Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Camp Springs (Andrews Air Force Base)
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Camp Springs
Upper Marlboro, Maryland
“I will never go back”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

I made reservation for the family for a night just to get away for quiet time. It was for a suite with a sofa bed and a separate room. Upon arrival the young lady told me that they was over booked for that suite even after me making the reservation and the customer service lady even called to verify. The only thing they wanted to do is give me another suite with no discount with two beds or the other suite one bed with a kitchen and let me remind you that I booked for a family of four (myself, fiancée, and my 2 children). Even after I stated that I was still not satisfied they tried to book me at the other hotel that was off of central ave. which is not a family friendly hotel and give me $20 off. They never called me to tell me that the over booked and we know how high gas is. So, after leaving 495 near Laurel to go to the other end of 495 near Camp Springs and then travel back down 495 to go to New Carrollton. I ended up going to another hotel (Metro Point) where the service was the best!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
iranak, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Camp Springs (Andrews Air Force Base), responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Hello,

I do sincerely apologize that we did not have the room type you needed, I understand that the other room types did not work for you and your family since you wanted privacy. The other Country Inn and Suites did have the one bedroom suite available so I thought they would better be able to accommodate you. I'm sorry that did not work out. I'm glad you found the room type you needed eventually.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Staten Island
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013

We wanted a good quality name-brand accommodations close to a Washington D.C. Metro station. Very clean rooms, comfortable beds, and very friendly and helpful staff. Fresh baked cookies were a nice touch, if you come in at the right time when they are there. Free hot breakfast was good quality, but it seemed that supplies kept running out faster than staff could replenish them. Breakfast area could have used additional seating. No pool. Small, very basic business center. Selection of tea, and coffee, was ok. This hotel was situated about .9 miles from the Branch St. Metro. You could walk there if you don't mind hiking. This hotel offers a free shuttle van service to drive you to the Metro station and to pick you up when you return. You just call when you're ready. Free parking on hotel site. Free fitness center.
Negatives: No pool. No curb cut for wheeling luggage into entrance (what architect forgot about that?!!!) Selection of tea, quantity and quality of food was good, but I have been spoiled by some clearly superior Country Inn & Suites like the one in Oneonta, New York, or Queensbury, New York.

Room Tip: Country Inn allows you to opt for an upgrade to a suite for approximately $6 more, if it is availabl...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
iranak, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Camp Springs (Andrews Air Force Base), responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Thank you for your review. I will make sure to schedule extra help during breakfast hours on busy days so we can get food restocked quicker. Unfortunately the county did not allow for a swimming pool at the time the hotel was built. We are working on partnering with places in the nearby area with pools. We hope to see you again.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013

After visiting two hotels previous to this one, being welcomed by a cheerful staff and warm cookies was like hitting the lottery. Truly a diamond in the ruff, this hotel has it all. Laundry, free breakfast, clean rooms and anything you could really need apart from a pool. The area felt safe and is within walking distance to the Metro, however if you don't feel like walking there is a van that will drop you off. If My fiance and I are ever in the area we will always stay here. Even though there were busses of kids of coming and going to the hotel it was very quiet and clean.
The only thing I could complain about was the internet. As a student the wifi was a little bit sketchy during some hours.

Room Tip: Can't complain about a single room! Everything was great, even the continental breakfast which w...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
iranak, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Camp Springs (Andrews Air Force Base), responded to this review, March 25, 2013
We really appreciate your review, it really makes a difference to the staff and our business!
I'm glad you enjoyed your stay, we can't wait to see you again.

We have recently upgraded our bandwidth on our internet services to 26 mgs, so if there are any issues next time, please let us know so our tech support team will be able to troubleshoot.

Thanks again for staying with us!!
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

If you are looking for a hotel that is clean, has a friendly staff and convenient to 95 North and South and Branch Ave (5) this is the place to be.We were greeted by the vivacious and friendly Alice when we checked in. Excellent customer service is always a key element for us and Alice did not disappoint. She is awesome!
This is an older property in terms of style, but our first floor room with a king sized bed was cozy and clean. It contained a microwave and a refrigerator as well as a flat screen TV. Our room was non-smoking.Some of the smoking rooms were on the first floor, but on the opposite side. We never smelled any smoke in the hallway, which was an initial concern for me.
Unfortunately, we missed the breakfast buffet. there is no where that one can walk to get a meal, but a less than 10 minute drive on Branch Avenue gives access to shopping centers and restaurants.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
iranak, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Camp Springs (Andrews Air Force Base), responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Thank you for the nice description of our hotel. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and we have plenty of restaurant suggestions at the front desk for your stay next time.

