in MY LIFE! After checking-in we proceed to go up stairs in a creepy elevator and when we got to our room the keys did not work. Back down to the lobby in the creepy elevator! Finally we got working keys! The room smelled like pot & mold,, BURF! I had made reservations to a restaurant in DC and was about to cancel! After seeing how disappointed I was about the area, the smell and the dingy room my husband booked a room in Washington DC. We cancelled the rest of our already booked days and left so fast that I forgot my phone charger! I had to walk past a cloud of smoke from people smoking pot , up the creepy elevator and ran in and out the room as fast as possible! The one positive thing I had to say was that the person who checked us in was very friendly. When we were checking out we were approached by the so called manager. I am sorry if you are supposed to be the face of the hotel management you should be wearing presentable attire and not have hot pink streaks of hair! We had to pay that one night but got our money back for the rest of the nights. The saying " you get what you pay for," has never made more sense! PLEASE PLEASE do not stay here. And to think we were supposed to go with my 1 yr old son! After we left we had an amazing weekend at another hotel 5 blocks away from the White House, affiliated to the Marriott hotels. After our experience it was worth every penny!

Room Tip: No room is a good room!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CVC21
New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2012

My husband and I stayed here during a friend's birthday weekend and it was not a good idea. As we walked into the hotel they were people hanging outside the hotel and in the stair cases. At the front desk there was a tv monitor showing the different spots in and around the hotel in plain view for all to see. The heating system did not work and the hotel really shows it old age and could use an upgrade ASAP. We had to use hulk strength to turn on the facets in the bathroom and entrance area and the fridge hummed all night. The bed was comfortable but the other funritures had stains on them. The people hanging around, key pad entrances and the many cameras made the place feel unsafe. Don't stay here with your family. The breakfast staff was very nice but the lock the door at closing time.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sightseeing1
Gabriela E, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites DC Metro Capitol Beltway, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time, to write your honest opinion.
I am really sorry if the Monitors behind the Front Desk made you feel unsafe, our goal is to achieve the opposite and make you feel safe.
On the other hand, I can understand how too many cameras and locked doors can have a negative effect on a person, and their surroundings. We as a management team moved our cameras immediately, because we got your point, and I thank you very much.
In addition I would like to let you know that we are in the process of upgrading the Comfort Inn Hotel; for example, the bedding, flat screen TV’s, bathroom and light fixtures.

Again we appreciate your comment, and it was my pleasure to receive a great idea from a valued guest and put into action.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Capitol Heights
Holiday Inn Express I-95 Beltway-Largo
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Largo/Washington DC
Residence Inn Largo Capital Beltway
Extended Stay America - Washington, DC - Landover
Courtyard Largo Capital Beltway
Metro Points Hotel - Washington North

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites DC Metro Capitol Beltway? Share your experiences!