“prepare to leave copy of your license” 2 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
FairBridge Inn & Suites
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Capitol Heights
Glenville, New York
“prepare to leave copy of your license”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2013

Prebooked a nonrefundable room.Was told they needed to make a copy of my license because they needed to know who was staying there. Had choice to stay or leave and get no refundAt check out I asked for the copy back and was told they needed to keep a copy on file.
No manager on duty to discuss with. Could not reach on phone. Received a email from corporate asking how my stay was.I expressed my concerns of keeping a copy of my license due to identity theft they agreed and that the hotel would be contacting me to discuss thier policy.its been a few weeks and they have not contacted me.All I want to know is it the corporate policy of this chain. If it is I will never book a nonrefundable room with them again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank b s

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Dover, Delaware
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

I traveled 4 hours and I needed a place to finally rest. My friend decided to stay at the Country & suites in Capitol Heights, Maryland. Since it was a "spur of the moment" thing I didn't have high hopes for luxury. I was impressed with the cleanliness of the hotel and it didn't have that "hotel smell" I had a great night sleep and I just love those pillows. But my favorite part of the experience was in the morning when I was 10 minutes late for breakfast. The staff was friendly and courteous and allowed me and my friends to have breakfast... I think we'll stay another night. :-)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank sylviakb1
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

I really enjoyed my stay at the Country Inn! Excellent managent and staff! You have gained another loyal customer! I will recomend this hotel to everyone! I was truly amazed at the hospitality that me and my family received! It is greatly appreciated!

• Stayed August 2013
Upper Marlboro, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013

I had the most wonderful experience with Country Inn & Suites during a trying time in my life. On June 30, 2013 I lost my brother. I contacted William Ragon (Manager) and explained my situation. He had great compassion and with minutes found 21 rooms for my family who were traveling from all over the country to participate in my brother’s Home Going Services. The staff during our staff was warm and very and provided us with everything that we need in our hour of sorrow. I live in Upper Marlboro, MD and I will be using this hotel again for my family reunion in August this year.
I truly want to thank the staff of Country Inn & Suites.

Demetrice T. Brown Sr.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Leon C, Manager at FairBridge Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Thank you so much for your review! We truly aim to please our guests, and it is always wonderful when our hard work gets noticed. We hope you will choose our hotel again.

Leon Chittams, CRDE
Cleveland, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

I was on vacation and not familiar with the dc area..I booked the room using my hotel points with country inn ans suites. The area the hotel was in was a little different than hotels I normally book. The area surrounding the hotel only had fast food places. Up the street and waaay around the corner was Fed Ex field so you would think there would be some restaurants around but there was not. When I checked in the staff was great a guy even went upstairs to see if there was a room ready prior to check in. The room was spacious it was a suite. The only issue was the sink drained really slow. The morning breakfast was wonderful the lady who worked there actually made from scratch biscuits..I had 4 or 5. I don't really eat sausage gravy so what I had to eat was pretty limited to biscuits and orange juice. They had juices,bagels, toast, mini blueberry muffins, hot oatmeal, eggs, biscuits and sausage gravy, yogurt and a waffle machine. All staff I encountered including someone who I think may have been the manager were all very nice.

• Stayed June 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Leon C, Manager at FairBridge Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Thank you for your review of our hotel. It is always wonderful to hear that our staff made our guests feel welcome. We absolutely pride ourselves on our friendliness, and we appreciate the acknowledgement. We apologize for the issue with your sink, and hope you will choose to stay with us again!

Leon Chittams, CRDE
New England
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

I booked the room through Hotwire where the hotel was listed as being nonsmoking. When I got there the room they assigned reeked of cigarettes which you could smell when exiting the elevator. I complained and the clerk put me in a different room, but when I returned from dinner he said I had to back to the smoking room. He claimed the manager chewed him out and threatened to fire him if I was still in the new room the next morning. He even had a security guard there to escort me to the smoking room and I was told if I didn't move to the smoking room I would be escorted off the premises. He couldn't even refund my money because I booked it on Hotwire. It didn't matter to them that they were in the wrong by advertising as a 100% smoke free hotel but were allowing smoking on part of the third floor, confirmed by the hotel security guard and the ashtrays that were present in the rooms. I had to scramble to find a room for the night.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Travelmom204
Leon C, General Manager at FairBridge Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 27, 2013
Thank you for your review of our hotel. We sincerely apologize for the confusion in your room booking. We are currently working with Hotwire to clear up the discrepancy in their listings, and assure you that you will not be charged for the booking at our hotel. We apologize for the mixup, and all of our employees will be properly trained to ensure this doesn't happen again.

Leon Chittams
Country Inn & Suites

Travelers are raving about these Capitol Heights hotels

Fredericksburg,Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for one night while my daughter had a basketball tournament. I have no complaints, we have stayed in Country Inns in the past an this one did not disappoint . We had a king studio with king bed an sleeper sofa. The bed was very comfortable with nice linens. The room had a fridge, microwave coffee pot and flat screen tv. Bathroom was spacious an clean with curved shower rod. The hotel has as small indoor pool an hot tub that the girls enjoyed. Breakfast was good, waffles, sausage, eggs , potatoes, cereals, juices, fresh fruit, bagels etc. This hotel is off the interstate and is located in a shopping center. The parking out front is well lit . It is very close to Fed Ex field. There is a little area in the lobby with chairs, sofa and computer for guests to use. Also free Wifi. I would stay here again

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank BeachGirly58
Leon C, General Manager at FairBridge Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. It is through our guests that we truly see the return on our hard work. We are glad you enjoyed your stay, and hope you will choose us again, maybe for a Redskins game!

Leon Chittams
Also consider these accommodations in or near Capitol Heights
La Quinta Inn & Suites DC Metro Capitol Beltway
Residence Inn Largo Capital Beltway
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Largo/Washington DC
BEST WESTERN PLUS DC Hotel Largo FedEx Field
Metro Points Hotel - Washington North
Holiday Inn Express I-95 Beltway-Largo

Been to FairBridge Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!