See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed April 16, 2018 via mobile

Wow! I’ve been a budget traveler around many parts of the world and I usually don’t write any reviews regarding anything but this motel was something different.

Me and my girlfriend went to Washington DC and didn’t have any accommodations so we just checked google for a place and booked and paid this motel without really checking any reviews since we were just going to sleep there..

The first thing you notice when you enter the reception is the smell and the fact that the receptionists are behind a bullet proof glass. Even though our room was a non smoking room the smell inside was horrible. The room itself as well as the whole place felt extremely run down.

But the worst part was the people staying there, prostitution was going on next door to us and probably some drug business as well.. All these people made us feel quite unsafe. The police was there checking out the place as well as security with a sniffer dog..

All in all I cannot give anything but the lowest rating to this place. It made us both realizing that we in the future can afford to pay a bit extra or at least to read reviews online before deciding on where to stay. If you’re on a budget it’s better to just sleep in your car than staying at this place.

The good things about this place is that we are still alive and our car wasn’t destroyed and we didn’t get any diseases what we know about yet..

However, if you are looking to enter the drug business, hire a hit man or want to see some real ghetto life The Wire style, I can highly recommend this place for you. As a The Wire fan myself it was fun to hear the receptionist saying “sheeeit” and interesting to see the whole cycle with players and police in front of you.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
6Team, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 Washington DC SE - Camp Springs, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2018

Adam, Thank you for taking the time to post your review. It is important for all of our guests to feel welcomed, receive the highest level of service, respect, and hospitality. We apologize for your unpleasant stay as a result of the concerns you describe. Safety and security are top priorities within Motel 6 standards for quality and we regret you felt differently during your visit. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your stay to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed December 6, 2017

I had my worst hotel experience ever here - the "clean" sheets when we arrived were full of bodily fluids (obviously, they had not been cleaned). Thankfully, the manager changed the sheets before we went to bed (and we arrived about 6 p.m.). Ugh. Shower was also scary-looking. Would not recommend.

Date of stay: June 2017
Reviewed August 13, 2017

If I could give this a zero out of five, I would. Beds were uncomfortable. Bedspread had cigarette burns in them. Staff seemed to not care and that we were a bother to them both at check in and check out. Hello, if it were not for us (guests), you would not have a job. Clean up yall's act.

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
6Team, Brand Experience Team at Motel 6 Washington DC SE - Camp Springs, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2017

Dear Chris, Thank you for sharing your review. We are committed to delivering a clean, comfortable room and apologize for any failure in following through on that commitment during your recent stay. The customer service issues you describe are atypical to Motel 6 standards for quality, and we are sorry you experienced less than satisfying service during your visit. We invite you to contact our Guest Relations Department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed May 20, 2017 via mobile

Now let me start this by saying that when purchasing a room at a Motel 6, you can't expect much. This particular one however was less than subpar. There was hair not belonging to us in the shower when we arrived, no blanket on the beds, very small pillows, and the towels were miniature. The room next to us was up until 4am shouting and partying. Not the safest environment either. Just take caution and lock your car and request to not have the room cleaned while you're out just in case.

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Traveled with friends

Dear Morgan, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are committed to delivering a clean, comfortable room and apologize for any failure in delivering on the commitment during your recent stay. We strive to provide a comfortable night's rest, and are disappointed your visit was unsatisfactory due to the noise concerns you describe. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations Department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your stay to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed January 23, 2017

I stayed at the Motel 6 in Camp Springs, MD on Allentown Rd in room 277 this past weekend (January 20-22) with two of my friends. The service was the worst I have ever experienced and I travel quite a bit all over the world. We had reserved a room for 3 people and just after we checked into our room we noticed that the room only had 2 towels. We were leaving to go into the city early the next day so I went down (the phone in the room didn't work) to request a towel. The gentleman working the front desk told me that he had no access to towels and the manager wouldn't be in until 9am (we were leaving by 8). He said he would contact the manager via and bring us a towel. The next morning we still didn't have enough towels, so I went down to the front desk and asked the same man from the night before if he was able to reach his manager. He said no and the woman sitting at the computer started shouting that there was no way that we could get an extra towel until after 10am when the housekeeping staff came in. She repeatedly interrupted me when I was trying to ask if they would just put an extra towel in the room when they clean it and one of us would just dry off with a washcloth that morning. When I finally was able to finish my sentence she said yes. 10 minutes later the man from the desk came up with a towel (no idea how he managed to get this or why it was so much work). We made reservations for 3 people, the room should have been set up to accommodate 3 people, we shouldn't have had to go through all of this nonsense and the front desk staff shouldn't have been so rude.

When we returned to our room at 9 that night, the room had not been cleaned.

There was a slit in both the sheet of the bed and the mattress itself (all the way to the center so it clearly wasn't an accident) it looked like someone cut it open to hide something. The room smelled awful and had burns in the sheets. The bathroom was gross.

The staff at this location is in some serious need of customer service training.

Room tip: Don't go to this hotel.
Date of stay: January 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends

Dear Can See Canada, Thank you for sharing your review. We are committed to delivering a clean, comfortable room and apologize for any failure in following through on that commitment during your recent stay. The customer service issues you describe are atypical to Motel 6 standards for quality, and we are sorry you experienced less than satisfying service during your visit. We invite you to contact our Guest Relations Department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.