All reviewsmetro stationfree shuttleshuttle servicegreen linedc areacookiesstaff was friendlyeggsvery nice hotelfree breakfastnational harboron demandwould definitely stay here againhalf hourbeds were comfortableup to datenice stay
Reviewed October 26, 2012

I will just affirm the very positive reviews of this hotel.
A co-worker and I attended a conference at a downtown DC hotel on October 16-17. The room rate there was over $300/night, so I set myself a goal to find a highly-rated hotel close to a Metro station outside of DC, and found Country Inn & Suites in Camp Springs, MD for about $135/night.
As a bonus, they offer a free shuttle to the Metro station (Branch Av) that runs every half hour when they are busy, or on-demand when they aren't, I think from 7 AM to 9 PM. They will pick you up at the Branch Av Metro station, on demand, when you call from the station.
Because our schedule was fairly predictable, planning our "commute" from this hotel to the conference hotel was simple. Also, we flew in to DCA (Reagan Washington National Airport), which has the Metro adjacent to Terminal B, so getting from the airport to the hotel was painless and cheap. Public transportation in the Washington, DC metropolitan area is one of the best systems in the country. I spent $32 for all my transportation needs - airport to hotel, hotel to conference, sightseeing - the entire 3-night, 4-day trip.
But I'm talking a lot about the Metro. Let me talk about the hotel.
The hotel is clean, my room was clean and comfortable, the staff is friendly and eager to help. The free breakfast buffet including hot items (waffles, sausage or bacon, eggs, potatoes or biscuits/gravy) was satisfying and about as good as a hotel breakfast buffet can be (it's not home cooking but the quality was just fine, and trust me, I'm a foodie and I'd complain if it was inedible... just set your expectations accordingly).
Will stay here again without hesitation. My co-worker and I saved our company $1,000 just by staying at this hotel instead of the conference hotel, and we were not inconvenienced by it one bit! My compliments to the staff and management of this Country Inn & Suites.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank baldwin0
iranak, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Camp Springs (Andrews Air Force Base), MD, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

Thank you for writing such a detailed review. This information will be very helpful to others traveling from DCA just like you.

I'm very happy to hear you had a positive experience at our hotel. We look forward to seeing you again!!

Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

We are an Australian family of three travelling in the USA and have been booking our accommodation on line. We loved our stay and in particular loved Alice. She was so bright and cheery and always happy to help.Would highly recommend staying here

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank bowenklster
iranak, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Camp Springs (Andrews Air Force Base), MD, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2012

We really appreciate you recognizing the efforts of our staff. We will bring up this nice comment in our next meeting!

Thank you again, please come visit again!

Reviewed September 21, 2012

We decided at nearly the last minute to take our son to DC - we were unsure of the room that was available with our AAA discount so my husband called - he spoke with "Alice" and she was one of the nicest, friendliest, most helpful person you could imagine. When we arrived she was on duty and it was so nice to put a name with a face. In person, she was even friendlier. The hotel lobby was very nicely decorated, clean and ALL the staff was pleasant and SO HELPFUL. We were going to take the metro which was 2 blocks away and figured we would walk - they were more than willing to shuttle there and back. Breakfast was HOT AND GOOD!!! Very clean and WELL PRESENTED. I really liked the way the foods were already out of a container and ready for your bowl or plate instead of standing in line for a microwave. I will DEFINITELY STAY HERE AGAIN. The price of the hotel was UNBEATABLE !! Only drawback was no restaurants within walking distance but no doubt if the shuttle is available, they will get you there and back.

Room Tip: We had a king suite with a pullout couch - very spacious and comfy
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank KIM P

Hello Ms. Kim,

We love that you enjoyed your stay! I'm happy to hear your trip to this area was enjoyable. I will surely share the nice things you said about Alice in our next meeting :)

See you soon!

Reviewed August 29, 2012

Country Inn and Suites is a great find when seeking affordable lodging in the DC neighborhood. Located a quick 25 minute metro ride from the Washington Mall, Country Inn and Suites borders Andrews Air Force Base in a relatively quiet neighborhood. The hotel staff was courteous and helpful, offered a generous supply of homebaked cookies to perk up weary travellers, and provided a complimentary shuttle service to the Green Line metro station, only a mile away. Compared to typically inflated DC hotel rates, our sub $100/night room rate was a real bargain. For that price we received top notch amenities, a room that was comfortable, and an outstanding hot breakfast which featured eggs, breakfast meats, hot oatmeal, cereals, fresh fruit, and breakfast pastries. We will definitely return to the Country Inn and Suites on our next trip to DC.

Room Tip: It is advisable to make dinner and lunch plans outside of the hotel's area as there is not much of anything in the immediate neighborhood except the hotel, the metro station, and the air force base. Keep a lookout for the president and Air Force One!
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Susan J

I'm happy to hear you found our hotel to be of good value. Its important to us to build guest loyalty, so thank you for keeping us in mind for your next stay!

Reviewed August 28, 2012

We travelled here after staying in Memphis and New York, stayed at this hotel for 4 nights. Location good ,shuttle service brilliant, breakfast plentyful. Found the staff very helpful and extremely friendly, would definitely stay here again. Rooms very clean.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank jane378
iranak, Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Camp Springs (Andrews Air Force Base), MD, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2012

Hello Ms. Jane,

Thank you so much for your kind review. I'm very happy that you enjoyed your stay. I will pass on the message to my staff who work hard to up keep the hotel.

Ranak Patel