“Camp springs/ Andrews Air force base” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Camp Springs
Rochester, New York
“Camp springs/ Andrews Air force base”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

I was looking for a hotel to be able to visit my son without driving all over or to far away. I found this quality and at first thought, "Great close but how close? to close?" Its directly across the street! You know, military everywhere and how clean would it be being so close to the base. (ok, that doesn't sound good, but you know what I mean.)
Anyway, to my amazement the hotel is very nice, the employees are wonderful and so helpful. Every single employee either really likes their job (except for the breakfast lady, she is grumpy!!) or they paint smiles on their faces before starting work. I don't care what time of day or night, smiles!!!
Now, I don't look anywhere else to stay when I am visiting my son, which is in the Air Force!!
Huge thumbs up for this hotel and staff!!! And it helps with the Dunkin donuts next door!!!

Room Tip: Not street level!! I personally just feel safer inside.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank darlene a

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Capitol Heights, Maryland, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

Weekend of 6/7/13 was my family reunion and I made the mistake of booking a block of rooms at the Days Inn which was very close to the park and on the same street as the Quality Inn. I've had good service from them before and never thought that I wouldn't this time. Well, my cousins checked in at 4:00 am to find the room smelling of urine, they gave her another room and that smelled the same. My cousin expressed her concerns about the rooms offered and was basically asked to leave. Of course no one wants to stay at a hotel like this so LUCKILY for us the Quality Inn was able to accommodate them and put them up for the weekend. We were able to contact our other family members and they also were set up for the weekend. The hotel was clean and the staff was hospitable. And everyone LOVED the continental breakfast. From now on, my family reunion business will ALWAYS go to the Quality Inn. I just had to drop a line to thank the staff and management at the Quality Inn.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
State College, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

pros:
- rooms and bathrooms are clean and look recently renovated
- lots of retail and restaurant close by
- free parking
- complimentary breakfast (scrambled eggs, waffles, cereals, bagels, juices)
- rates are nice fore someone who likes to stay on a budget

Cons:
- Check out is very early at 11 and hotel policy doesnt allow extensions
- no metro (subway) station near by (only metro bus)

Room Tip: Stay in in building rooms rather than rooms that opens to the street directly (i guess its safer and...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
portland maine
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

Hotel is a little dated, not in the best condition, but our family was quite comfortable here for our week's stay. We stayed there while 5 buses of middle/high school children were there, and the rooms are quiet enough from the inside that we hardly noticed them. Outside noise (highway, sirens) are heard easily though. Our a/c unit was quite loud and was the worst part of the trip. Staff was very pleasant to deal with. Fairly convenient (about 2 miles) to end of the Green Line Metro. Really no major complaints here.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Cincinnati, Ohio
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2012

Dirty and dusty! I don't have bad allergies but they were going crazy. The elevator was broke the entire week. The employees were great, friendly and service oriented trying to work with what they been given by those above them that control the purse-strings (those that have the power to rennovate and clean the place up). The impression is that the owners/managers are cutting cormers to make more money. The big hot breakfast was good. The workout room was good. The only really good thing going for this hotel is that it is right across the street from the main gate leading into Andrews AFB.

Room Tip: Don't stay in the three story part of the building. The elevtor could be a problem and you will...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012 via mobile

When I booked the room I did so based on recent reviews and the hotel description. Well once I got to the room I was very let down. I requested a smoking room and expected a comparable room to what they advertise, well not even close. It had a tv from the 90's and was in terrible shape. Well I wanted a better room and had to take a non smoking room witch is ok with me. Well better but not by much. The first non smoking room the a/c didn't work at all so I moved yet again. The second had working a/c but was in pretty bad shape. Pics will be posted once I'm done writing this. The celing looked like it was going to fall in. The rest are best described in the pics. Oh I almost forgot about the mystery yellow stain on the comforter. I personally will not return here.

• Stayed October 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2012 via mobile

This is a hotel past its prime in a somewhat rundown area. However, it was good value and the reception staff were very friendly and helpful. Plus, there was a cooked breakfast and the room was pleasant and airy with refrigerator and microwave. Additionally, it was only a couple of miles from a metro station, where we parked and rode into DC.

I have read some of the negative comments left by others about this hotel and, quite honestly, apart from the area, I cannot agree with any of their remarks whatsoever.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Camp Springs
Comfort Inn at Joint Base Andrews
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Camp Springs (Andrews Air Force Base)
Sleep Inn & Suites Upper Marlboro near Andrews AFB
Hampton Inn & Suites Camp Springs/Andrews AFB
Super 8 Camp Springs/Andrews AFB DC Area
Holiday Inn Express Washington DC East - Andrews AFB

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!