“Staff very nice & helpful, room spacious & clean”

Country Inn & Suites Washington DC East - Capitol Heights, MD.
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Capitol Heights
Petersburg, Virginia
“Staff very nice & helpful, room spacious & clean”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

My family and I enjoyed our stay at Country Inn & Suites, Capitol Heights, MD while visiting Washington D. C. to sight see. I did not know much about the area and picked this hotel for close distance. Great pick!! From the time I called hotel to inquire about the room, until the we checked out, I received excellent customer service. Carmen, front desk staff member was awesome and the night staff was great as well. Our room was clean and we had adequate space (2 adults & 2 kids), perfect family hotel room at a great price! Carmen and the entire staff made our stay feel welcoming. I would recommend to anyone!

Room Tip: Great hotel... friendly customer service, breakfast, pool and hotel room has adequate space for fami...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Dover, Delaware
Reviewed August 28, 2013

I traveled 4 hours and I needed a place to finally rest. My friend decided to stay at the Country & suites in Capitol Heights, Maryland. Since it was a "spur of the moment" thing I didn't have high hopes for luxury. I was impressed with the cleanliness of the hotel and it didn't have that "hotel smell" I had a great night sleep and I just love those pillows. But my favorite part of the experience was in the morning when I was 10 minutes late for breakfast. The staff was friendly and courteous and allowed me and my friends to have breakfast... I think we'll stay another night. :-)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank sylviakb1
Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

I really enjoyed my stay at the Country Inn! Excellent managent and staff! You have gained another loyal customer! I will recomend this hotel to everyone! I was truly amazed at the hospitality that me and my family received! It is greatly appreciated!

• Stayed August 2013
Upper Marlboro, Maryland
Reviewed July 6, 2013

I had the most wonderful experience with Country Inn & Suites during a trying time in my life. On June 30, 2013 I lost my brother. I contacted William Ragon (Manager) and explained my situation. He had great compassion and with minutes found 21 rooms for my family who were traveling from all over the country to participate in my brother’s Home Going Services. The staff during our staff was warm and very and provided us with everything that we need in our hour of sorrow. I live in Upper Marlboro, MD and I will be using this hotel again for my family reunion in August this year.
I truly want to thank the staff of Country Inn & Suites.

Demetrice T. Brown Sr.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Leon C, Manager at Country Inn & Suites Washington DC East - Capitol Heights, MD., responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Thank you so much for your review! We truly aim to please our guests, and it is always wonderful when our hard work gets noticed. We hope you will choose our hotel again.

Leon Chittams, CRDE
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

I was on vacation and not familiar with the dc area..I booked the room using my hotel points with country inn ans suites. The area the hotel was in was a little different than hotels I normally book. The area surrounding the hotel only had fast food places. Up the street and waaay around the corner was Fed Ex field so you would think there would be some restaurants around but there was not. When I checked in the staff was great a guy even went upstairs to see if there was a room ready prior to check in. The room was spacious it was a suite. The only issue was the sink drained really slow. The morning breakfast was wonderful the lady who worked there actually made from scratch biscuits..I had 4 or 5. I don't really eat sausage gravy so what I had to eat was pretty limited to biscuits and orange juice. They had juices,bagels, toast, mini blueberry muffins, hot oatmeal, eggs, biscuits and sausage gravy, yogurt and a waffle machine. All staff I encountered including someone who I think may have been the manager were all very nice.

• Stayed June 2013
Leon C, Manager at Country Inn & Suites Washington DC East - Capitol Heights, MD., responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Thank you for your review of our hotel. It is always wonderful to hear that our staff made our guests feel welcome. We absolutely pride ourselves on our friendliness, and we appreciate the acknowledgement. We apologize for the issue with your sink, and hope you will choose to stay with us again!

Leon Chittams, CRDE
New England
Reviewed April 22, 2013

I booked the room through Hotwire where the hotel was listed as being nonsmoking. When I got there the room they assigned reeked of cigarettes which you could smell when exiting the elevator. I complained and the clerk put me in a different room, but when I returned from dinner he said I had to back to the smoking room. He claimed the manager chewed him out and threatened to fire him if I was still in the new room the next morning. He even had a security guard there to escort me to the smoking room and I was told if I didn't move to the smoking room I would be escorted off the premises. He couldn't even refund my money because I booked it on Hotwire. It didn't matter to them that they were in the wrong by advertising as a 100% smoke free hotel but were allowing smoking on part of the third floor, confirmed by the hotel security guard and the ashtrays that were present in the rooms. I had to scramble to find a room for the night.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Travelmom204
Leon C, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Washington DC East - Capitol Heights, MD., responded to this review, April 27, 2013
Thank you for your review of our hotel. We sincerely apologize for the confusion in your room booking. We are currently working with Hotwire to clear up the discrepancy in their listings, and assure you that you will not be charged for the booking at our hotel. We apologize for the mixup, and all of our employees will be properly trained to ensure this doesn't happen again.

Leon Chittams
Country Inn & Suites
Fredericksburg,Virginia
Reviewed April 21, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for one night while my daughter had a basketball tournament. I have no complaints, we have stayed in Country Inns in the past an this one did not disappoint . We had a king studio with king bed an sleeper sofa. The bed was very comfortable with nice linens. The room had a fridge, microwave coffee pot and flat screen tv. Bathroom was spacious an clean with curved shower rod. The hotel has as small indoor pool an hot tub that the girls enjoyed. Breakfast was good, waffles, sausage, eggs , potatoes, cereals, juices, fresh fruit, bagels etc. This hotel is off the interstate and is located in a shopping center. The parking out front is well lit . It is very close to Fed Ex field. There is a little area in the lobby with chairs, sofa and computer for guests to use. Also free Wifi. I would stay here again

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank BeachGirly58
Leon C, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Washington DC East - Capitol Heights, MD., responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. It is through our guests that we truly see the return on our hard work. We are glad you enjoyed your stay, and hope you will choose us again, maybe for a Redskins game!

Leon Chittams
Extended Stay America - Washington, DC - Landover
Courtyard Largo Capital Beltway
Residence Inn Largo Capital Beltway
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Largo/Washington DC

Been to Country Inn & Suites Washington DC East - Capitol Heights, MD.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Country Inn & Suites Washington DC East - Capitol Heights, MD.

Property: Country Inn & Suites Washington DC East - Capitol Heights, MD.
Address: 8850 Hampton Mall Dr N, Capitol Heights, MD 20743-3817 (Formerly FairBridge Inn & Suites)
Location: United States > Maryland > Capitol Heights
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Capitol Heights
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Country Inn & Suites Washington DC East - Capitol Heights, MD. 2.5*
This hotel located nearby FedEx Field features an indoor pool, a fitness center, and a spa tub. Free breakfast, free WiFi in public areas, and free self parking are also provided. Other amenities include a sauna, a 24-hour business center, and coffee/tea in the lobby. Room Amenities All rooms provide free WiFi and free wired Internet, flat-screen TVs with digital channels, and conveniences like refrigerators and microwaves. Other amenities available to guests include coffee makers, free weekday newspapers, and free local calls. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Cancelon so you can book your Country Inn & Suites Washington DC East - Capitol Heights, MD. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Country Inn And Suites Capitol Heights