Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Camp Springs (Andrews Air Force Base), MD
$93
SleepInn
$199
$195
All reviewsmetro stationfree shuttlegreen lineshuttle servicedc areacookieseggsstaff was friendlywaffle makerfree breakfastvery nice hotelnational harboron demandred lobsterhalf hourbranch avenueup to date
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 21, 2012

We decided at nearly the last minute to take our son to DC - we were unsure of the room that was available with our AAA discount so my husband called - he spoke with "Alice" and she was one of the nicest, friendliest, most helpful person you could imagine. When we arrived she was on duty and it was so nice to put a name with a face. In person, she was even friendlier. The hotel lobby was very nicely decorated, clean and ALL the staff was pleasant and SO HELPFUL. We were going to take the metro which was 2 blocks away and figured we would walk - they were more than willing to shuttle there and back. Breakfast was HOT AND GOOD!!! Very clean and WELL PRESENTED. I really liked the way the foods were already out of a container and ready for your bowl or plate instead of standing in line for a microwave. I will DEFINITELY STAY HERE AGAIN. The price of the hotel was UNBEATABLE !! Only drawback was no restaurants within walking distance but no doubt if the shuttle is available, they will get you there and back.

Room Tip: We had a king suite with a pullout couch - very spacious and comfy
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank KIM P
iranak, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Camp Springs (Andrews Air Force Base), MD, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2012

Hello Ms. Kim,

We love that you enjoyed your stay! I'm happy to hear your trip to this area was enjoyable. I will surely share the nice things you said about Alice in our next meeting :)

See you soon!

Reviewed August 29, 2012

Country Inn and Suites is a great find when seeking affordable lodging in the DC neighborhood. Located a quick 25 minute metro ride from the Washington Mall, Country Inn and Suites borders Andrews Air Force Base in a relatively quiet neighborhood. The hotel staff was courteous and helpful, offered a generous supply of homebaked cookies to perk up weary travellers, and provided a complimentary shuttle service to the Green Line metro station, only a mile away. Compared to typically inflated DC hotel rates, our sub $100/night room rate was a real bargain. For that price we received top notch amenities, a room that was comfortable, and an outstanding hot breakfast which featured eggs, breakfast meats, hot oatmeal, cereals, fresh fruit, and breakfast pastries. We will definitely return to the Country Inn and Suites on our next trip to DC.

Room Tip: It is advisable to make dinner and lunch plans outside of the hotel's area as there is not much of anything in the immediate neighborhood except the hotel, the metro station, and the air force base. Keep a lookout for the president and Air Force One!
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Susan J

I'm happy to hear you found our hotel to be of good value. Its important to us to build guest loyalty, so thank you for keeping us in mind for your next stay!

Reviewed August 28, 2012

We travelled here after staying in Memphis and New York, stayed at this hotel for 4 nights. Location good ,shuttle service brilliant, breakfast plentyful. Found the staff very helpful and extremely friendly, would definitely stay here again. Rooms very clean.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank jane378
iranak, Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Camp Springs (Andrews Air Force Base), MD, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2012

Hello Ms. Jane,

Thank you so much for your kind review. I'm very happy that you enjoyed your stay. I will pass on the message to my staff who work hard to up keep the hotel.

Ranak Patel

Reviewed August 14, 2012

Pulled over after a 10 hour drive and found this hotel. Amazing and courteous staff, beautiful room, lots of Military Personnel to thank for service, and a great breakfast before hitting the road again in the morning! Oh and did I mention good price?

Will be attending a Redskins game later this year and will definitely stay here!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Reyrey59
iranak, Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Camp Springs (Andrews Air Force Base), MD, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2012

Thank you so much! We look forward to seeing you soon!

Reviewed August 10, 2012

Great location for a family traveling in to DC each day. access to the metro was great. The shuttle van took us to the nearby metro station each morning and picked us up each evening. One day I realized I had forgotten my passes for congress after we were already in DC. I zipped back on the metro and they picked me up at the metro station, waited for me at the hotel while I ran up to the room and then took me right back to the metro station. It was all very convenient and easy. The rooms were clean, beds were comfortable and room size was good. Continental breakfast was basic but good. Many days they had cookies at the desk when we returned from out day in the city. This was a nice treat. If your main focus is going into DC to sightsee each day, this is a great location. As prices go in DC, it was a good value.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Ranger000

Thank you for your kind words. We look forward to seeing you at the hotel again :)