Hope to see you soon!
Montgomery, Alabama
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013

There is nothing close to the hotel, eat or shop. No Starbucks within 7 miles. The price with amenities included are not worth it. I have stayed in country inns & suites a few times before and loved the stay but this one I don't suggest.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review.

As we are located around businesses and government buildings, unfortunately we do not have entertainment in the immediate walking area. However, our closest Starbucks ( in Clinton, Md) and movie theatre is two miles away. We also have numerous restaurants within 2-5 miles, the Branch Ave. metro station is two blocks away which will give you access to Washington DC and other areas in Virginia and Maryland.

We are also a few short miles from Rosecroft Raceway, Six Flags America, and the FedEx Stadium.

We hope that you return and feel free to ask the front desk about where everything is located.
New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

First let's start with saying....This hotel is a perfect place to stay if you would like to sightsee DC for a great price... also being close to the metro is useful!!!

In my case we had booked for a sports event in Maryland for the 3 day weekend, but again a perfect place for a group to stay as well.

Dell and Alice were awesome!!!! planning the group event went very smoothly, and Dell was accommodating to what we needed. He was professional as well as personable, and really understood the needs of a sports group. (Thanks Dell!)

The rooms were the usual Country Inn standards..

The hotel didn't have a indoor pool but, after 12 hours of games...the team and parents just wanted a good meal and a little rest and relaxation (Usually we try to book with hotels that have indoor pools).
Note that there are no places to eat in walking distance but 2-3 miles away is a mall and zillions of places to eat and shop!

The breakfast was good (hot and cold buffet).

The "one technical foul" came when one of the coaches who had a player that needed a refrigerator for medical needs requested a replacement.. The coach asked the front desk to please send up another refrigerator.....unfortunately, after 3 days ( and the medication on ice in a cooler) the problem was never resolved.

As mentioned earlier...the price was right and the service was good, besides that one event that could have been a major problem if the student athlete didn't use his resources- by icing the medication.
A little surprised about the lack of response from the front desk personnel, as Dell and Alice were awesome.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank OurTripTip4U
Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay, I will share the review with our staff as it really motivates them to do well.

I'd like to apologize about the lack of an extra refrigerator. I will talk to our staff about making sure we find refrigeration space for important things like medicine in the future.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2012

On 11/18/2012, I went to the hotel to inquire about availability and rates. Employees Alicia and Elizabeth were working at the front desk. I was not greeted when I approached the desk. I had to interrupt their conversation to ask my question. They were unprofessional and more interested in getting back to their personal conversation than assisting me. Elizabeth was worse. She was not friendly nor courteous. Her customer service skills were horrible. Both of them need to be retrained.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
iranak, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Camp Springs (Andrews Air Force Base), responded to this review, November 26, 2012
I'm sorry to hear that you were not given proper attention upon your arrival. I'm surprised as this is not typical behavior. I have addressed the issue with our front desk staff.

Elizabeth relayed to me that due to the changing of shifts they had to discuss urgent work matters before Alice left. They now know to try their best to attend to work matters after taking care of the guest needs first.

I hope that your initial encounter does not deter you from staying with us in the future as we do take customer service seriously.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Camp Springs
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#5 of 9 in Camp Springs
Sleep Inn & Suites Upper Marlboro near Andrews AFB

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Camp Springs (Andrews Air Force Base)? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Camp Springs (Andrews Air Force Base)

Property: Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Camp Springs (Andrews Air Force Base)
Address: 4950 Mercedes Blvd, Camp Springs, MD 20746-4337
Location: United States > Maryland > Camp Springs
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Camp Springs
Hotel Class:3 star — Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Camp Springs (Andrews Air Force Base) 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Travelocity so you can book your Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Camp Springs (Andrews Air Force Base) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Country Inn And Suites Andrews Air Force Base