“This hotel is the epitome of customer service” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Express Washington DC East - Andrews AFB

Holiday Inn Express Washington DC East - Andrews AFB
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Camp Springs
Hanover, Pennsylvania
“This hotel is the epitome of customer service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2014

The continental breakfast was amazing. I have stayed a numerous hotels before and this hotels breakfast out beat any breakfast by other hotels. They had a awesome variety...cinnamon rolls that were delicious and sausage gravy (restaurant quality) with biscuits is just the tip of the ice berg and it was complimentary. Not only was the breakfast delicious but Theresea the breakfast women was amazing with our children. She would talk and joke around with them and it came to the point where my five year old daughter would look for her to talk to her. The general manager Melanie Myers was dedicated to providing my family the best possible experience. There was an issue with the pool where it temporarily had to be shut down but Melanie knowing how bad my kids wanted to swim in the pool kept our family personally update on the status of the pool herself. As manager I know she probably had a ton of work to do but she personally would let us know the progress of the pool maintenance herself. That meant a lot especially to our children who were anxious to go swimming. Also when asked about places to go Melanie not only offered great places to eat but also a complimentary shuttle service! Not too many hotels I know that do that. Every time you passed an employee in the hallway they were always smiling and greeted you. All around the experience was amazing and I will be sure the next time I go to visit I will be staying here at this hotel. Exceptional quality, customer service, and hospitality.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Cmom89

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Richmond, Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2014

Lt me just say this has been the worst vacation experience in my life. On 06/14/2014 we checked into the hotel the manager left us standing there and would not acknowledge us until he finished his long phone call. I should have just went with my gut and left then. Well that night we where in bed and kept feeling something bite us and for while I thought it was just me so I never said anything until I say the bedbug run across my pillow. So it was taken to the desk and they moved us to a new room. In that room we still felt something biting us.So there was no sleep that night. When we checked out they said the money was refunded to the card. When we got into the parking lot to the car we found that our vehicle had been broken into. The passenger window was broken and they ransacked the car tore the deck out and broke ac controls. Blood was on the dashboard,the took stuff of the console and glove Compartment. Not only did they break in to our car but too other cars as well. The crazy thing is there was security on the premises along with cameras which we was park right in front of. The same manager never apologized about the bed bugs or the car break in. When I went in to talk about this situation he acted like he didn't care what so ever. Then there was a group of people in the lobby also talking about how they were bit by bed bugs in their room too and it was children with them too. I made a complaint with guest relations who was supposed to call me back in 48 hrs but they never did. I called the general manager she didn't answer. They still took the money even though they said they didn't. My vacation was cut short because we had to leave to drive more than 130 miles back home with a busted out window blood on dash board and itching from the bed bugs.

• Stayed June 2014
6 Thank shouchens
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Washington DC East - Andrews AFB, responded to this review, July 5, 2014
Dear shouchens,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for writing a review. It is unfortunate that you were not 100% satisfied with your stay. We would like to follow up with you, which is why I have sent you a private message in an effort to obtain more information about your experience.

We hope to hear from you very soon.

Kind Regards,

Tracy V.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Winston Salem, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2014

Holiday Inn Express Camp Springs, MD
I stayed in room 529 a double queen bedded room.

PRO’S

• Outdoor pool
• 32” flatscreen TV is now commonplace
• Has micro/fridge
• Bathroom while small looks fresh/current with 2 tiered vanity
• Tile floors in bath
• Room has had some updating to look current
• Near Andrews AFB
• Decent internet speed and connection

CON’s

• Pool faces expressway
• Small work desk with ONLY ONE electrical outlet to power electronics
• Mediocre chair is not designed for extended sessions on laptop
• Walls in hallway finished poorly
• Constant moderate highway noise. Noise may be reduced on opposite side of building?
I left fan running on high all night to negate the sound. Worked for me.
• Small bath vanity leaves little room for toiletries despite being double tiered

The breakfast area was small and crowded. I took my food to the room. They had some hot food choices, cereal, yogurt, breads, pancake maker, etc.

Overall I would give this property an 88/100 and a 90/100 for value. It’s a good property at a good price. The highway noise got old after a while, but it would be fine for 1-2 nights.

