La Quinta Inn & Suites DC Metro Capitol Beltway
$129
Comfort Inn(Upper Marlboro)
$115
$98
All reviewshome depotpanda expressdc metrothe nearest metro stationallow petsfree breakfastdecent hotelshort drivehot breakfastyogurtoutdoor pooledithlqshuttleprinterbeddingbeltway
Reviewed October 22, 2012

When I initiated my search for a hotel near the DC area I was advised to look outside of Washington DC to get a fair priced room. I came across many places with comfortable prices. Being that the weekend we aimed for was to celebrate my birthday with my husband I wanted it to be financially friendly but nice. I had read many reviews and was fooled by this "Comfort Inn". I found it on choicehotel.com. The pictures looked decent and I am not a frequent flyer/traveler so no need for such a shabby hotel. After a long drive from NJ we arrived to only be greeted by a not so friendly scenery of people hanging outside smoking pot. My husband and I were trying to be optimistic and actually checked-in. I have never been so disappointed in MY LIFE! After checking-in we proceed to go up stairs in a creepy elevator and when we got to our room the keys did not work. Back down to the lobby in the creepy elevator! Finally we got working keys! The room smelled like pot & mold,, BURF! I had made reservations to a restaurant in DC and was about to cancel! After seeing how disappointed I was about the area, the smell and the dingy room my husband booked a room in Washington DC. We cancelled the rest of our already booked days and left so fast that I forgot my phone charger! I had to walk past a cloud of smoke from people smoking pot , up the creepy elevator and ran in and out the room as fast as possible! The one positive thing I had to say was that the person who checked us in was very friendly. When we were checking out we were approached by the so called manager. I am sorry if you are supposed to be the face of the hotel management you should be wearing presentable attire and not have hot pink streaks of hair! We had to pay that one night but got our money back for the rest of the nights. The saying " you get what you pay for," has never made more sense! PLEASE PLEASE do not stay here. And to think we were supposed to go with my 1 yr old son! After we left we had an amazing weekend at another hotel 5 blocks away from the White House, affiliated to the Marriott hotels. After our experience it was worth every penny!

Room Tip: No room is a good room!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CVC21
Reviewed October 20, 2012

My husband and I stayed here during a friend's birthday weekend and it was not a good idea. As we walked into the hotel they were people hanging outside the hotel and in the stair cases. At the front desk there was a tv monitor showing the different spots in and around the hotel in plain view for all to see. The heating system did not work and the hotel really shows it old age and could use an upgrade ASAP. We had to use hulk strength to turn on the facets in the bathroom and entrance area and the fridge hummed all night. The bed was comfortable but the other funritures had stains on them. The people hanging around, key pad entrances and the many cameras made the place feel unsafe. Don't stay here with your family. The breakfast staff was very nice but the lock the door at closing time.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sightseeing1
Gabriela E, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites DC Metro Capitol Beltway, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time, to write your honest opinion.
I am really sorry if the Monitors behind the Front Desk made you feel unsafe, our goal is to achieve the opposite and make you feel safe.
On the other hand, I can understand how too many cameras and locked doors can have a negative effect on a person, and their surroundings. We as a management team moved our cameras immediately, because we got your point, and I thank you very much.
In addition I would like to let you know that we are in the process of upgrading the Comfort Inn Hotel; for example, the bedding, flat screen TV’s, bathroom and light fixtures.

Again we appreciate your comment, and it was my pleasure to receive a great idea from a valued guest and put into action.

Reviewed October 12, 2012

The hotel info claims it is 0,25 Miles from the metro, but it took us 25 minutes to get there on foot. They do offer à shuttle which works fine as long as you know what car to look for when it picks you up from the station, as it is not marked at all. Staff are very friendly and breakfast is good. Beds are all right, just the sink is not in the bathroom but in the bedroom.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Gabriela E, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites DC Metro Capitol Beltway, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such a nice review on
Trip Advisor. We appreciate and honor our guests comments, experience,
and opinion. I have to agree with you, that it is hard to identify the
van at the Metro station for pick up; Therefore we ordered signs so
you do not have to second guess anymore, which vehicle belongs to the
Comfort Inn Hotel Capitol Heights.
I hope you had a safe journey back home.

