Country Inn & Suites Washington DC East - Capitol Heights, MD.
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Capitol Heights
Reviewed November 2, 2009

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for the U2 concert in Sept of 09, which was an absolutely amazing experience! This was the first time we had the pleasure of staying at a Country Inn & Suites Hotel and we were pleasantly surprised by the coziness of this brand. As Holiday Inn Priority Club members we were disappointed that the one near by was booked, as were all the other hotels in the area. However it turned out to be a blessing in disguise because I absolutely fell in love with what the Country Inn brand stands for. The hotel is rather small at fewer than 80 rooms so they do a good job of accommodating directly to their guest. Our room was extremely spacious, which was great. Most hotels in D.C. aren’t nearly this big, they are cramped. Yet you pay a ton because of the proximity of location.

So as it turned out Fedex Field was right there and shuttle got us there in about 10 minutes even with all the robust traffic, I must say it only seemed like it was a mile away. The concert was great; I would encourage anyone to check out U2 if they ever get the chance, they don’t do many American tours though.

With that being said after the concert our shuttle catered us back to our hotel and we slept marvelously. We ended up canceling our reservation at marvelous, yet expensive Willard Hotel in Washington D.C. and staying a extra few days at Country Inn to do some sight seeing in The Capitol.

Although there isn't a restaurant in the hotel there are several around it in walking distance because it is located in a plot. Most notably, Jerry's Pizza & Subs and Panda Express. Both places are a 30 second walk from the hotel.

Country Inn definitely has my heart now, I even decided to become a gold points plus member. I strongly recommend this hotel if your ever attending an event at FedEx field or going sighting in D.C.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 24, 2009

Me and my husband, stayed at the country Inn Suites, in Capital heights, Maryland. We enjoyed our stay. The hospitality was great, anytime we had a question, they were able to answer it. The room was clean and everything was crisp and clean. The complimentary continental breakfast, was great. I'm looking forward visiting again.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 24, 2009

I'm a Caucasian male born and raised in the Southern part of Virginia. Over the past 10 years I've served as a tech engineer for roller coasters and rides at Six Flags Theme Park. It would only make sense that I stay at Country Inn because its the and newest and closest hotel to the theme park.

Before the Country Inn was open I stayed at the Comfort Inn (back then it was a Days Inn) across the street. So, I must testify and witness the change that I have seen in this area. Up until the last 6 years I must say that this area was kind of bad, nonetheless there was still a lot of corporate money because of its close proximity to Washington DC. I guess that explains why there are 4 to 5 corporate hotels all within 2 miles of each other.

Now over the course of the past 5 years this place has been expanding at a rapid rate. This area in particular is really cleaning up its act. This is largely due to a church group, The Sanctuary which is actually located in the same plot as where the Country Inn is. Not only have they cleaned up that whole plot of which they own practically everything and lease out, they have cleaned up the whole town. I guess that's why Country Inn felt this was an appropriate area to put the Hotel.

This area is not as bad as its projected. Obviously there is a little crime here and there. However, as long as you don't venture out by foot at night past 12:00am you will be fine. There is even security on site. I've also taken my family here for weekend sight seeing in Washington DC, which is a quick shot by subway. They always love it here as well. Finally, the staff is more then pleasant. I would more then recommend a stay here if your going to Six Flags, Washington DC, or anyone else in the area.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed October 3, 2009

My family both immediate and extended reserved a block of rooms here in July 09 for a fri, sat, and sun to do some leisurely sightseeing in America's Capital. The hotel was in great location as it was only about a mile from a metro. Not exactly walkable but an easy drive and parking was cheap there. From there we able to get to heart of dc, the Smithsonian stop in 25 minutes! Absolutely fantastic. We were ecstatic about the proximity to D.C. for only $109 a night. Then on Saturday we flipped the script and went to the new National Harbor, which was only 15 minutes away. Finally on Sunday we eased into Annapolis and did some sightseeing there. All in all the stay was good, we didn’t stay at the hotel much with the exception of sleeping. The hotel was new, and clean. The beds were real comfortable, and staff was friendly, and the comp breakfast was a nice treat to start our day. We will def come back again next year.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed September 4, 2009

I stayed here for 5 nights, and was very pleased. The hotel was not very close to the metro, but was 5 minute drive by car. The staff was exceptional, they went above and beyond to help us and give us nice suggestions for stores and D.C. traveling. Only a few faults that I saw about this hotel.Rooms were kept clean every day, but when we arrived, we found two open cans of soda in the frig. Not a big problem. The swimming pool was tiny and hot tub didn't work first night we were there. Overall, I would recommend it to anyone. I have never met a more pleasant group of people, they went above and beyond. Wi Fi was extremely slow.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank ustravel2277
Reviewed July 18, 2009

I was one of the first customers to stay at this hotel when it first opened - it was beautiful. Returned one year later and could not believe how the hotel had changed. Spoke to mgtment - Just stayed there 6/09 and had an excellent stay. Mgtment had put down new carpet, and I could see contractors renovating. Staff said they were being more selective to whom they rent to. Hotel is not located in the best area - but if you drive you are okay - DON'T WALK ANY WHERE. I've never had a problem parking in the parking lot and I carry a lot of merchandise in my minivan, I park near the front entrance. Staff is excellent - faxed 29 page document for me, twice.-wouldn't take a tip.
Good Breakfast

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed June 18, 2009

I stayed for 5 nights in a one bedroom smoking room. The room was very nice with a separate bedroom. The hotel staff was friendly and overall facility was accommodating. Would stay again without a doubt.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Largo/Washington DC
Residence Inn Largo Capital Beltway
Courtyard Largo Capital Beltway
Holiday Inn Express I-95 Beltway-Largo

Been to Country Inn & Suites Washington DC East - Capitol Heights, MD.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Country Inn & Suites Washington DC East - Capitol Heights, MD.

Address: 8850 Hampton Mall Dr N, Capitol Heights, MD 20743-3817 (Formerly FairBridge Inn & Suites)
Location: United States > Maryland > Capitol Heights
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Spa Suites Wheelchair access
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Capitol Heights
Price Range: $79 - $145 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Country Inn & Suites Washington DC East - Capitol Heights, MD. 2.5*
This hotel located nearby FedEx Field features 74 guestrooms and suites, newly remodeled with a modern decor. Free breakfast, free WiFi in public areas, and free self parking are also provided. Other amenities include, a 24-hour business center, and coffee/tea in the lobby. Room Amenities; All rooms provide free WiFi Internet, flat-screen TVs with digital channels, and conveniences like refrigerators and microwaves. Other amenities available to guests include coffee makers, free weekday newspapers, and free local calls. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Carlson, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Country Inn & Suites Washington DC East - Capitol Heights, MD. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Country Inn And Suites Capitol Heights