“Very Good Choice.” 4 of 5 bubbles

La Quinta Inn & Suites DC Metro Capitol Beltway
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Capitol Heights
“Very Good Choice.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2012

My group of about 100 ppl recently stay at this location.We were on spring break visting the White House. This location was great. The area has fine eatery nearby,and a family dollar. The rooms were clean, the bedding was great, the price was reasonable,the staff was friendly,the breakfast was good,the hotel overall is an excellent choice for small or large groups.The hotel director of sales(Ms.Gail) wasEXCELLENT in accomadating my requests.I will recommend this location to anyone visiting the Washington,Lower Maryland,Upper Virginia area.

• Stayed April 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
jguevara, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites DC Metro Capitol Beltway, responded to this review, April 23, 2012
Thank you so much for returning to the Comfort Inn and for your kind words and honest assessment of our hotel. It was a pleasure to host your group and get to meet so many of your elders and juniors.

Joel Guevara, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Willimantic, Connecticut
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2012

We brought a group of high school students to this property for a three night stay, and I've never been so horrified by a hotel before. I don't mind budget hotels, but this was simply unsafe and unsanitary throughout. The elevators were not in safe operating condition; the rooms were permeated with the smell of smoke and mold; almost all of the blankets on the beds on our 'non-smoking' floor had cigarette burns in them. Internet access was awful.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Kathleen K
We apologize that this response is so delayed however we wanted to honestly thank you for taking the time to state your concerns. Your comments prompted some inspections both outside of the hotel and within the hotel staff. Growth happens through communication and however indirect you have helped us to grow. Every issue that you raised has been honestly reviewed and many improvements have resulted because of this. We do apologize that you did not have a secure and pleasant stay and we would make ourselves available if you would like to discuss any of these matters. No excuses just a sincere apology.

Joel Guevara, General Manager

Travelers are raving about these Capitol Heights hotels

Benton Harbor, Michigan
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2012

Me and my family stayed at this establishment this past weekend (Friday, March 9 - Sunday, March 11, 2012) after driving 10 hours from Michigan for a close family member's birthday celebration. When we drove up and my husband went to check in... I saw women walking in and out with pajamas and hair bonnets on as well as other unsavory characters walking in and out. They put us on the third floor...HONESTLY, it looked like doors on that floor had been kicked in. Upon entering the room, the carpets were dirty, the comforters on both beds had so many grease stains it looked like someone ate a BUCKET OF CHICKEN in the middle of the bed! One of the comforters had a bleach stain on it! Unbelievable! I called down and told the guy at the front desk (btw, very unprofessional looking with braids all over his head) that my room was quite unsatisfactory, he asked me to come down. When I got down there he mentioned he was going to put me on the 6th fl.....the manager a very nice caucasian lady said, "you don't look happy", I said, "I'm not" and I went on to explained to her that me and my husband and two children had just gotten off the road, we were tired and the condition of our room was sub-standard. She said, "well, we want you to be happy, let me help you". She looked to see what room we were being switched to, kind of frowned at the gentleman and whispered, "no, we're not putting her there" and then turned to me and said, "I have a room and I want you to look at it." She took me to an area towards the right, behind the front desk area that had a transparent door which closed 3 rooms off from the general population. We went into room 101 which was larger and a bit nicer. I agreed to this room and went back upstairs to collect our belongings. My husband was not comfortable staying here and he made them bring us new comforters (one had a huge hole in it....which I repositioned and hid from my husband) and blankets. My husband opted not to have housekeeping clean our room and every time we left the hotel we took our jewelry and all electronics with us.....yes, it was like that..... Did i mention the security guard positioned in the lobby and constantly walking the hallways 24hrs a day or the bullet proof glass that was pulled across the check-in desk after hours. The Motel 6 next door which looked like homeless shelter should have been an indication as to the riff-raff that hung out between the two establishments! Oh but wait....there are a few positive notes....the complimentary breakfast was quite nice and there was two very, very nice female managers (the one that i mentioned earlier and the other one that helped us with getting a better room and the second worked on Saturday evening and brought us clean towels and collected our garbage)that were friendly and quite helpful, which was the ONLY reason I gave it two stars. I hope this review was helpful. I was quite disappointed and realized that I could have stayed downtown D.C. At the Hyatt on New Jersey Ave. for the same amount of $ that was paid to stay here. This hotel has lots of potential but needs lots of changes to take place.