Comfort Inn Capitol Heights
301-336-8900
301-336-6419 Fax
gabriellae@bmhg.net

Reviewed October 11, 2012

We had a block of 8 rooms in October 2012 for a cheerleading exhibition at a Redskins game. I had my high school cheerleaders and their families stay here. It took me calling 6 times to confirm my reservation (I should have known then not to book here) and get the information sent to me. Upon arrival, we had speedy check-in and all the rooms were next to one another and one had the rollaway we requested in advance. But that is where the positive stops: In broad daylight, after only being there 2 hours, one of our cars was broken into and over $1,500 worth of items stolen. When we spoke with the security guard he said he hated working that hotel because things like that happened all the time in their parking lot because of the location. (He then only patrolled the lot once an hour, and the rest of the time stood out front where numerous guests were smoking POT or he remained in the lobby) I would have expected, even though they're in it for the money, that the group person would have maybe suggested a different location for a group of high school cheerleaders. We had planned to check-out that morning and leave our cars there since it was so close to FedEx field, but chose to all leave and have to pay to park at the stadium because we didn't trust our cars there.
The breakfast was good, and the service was ok. They did allow us to use the conference room to practice as a group "after hours."
The hotel claims to be going through upgrades - so if you still choose to stay here, ask for one that has already been renovated. The ones that have not smell like mold, and the mattresses are sunken in. We also had to get our sheets switched upon arrival because they had big black dust/dirt marks on them.
This is the first review of a hotel I've felt compelled to write because it was such a negative experience and I would like to keep it from happening to others.
If you are a tough person with thick skin who doesn't appreciate your personal items, go for it. It is convienient to FedEx for Redskins games, but the area wasn't worth it and if we go again next year we will certainly stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank ChristinaM41_12

Thank you so much for sharing with us the good, and the bad during
your stay at the Comfort Inn Capitol Heights. It is always our goal to
keep groups together, insure a speedy check in, and accommodate all
the group requests. Thank you for acknowledging this service.
Please accept my deepest apologizes, for the negative experience
during your stay.I would like to assure you, that the safety and the
personal property of our guest, staff, and visitors is our number one
priority. The entire management team at the Comfort Inn was very
disturbed about the car break in. Please believe that this was an
isolated incident. We immediately invested in more security measures
on our premises; to reinforce safety for our guest and staff.
I would appreciate if you would give me the opportunity to discuss
this matter in more detail, please contact me per e-mail or phone.
Again, thank you so much for your time. gabriellae@bmhg.net

Reviewed September 28, 2012

My husband and I were very disappointed with our stay here. We picked this hotel online because it was close to the theme park that we were spending the day at. Comnfort Inn usually has a great reputation so I figured we wouldn't go wronge. The shower took 5 minutes to get hot water, there was a long black hair stuck to the back of the bathroom door, the vents in the bathroom were dusty/dirty, the duvet on the bed was stained/dirty, the hallway smelt like urine, and to top it off the coffee in our room for the coffee pot tasted just like water with a hint of coffee. We know to never stay here again! At check out, we weren't even ask how our stay was or anything.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ruth A

Dear Ruth,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent stay experience
with us. We at the Comfort Inn Capitol Heights appreciate an honest
review, which ultimately helps us to improve in the troubled areas. We
recently underwent a new change in management and we are currently
undergoing a process of renovations i.e, updating the bedding,
including comforters and also the carpets in our rooms and hallways.
Again thank you so much for your comment, and I would like to extend
my sincerest apologizes. If you would like to contact me to discuss
this matter in debt I would be very happy to do so.