I would consider staying here in the future. I might consider staying at the Country Inn and Suites or Hampton Inn across the road next time, they also looked good and are not so close to the highway

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank YepBeenThere
Melanie M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Washington DC East - Andrews AFB, responded to this review, June 8, 2014
Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Express, Washington, DC East. I am excited that you listed all of the “PRO’S” that we offer! We also take great pride in our customer service, and the cleanliness of our hotel. I am sorry to hear that you experienced outside noise, I know how important it is to have a good night sleep. If you had mentioned the noise to one of our guest service associates they would have been more than happy to move your room to a quieter area of the hotel. We offer a hot breakfast that everyone loves! I apologize there was no one to direct you to our large meeting room where we have additional tables set up for our guests to enjoy their breakfast. I look forward to your return visit!

Hospitality Yours,
M. Myers
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2014

You know it is unusual to find a hotel where people actual care. I arrived at Holiday Inn Express and realized that i was at the wrong hotel, not even the same company, i was supposed to be meeting my fiance at Days Inn. They answered ask my questions and then have me a ride to the right hotel for free in their shuttle. Any other hotel would have so to bad so sad but they didn't. They even offered me yea and cookies, and them helping me when u had no other way means so much. All of the people working at this Holiday Inn were amazingly nice, down to earth, and overall pleasant and helpful. Thank u Holiday Inn for caring!

• Stayed June 2014
San Francisco, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2014

I booked two rooms for me and my family , When we arrived their was no one at the desk , And when they did appear they did not seem very interested in assisting us with check-in. Once we were checked in we were checked into occupied rooms and when we came don to desk and explained what had happened , we were met with a blank stare. Once they finally situated us in our rooms , the chaos really began , we had one issue after the other toilet was broke , rooms smelled like mildew and maintenance seemed no existent in this place. They had a large group of kids there , who were loud , slamming doors and running up down the halls . We called down and complained to the desk clerk who stated their was nothing he could do I asked for his name and he hung up!!!, Breakfast was a nightmare they ran out of food, their was no manager present initially, I only asked to speak to someone for 45 minutes, Finally a women appeared who identified herself as the Sales person, While she could not change the many challenges we faced she was the only one in this Awful hotel who took the time to apologize. Needless to say she give us her business card , along with the card for the General Manager whom I called repeatedly for days. It seems as though Ms. Meyers is to busy to reach out to her guests. If I can say anything good about this hotel it would be your Sales Director Denetra is a Class ACT!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Gogettergirl2010
I am so sorry to hear of your experience at the Holiday Inn Express. I was away from the property on a business trip. While I was away, the Director Of Sales took care of our guests and I apologize I did not receive a message that you called. Please reach out to me I would like to discuss your stay with you at your convenience.

Hospitality Yours,

M.Myers
Biloela, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2014

We had the best experience at this hotel! Every single staff member was fantastic. They couldn't do enough for us - from reception to courtesy bus drivers! They were helpful, friendly, respectful. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The courtesy bus was great for getting to metro or restaurants to save us having to find our way around. It was the service received from staff that made this place outstanding!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Ripon, California, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2014

We had a fantastic time at this hotel! The staff was very helpful and made every attempt to make us feel at home during our stay. It is very close to restaurants and the metro which they will gladly give you a ride to catch. The security guard, a woman, (didn't catch her name) helped us to read the metro map and coached us newbies in the art of not getting lost in the madness. Our metro van bus driver, once again we don't remember his name, was just FANTASTIC and personable. HOWEVER, an overcharge on our bill of over $200, and a dispute over these charges resulting in a six month argument to receive my credit, (which was given to another guest at the time), leaves me with no choice but to give the hotel a lower rating. The hotel staff itself: our driver, security guard, housekeeping all deserve a rating of five. The front desk and manager not so much.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Amy J
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Washington DC East - Andrews AFB, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
Dear Amy J,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate billing confusion prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Ben J
Case Manager
IHGCare
Also consider these accommodations in or near Camp Springs
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Camp Springs (Andrews Air Force Base)
Hampton Inn & Suites Camp Springs/Andrews AFB
Comfort Inn at Joint Base Andrews
Harborside Hotel
Harborside Hotel
#3 of 4 in Oxon Hill
Red Roof PLUS+ Washington DC - Oxon Hill
Super 8 Camp Springs/Andrews AFB DC Area

Been to Holiday Inn Express Washington DC East - Andrews AFB? Share your experiences!