Room Tip: If you are traveling with children, ask if Room 101, 102 or 103 is available.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank LdySeats
Frostburg
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2011

It was a bit dated. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The location was perfect for what I needed but the stay was not luxurious. I found the room clean. The elevator didn't work for the 3 days I was there. There seem to be a lot of construction workers staying in the hotel during my stay.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank mdmbfly
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2011

I checked in late on a Wednesday night after being at an event all day. I stay at Choice Hotels properties all the time. When I pulled up I noticed it was a bit older, but figured it would be fine. I am a single woman traveling alone. When I walked into the lobby, it smelled very badly of cigarette smoke. There were men milling about the downstairs and the whole thing looked extremely shady.

When I got in the elevator, there were empty beer bottles rolling on the floor and the elevators smelled like smoke as well. I got into my room and the carpets were disgusting!! I could not take my shoes off. There was a hole in my wall and stains on the ceiling.

The front desk called me when I got into the room to check and make sure everything was okay... when I hesitated with my answer the woman on the phone said "Are you sure you are okay?" That tipped me off...

I went downstairs to get some water and the front desk had been closed up and locked with a plate glass window! I knew I was in trouble!! It was 11pm and I had to be up at 5am so I figured I would just go to sleep and get out of there early. I was supposed to stay two nights, but I changed my hotel stay for the following night. I did not sleep at all that night because I was so unsettled and my event the following day was not successful because of my lack of sleep. In hindsight I should have found another hotel at midnight just to get some sleep.

The sink overflowed every time I turned on the water. The toilet wouldn't flush.

Do not stay here. There are plenty of hotels in the area... PICK ANOTHER ONE!!!

Room Tip: Do not stay here.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank scad_mfa
jguevara, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites DC Metro Capitol Beltway, responded to this review, October 13, 2011
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit to our hotel. I apologize that your stay was not as it should have been. While there are some possible reasons for the smoke smell in the lobby there is no excuse for the bad manners of other guests. I also apologize for trash in the elevators. Our housekeeping staff is usually very good about keeping the space clean.

We find it helpful to give our guests a "Courtesy Call" once they have settled in their rooms to see if they need any further assistance or forgot any items. I am sorry if the tone of voice or words used left you unsettled. I will certainly review that with the staff.

Please know we will take your comment to heart and thank you for sharing with us so we can improve our service to other guests.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2011

Found cigar packages in my sheets. The sheet was never change from customer before me. SO Nasty!!! Never again! Pool is too small!!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2011

Our room was clean. Not luxurious, but plenty sufficient for the price. The front desk staff were courteous and as helpful as possible. The complimentary breakfast was good -- it included both cold and hot breakfast options. We were frustrated with the number of things that were "Out of Order" throughout the hotel. One of the two side-by-side elevators was not working. This posed a serious difficulty since we stayed on the 6th floor. When we arrived late at night, we were able to use the other working elevator, but the next morning when guests were up and moving, we never could get the working elevator to our floor. 6 flights of stairs are pretty difficult while lugging heavy bags. Also, there was not a single working ice machine in the building. We were warned at check-in that we'd have to go to the 1st, 3rd or 5th floor for a working ice machine, but by morning when we were trying to refill our cooler, each of those was out of ice. The frustration was intensified by the necessity of taking the stairs to each of these floors only to find the ice machine empty. Finally, I almost chuckled when I saw the "Out of Order" sign on the washing machine. Would be a nice place for quick stop if things worked.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Capitol Heights
Holiday Inn Express I-95 Beltway-Largo
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Largo/Washington DC
Residence Inn Largo Capital Beltway
Extended Stay America - Washington, DC - Landover
Courtyard Largo Capital Beltway
Metro Points Hotel - Washington North

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites DC Metro Capitol Beltway? Share your experiences!