My husband and I stayed at this hotel for the U2 concert in Sept of 09, which was an absolutely amazing experience! This was the first time we had the pleasure of staying at a Country Inn & Suites Hotel and we were pleasantly surprised by the coziness of this brand. As Holiday Inn Priority Club members we were disappointed that the one near by was booked, as were all the other hotels in the area. However it turned out to be a blessing in disguise because I absolutely fell in love with what the Country Inn brand stands for. The hotel is rather small at fewer than 80 rooms so they do a good job of accommodating directly to their guest. Our room was extremely spacious, which was great. Most hotels in D.C. aren’t nearly this big, they are cramped. Yet you pay a ton because of the proximity of location.
So as it turned out Fedex Field was right there and shuttle got us there in about 10 minutes even with all the robust traffic, I must say it only seemed like it was a mile away. The concert was great; I would encourage anyone to check out U2 if they ever get the chance, they don’t do many American tours though.
With that being said after the concert our shuttle catered us back to our hotel and we slept marvelously. We ended up canceling our reservation at marvelous, yet expensive Willard Hotel in Washington D.C. and staying a extra few days at Country Inn to do some sight seeing in The Capitol.
Although there isn't a restaurant in the hotel there are several around it in walking distance because it is located in a plot. Most notably, Jerry's Pizza & Subs and Panda Express. Both places are a 30 second walk from the hotel.
Country Inn definitely has my heart now, I even decided to become a gold points plus member. I strongly recommend this hotel if your ever attending an event at FedEx field or going sighting in D.C.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This hotel located nearby FedEx Field features 74 guestrooms and suites, newly remodeled with a modern decor. Free breakfast, free WiFi in public areas, and free self parking are also provided. Other amenities include, a 24-hour business center, and coffee/tea in the lobby. Room Amenities; All rooms provide free WiFi Internet, flat-screen TVs with digital channels, and conveniences like refrigerators and microwaves. Other amenities available to guests include coffee makers, free weekday newspapers, and free local calls. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Carlson, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Country Inn & Suites Washington DC East - Capitol Heights, MD. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Country Inn And Suites Capitol Heights
- Country Inn & Suites Capitol Heights Hotel Capitol Heights
- Country Inn Capitol Heights
- Capitol Heights Country Inn