“Good Location, Good price”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Camp Springs
Reviewed September 18, 2013

As a Choice Diamond Elite member, we've stayed at many Choice properties around the world. I say this not to brag, but to show I've had experience with the chain. This location, while an older facility, is a very good destination. I had read some unflattering reviews before deciding on staying here. I don't know what the negatives were about. Must have been long ago. I found our room to be clean, quite and fairly recently refurbished. In fact the bathroom looked to have been re-done completely. Bottom line, I will stay here again and see no reason for anyone not to. They also have a good restaurant list!

Room Tip: Highest floor is always good for less noise.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Quality Inn

Reviewed September 6, 2013

I've been staying at the Camp Springs, Maryland (Andrews AFB) Quality Inn for business purposes for better than four (4) months while on travel. I can truly say that I have never been in better hands. From check-in to receiving my parking permits, the staff is very fast, friendly and very efficient. The professionalism that's always on display, gives you a very homely feeling. I'd recommend this hotel to anyone I come in contact with.

Room Tip: When searching for a family oriented hotel, I thoroughly recommend the Quality Inn at Andrews AFB in...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 25, 2013

I was looking for a hotel to be able to visit my son without driving all over or to far away. I found this quality and at first thought, "Great close but how close? to close?" Its directly across the street! You know, military everywhere and how clean would it be being so close to the base. (ok, that doesn't sound good, but you know what I mean.)
Anyway, to my amazement the hotel is very nice, the employees are wonderful and so helpful. Every single employee either really likes their job (except for the breakfast lady, she is grumpy!!) or they paint smiles on their faces before starting work. I don't care what time of day or night, smiles!!!
Now, I don't look anywhere else to stay when I am visiting my son, which is in the Air Force!!
Huge thumbs up for this hotel and staff!!! And it helps with the Dunkin donuts next door!!!

Room Tip: Not street level!! I personally just feel safer inside.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank darlene a
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Weekend of 6/7/13 was my family reunion and I made the mistake of booking a block of rooms at the Days Inn which was very close to the park and on the same street as the Quality Inn. I've had good service from them before and never thought that I wouldn't this time. Well, my cousins checked in at 4:00 am to find the room smelling of urine, they gave her another room and that smelled the same. My cousin expressed her concerns about the rooms offered and was basically asked to leave. Of course no one wants to stay at a hotel like this so LUCKILY for us the Quality Inn was able to accommodate them and put them up for the weekend. We were able to contact our other family members and they also were set up for the weekend. The hotel was clean and the staff was hospitable. And everyone LOVED the continental breakfast. From now on, my family reunion business will ALWAYS go to the Quality Inn. I just had to drop a line to thank the staff and management at the Quality Inn.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 28, 2013

pros:
- rooms and bathrooms are clean and look recently renovated
- lots of retail and restaurant close by
- free parking
- complimentary breakfast (scrambled eggs, waffles, cereals, bagels, juices)
- rates are nice fore someone who likes to stay on a budget

Cons:
- Check out is very early at 11 and hotel policy doesnt allow extensions
- no metro (subway) station near by (only metro bus)

Room Tip: Stay in in building rooms rather than rooms that opens to the street directly (i guess its safer and...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Hotel is a little dated, not in the best condition, but our family was quite comfortable here for our week's stay. We stayed there while 5 buses of middle/high school children were there, and the rooms are quiet enough from the inside that we hardly noticed them. Outside noise (highway, sirens) are heard easily though. Our a/c unit was quite loud and was the worst part of the trip. Staff was very pleasant to deal with. Fairly convenient (about 2 miles) to end of the Green Line Metro. Really no major complaints here.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Dirty and dusty! I don't have bad allergies but they were going crazy. The elevator was broke the entire week. The employees were great, friendly and service oriented trying to work with what they been given by those above them that control the purse-strings (those that have the power to rennovate and clean the place up). The impression is that the owners/managers are cutting cormers to make more money. The big hot breakfast was good. The workout room was good. The only really good thing going for this hotel is that it is right across the street from the main gate leading into Andrews AFB.

Room Tip: Don't stay in the three story part of the building. The elevtor could be a problem and you will...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Camp Springs
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Camp Springs (Andrews Air Force Base)
Comfort Inn at Joint Base Andrews
Sleep Inn & Suites Upper Marlboro near Andrews AFB
Holiday Inn Express Washington DC East - Andrews AFB
Super 8 Camp Springs/Andrews AFB DC Area
Country Inn & Suites Washington DC East - Capitol Heights, MD.

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!