See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed November 13, 2017

My family stayed to this hotel, and it was the worst stay ever. They have roaches bad, and the sheets were dirty. I told house keeping she said she was going to bring some sheets back, and never did. The workers there are rude as hell, and very unprofessional.

Room tip: don't stay here at all!!!
Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank latoya l
Reviewed June 21, 2017 via mobile

Waking to our room, my husband watched a drug deal take place in the stairwell.
Then the room was remodeled but dirt was caked in the corners and baseboards of the room, but the sheets and towels were clean. We just needed a place to lay our heads.
A wild party with bass thumping, people yelling of the balconies and screaming lasted for about 2 hours from midnight until 2 am.
After That, the yelling from balconies, racing cars and people beating on your doors lasted all night long.
We didn't call the office because we didn't want to anger anyone around us because our kids were in the room with us.
We will never be staying here again.

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank amyjyost
6Team, Brand Experience Team at Motel 6 Washington DC - Capital Heights, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2017

Dear Amy, Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We strive to provide a comfortable night's rest, and are disappointed your stay was unsatisfactory due to the noise concerns you describe. Safety and security are high priorities within Motel 6 standards for quality and we regret you felt differently during your visit. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed June 9, 2017

I chose this because a booking at a better hotel close to Washington DC fell through close to my stay. I was warned beforehand that this was a bad area, but it wasn't nearly as bad as I expected. Room is very small, but I expected that. Bed was comfortable and shower was good. Stayed two nights and staff were ok. My neighbours were quite pleasant, and very friendly. There are some good restaurants across the road, and the trip into Washington DC on the train was great. A couple of cockroaches did wave me goodbye as I was checking out, so the place does need fumigating. I was only there to sleep and wasn't expecting a resort, it was what it was, a cheap motel that provided a good shower and a comfortable bed.

Room tip: Ask for one without cockroaches
Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled solo

Dear Grumpster, We appreciate you recognizing our excellent value, and we are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. If you haven't already done so, please call our Guest Relations Department at 1-855-787-9864 to share your experience. We hope to see you again soon. Safe Travels.

Reviewed June 2, 2017 via mobile

The room they gave us was trashed. Trash on floor and under the bed. Bedspread was filthy. Moved to another room. It was worst and smelled so bad that it gave me a headache.
I asked for a refund. I was told no. I called corporate. They apologized but stated that this location was a franchise. Corporate called bit they only gave me 75% back. That's ok because I would have let them keep 100% just to leave. Booked at La Quinta next door with no problem.

They should tear this Motel 6 down. It's disgusting.

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank JimmaChicago

Dear JimmaChicago, Thank you for your feedback. We are committed to delivering a clean, comfortable room and apologize for any failure during your recent stay. Please know the conditions you describe are an exception to our guest commitment and as such, we apologize for the inconveniences you describe. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations Department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience.

Reviewed February 4, 2017

The room was clean when we arrived but they didn't bother to wipe off the tables or counters after that and we stayed four nights. The place is beyond run down and the check in staff is not friendly. Cats are running around everywhere. The only reason we stayed here was because everything was sold out due to the presidential inauguration.

Date of stay: January 2017