All reviewsmetro stationfree shuttleshuttle servicegreen linedc areacookiesstaff was friendlyeggsvery nice hotelfree breakfastnational harboron demandwould definitely stay here againhalf hourbeds were comfortableup to datenice stay
Reviewed August 28, 2012

We travelled here after staying in Memphis and New York, stayed at this hotel for 4 nights. Location good ,shuttle service brilliant, breakfast plentyful. Found the staff very helpful and extremely friendly, would definitely stay here again. Rooms very clean.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank jane378
iranak, Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Camp Springs (Andrews Air Force Base), MD, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2012

Hello Ms. Jane,

Thank you so much for your kind review. I'm very happy that you enjoyed your stay. I will pass on the message to my staff who work hard to up keep the hotel.

Ranak Patel

Reviewed August 14, 2012

Pulled over after a 10 hour drive and found this hotel. Amazing and courteous staff, beautiful room, lots of Military Personnel to thank for service, and a great breakfast before hitting the road again in the morning! Oh and did I mention good price?

Will be attending a Redskins game later this year and will definitely stay here!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Reyrey59
iranak, Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Camp Springs (Andrews Air Force Base), MD, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2012

Thank you so much! We look forward to seeing you soon!

Reviewed August 10, 2012

Great location for a family traveling in to DC each day. access to the metro was great. The shuttle van took us to the nearby metro station each morning and picked us up each evening. One day I realized I had forgotten my passes for congress after we were already in DC. I zipped back on the metro and they picked me up at the metro station, waited for me at the hotel while I ran up to the room and then took me right back to the metro station. It was all very convenient and easy. The rooms were clean, beds were comfortable and room size was good. Continental breakfast was basic but good. Many days they had cookies at the desk when we returned from out day in the city. This was a nice treat. If your main focus is going into DC to sightsee each day, this is a great location. As prices go in DC, it was a good value.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Ranger000

Thank you for your kind words. We look forward to seeing you at the hotel again :)

Reviewed July 26, 2012

We've stayed at a few of the Country Inn and Suites in the eastern area of the U.S. and while they seem to have a somewhat consistent "look and feel" to them, the service levels and general maintenance of the properties tend to vary quite a bit. However, on a recent trip to the D.C. area we stayed for 10 days at this Country Inn and Suites in Camp Springs/Suitland, MD, and realy enjoyed our stay there. It is conveniently located at the end of the Green Line of the D.C. Metro Train (Branch Street Station) and it is just a 10 minute walk or they will give you a free shuttle van ride to the station. My wife was attending a conference at the Gaylord Convention Center about 10 minutes drive from the hotel and they give free shuttle rides there, too. We were in D.C. during the extremely hot (104 degrees) summer weather and we were very happy to have a high capacity air conditioner in the room that wasn't noisy at all (mostly just the sound of the blowing air). The room was large, was in great condition, and well appointed with a microwave and refrigerator and coffee maker. The king-size bed was high quality and comfortable. They include free cooked breakfast that varied each day with different types of eggs, sausage, waffles or french toast (depending on the day) and lots of other choices for breakfast. They also have a nice business center and workout room as well as free USA Today papers and freshly baked Otis Spunkmeyer cookies in the evening. We even enjoyed the several rocking chairs on the covered porch area outside of the entry area. They are located just a block away from the Capitol Beltway, but we never heard any traffic noise in our room at all. The staff got to know us by name and greeted us warmly whenever we returned from our day which just added to the comfort of our stay.

The only things we wished for this hotel were 1) there is no swimming pool or spa there, and 2) the breakfast area was of good size, but tended to get crowded and full during the peak times. However, they didn't seem to mind if I took my breakfast up to my room to enjoy. There are not really any restaurants or major stores within short walking distance except for a gas station mini-mart about a 1/2 block away, so you'll need to either have a car or use their shuttle van to get to places, but they have a good-sized free parking lot and we never had problems getting a convenient spot.

We were there during the peak of summer season and there were many large groups staying there during our stay, but I would guess it is less busy most of the year. We booked several months ahead and were able to get a rate of an average of about $110/night. This was, by far, the best deal for anywhere near that area for a place as nice as this. So, for their professional, friendly and efficient service, the overall well-maintained and clean condition of the property, the many amenities they offer AND the value pricing, we recommend this property for anyone visiting the D.C. area or attending events at the Gaylord Convention Center or perhaps at Andrews AFB which is nearby.

Room Tip: The hotel had four floors and both stairs and an elevator. The floor plan keep all of the rooms away from the noisy areas and things like icemakers and elevators, so pretty much any room is good.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Steven M
iranak, Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Camp Springs (Andrews Air Force Base), MD, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2012

Thankyou for the very detailed review. You did a great job describing our property for other readers. I'm happy to see that you had a nice stay and appreciate you taking the time to voice that. We hope to see you again soon :)

Reviewed July 17, 2012

Picked this place based on price and location to the Metro. From the moment we walked in the staff was awesome. They allowed an early check in which was great in getting ready for our vist to DC. Short walk to metro then 20 min ride and we were in the heart of the National Mall.
Room was very clean, common areas and grounds well maintained, the continental breakfast was one of the best I have ever seen. I will stay only here on my next visit to DC. There is a Red Lobster 3 min away by car.

Room Tip: Any place in the hotel will be a good choice.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank AlanDW0918

Thank you for the rating! Our guests ratings really make a difference. Hope to see you soon!