Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Camp Springs (Andrews Air Force Base), MD
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Camp Springs
Reviewed June 22, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for a week to tour DC. It was our first trip to the area, and our first stay at a Country Inn.

The check inn was pretty painless. I prepaid for what was listed as an "Extended Stay Suite" on the official website One of the room features was a pull out sofa. When we got to our assigned room there was not a sofa. I went back to the counter and explained the situation; There was four of us and only 1 bed, and I asked if there were any rooms that I could upgrade to.

Elizabeth moved us to another room that better fit our needs without charging us any upgrade fees. It was a good start to our week long stay.

The beds are so comfortable. I don't know if it was the many miles we walked around DC or the bed... but I slept very well every night I was there. I always seem to miss my own bed when I am on vacation, but in this case I am missing the comfort inn bed now that I am home!

Room service was incredible. Everything was perfect when we returned from a day of sight seeing.

We only took advantage of the free breakfast twice, but it was above average. Hot sausage and eggs, juices, a waffle maker, muffins, and a few cereals to choose from. They always hand somebody watching the breakfast room to make sure everything was stocked, which sets them apart from other free breakfasts I have had in the past at hotels.

The offer free shuttle service, though we opted to drive to the metro that is only a half mile away. The metro charges $4.50 a day to park... but we only had to pay once during our stay because they leave the exit gates open during the evening rush our... otherwise the parking lot would be a mess for hours.

Also, I wanted to add that there is parking behind the hotel. We didn't realize this until a few days into our stay but it is good to know because front parking fills up quick during the evening hours.

The only negative is a lack of a pool. I'm reluctant to add that because it is of no fault of the staff, but it is something that families should be aware of before booking.

Thank you Camp Springs Country Inn for being a wonderful host during our vacation!

Room Tip: On the website for this hotel the "Extended Stay Suite" lists a sofa bed as a room feature...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
iranak, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Camp Springs (Andrews Air Force Base), MD, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

Thank you for your review! We are thrilled to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope to see you again soon.

Ranak Patel

Reviewed June 17, 2013

My Business Associate and I stayed at this Country Inn and Suites Property the Night of 10 May 2013. This Property had not yet seen its update in the new Carlson make-over--and it showed. The Front Desk Staff and Management of the Property were extremely attentive, professional and courteous. The two Queen Beds in the over-sized Suite were quite nice. If you are willing to drive approximately 4.2 miles, you can reach an excellent Outback Steak House for Dinner.

The Management was quick to respond to noise made across the Hallway--which is always a positive. The walls--prior to the update seem a little thin.

The Morning Breakfast was both fresh and inviting--and since it was a Week End--was surprising in terms of both selection of hot and cold dishes and quality.

The Office Computer just off the Lobby Area available to Guests was adequate. The overall condition of the Property is kept clean and neat.

Because of its proximity to major I-395 thoroughfare, you can get to major Tourist Venues, such as the Frederick Douglass Museum--as well as major Monuments in Lower N.W. D.C. in a short time--with the primary advantage here that you can save a minimum of $75.00 per night over a Hotel in Georgetown or on Pennsylvania Avenue, Northwest.

As is the case with Carlson Properties in general, this Property proved to be very safe for us. For those travelling either Nationally or Internationally, you can place that concern to rest at this Property...Enjoy!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your comments. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay!

Reviewed June 4, 2013

Our family really enjoyed this hotel for our vacation to Washington D.C. this summer. It's located farther out from the city center but was located near the Branch Ave. metro stop (Green Line) just five minutes away via the complimentary shuttle.The shuttle was THE BEST. It was easy & convenient and allowed us to save money on parking, gas, traffic time, and other costs we would have incurred in the city center. I would agree with the other posts though that is nothing much surrounding the hotel. All restaurants, stores, etc. seem to be about a 10-15 minute drive away-it's a little strange honestly. BUT, if your purpose of the trip is to tour DC everyday and enjoy your time there, the hotel and the area surrounding it is merely your (MUCH CHEAPER!) home base to lay down your head anyway. Overall, great hotel! Very friendly and helpful staff. Really good breakfast everyday. I would definitely recommend as a good, quality hotel with easy access to the Metro which will take you straight into the center of DC. Hope your stay was as good as ours with the Country Inn & Suites!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Erin G
iranak, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Camp Springs (Andrews Air Force Base), MD, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2013

Thanks for the awesome review. I'm really happy to hear you and your family had a good time on your vacation to the Washington DC area. We know you have many choices as far as hotels to stay in so I appreciate you staying with us!

Also for any guests flying into Washington DC please book your tickets at DCA-Reagan National Airport. You can take the metro straight from the airport to our hotel which is located near Branch Ave. Metro station to save yourself cab fares/ rental car costs.

Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

We stayed here during visit to D.C. Two adults, two kids. Queen beds! Nice, clean hotel with huge rooms. Thin walls - thought the guy above us was going to wall through the ceiling. Big breakfast. Nothing nearby. If you're not in a car, you'll need shuttle to subway station, restaurants, etc. We stayed on a weekend - took about 20 minutes by car to get to DC but would, obviously, take much longer during work week. Would probably stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Sorry to hear there was noise above your room, please let us know if you have any of those issues next time you stay so we we can address it at the time.

Also we do offer a shuttle to the National Harbor which has many shops, restaurants and activities. If you would like to go please let us know in advance so we can plan for the shuttle to take you there.

I'm happy to hear you will be back!!

Reviewed May 11, 2013

I travel a lot for work, so I've stayed in numerous hotels inside the U.S. and overseas. I've even lived in hotels for months (like, 3 months) at a time! This has been the very first time in 7 years that I've traveled & stayed at a hotel where I actually felt like I was at home! The staff was AMAZING! Absolutely accommodating & greeted me warmly everyday I came back to the hotel from work. I loved the cookies they had each evening, plus the hospitality! The breakfast is free and its decent but much better than what I was told from other hotels near the air force base. I stayed at the hotel for two weeks. I strongly recommend this hotel for business travel, not for vacation travel. I recommended this hotel to my co-workers because they are doing a follow up visit to the base. If you are looking for a nice place that is a mile from the DC metro, a mile from the main gate at Joint Base Andrews & GREAT staff, this is the place!!

Room Tip: There is no pool, so it's not a vacation spot kind of hotel. Free parking, shuttle is availabl...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Kimberly D, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Camp Springs (Andrews Air Force Base), MD, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed the hospitality that you experienced during your stay.
Here at the Country Inn & Suites we take pride in making our guests feel at home and I am delighted that you experienced just that.
We look forward to your next stay

Please friend us on Facebook to stay informed of our upcoming specials!

Reviewed May 5, 2013

Nice hotel, friendly staff, good size rooms, decent cooked breakfast. Also the price was very competitive. But there were problems: it's a fair trek to downtown DC by metro - about 25 mins + 10 minute walk to the station (or 5 mins via the courtesy shuttle bus). Also there's nothing else close by - no grocery shops / and only one restaurant (red lobster - which was incredibly busy). For a tourist it's a boring place - with little to do or see. But if you just want a "base" to stay - it'll do.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank tjones4

Thank you for the review. We appreciate the nice comment on the hotel!!

Unfortunately we do not have much within walking distance as there are primarily government buildings/ businesses in the area. However, within a couple of miles we have several restaurants, the National Harbor (our shuttle will take you there upon advanced request) within 5 miles where there are many shops, restaurants, activities and within 10 miles we have a Six Flags, the Fedex field where many events take place.

We hope you stay again and please let us know if you need any suggestions as to where to go.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

I made reservation for the family for a night just to get away for quiet time. It was for a suite with a sofa bed and a separate room. Upon arrival the young lady told me that they was over booked for that suite even after me making the reservation and the customer service lady even called to verify. The only thing they wanted to do is give me another suite with no discount with two beds or the other suite one bed with a kitchen and let me remind you that I booked for a family of four (myself, fiancée, and my 2 children). Even after I stated that I was still not satisfied they tried to book me at the other hotel that was off of central ave. which is not a family friendly hotel and give me $20 off. They never called me to tell me that the over booked and we know how high gas is. So, after leaving 495 near Laurel to go to the other end of 495 near Camp Springs and then travel back down 495 to go to New Carrollton. I ended up going to another hotel (Metro Point) where the service was the best!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
iranak, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Camp Springs (Andrews Air Force Base), MD, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2013

Hello,

I do sincerely apologize that we did not have the room type you needed, I understand that the other room types did not work for you and your family since you wanted privacy. The other Country Inn and Suites did have the one bedroom suite available so I thought they would better be able to accommodate you. I'm sorry that did not work out. I'm glad you found the room type you needed eventually.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Camp Springs
Hampton Inn & Suites Camp Springs/Andrews AFB
Holiday Inn Express Washington DC East - Andrews AFB
Woodspring Suites Washington DC Andrews AFB
Comfort Inn at Joint Base Andrews
TownePlace Suites Clinton by Marriott at Joint Base Andrews
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Washington, D.C. East - Capitol Heights, MD

Been to Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Camp Springs (Andrews Air Force Base), MD? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Camp Springs (Andrews Air Force Base), MD

Address: 4950 Mercedes Blvd, Camp Springs, MD 20746-4337
Location: United States > Maryland > Camp Springs
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Camp Springs
Price Range: $96 - $163 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Camp Springs (Andrews Air Force Base), MD 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Camp Springs (Andrews Air Force Base), MD reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Country Inn & Suites Andrews Air Force Base Hotel Camp Springs