Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Golf Resort, Spa & Marina
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Oxford Inn(Oxford)
2,509 results
All reviewsindoor poolwaters edgewater viewblue pointmini golfchesapeake bayair hockeychoptank riverbeach volleyballping pongeastern shorebeautiful propertyfire pithot tublong weekendromantic getawayoutdoor activities
Reviewed June 24, 2006

Huge (400 room) fancy hotel just off a relatively busy Rte 50 opposite Wamart, this place gives you an isolated feel. It is on the Choptank River very close to the Chesapeake Bay in the middle of "crabland", ie you can eat crabs, crabs crabs anywhere near here. It has a nice but not spectacular golf course, very poor swimming access but 2 nice pools, indoor and outdoor, rooms that have balconies overlooking the river that are about 2 feet wide grates about 5 feet long, and a breakfast area that is far too small for the number of guests, so be prepared to wait if it is at all busy.
It is also very expensive and they failed to credit our prepayment, ie they appear quite disorganized (hope we get credit!).
For this kind of money one must be able to do better!

1  Thank RBlack230
Reviewed June 22, 2006

Stayed June 16 - 18th My husband and I met another couple at the Hyatt for a long weekend. The girls spa'd and the guys golf'd. We booked the golf package with 1 round of golf per day. Water view room around $300. The rooms are nicely appointed and comfortable, but I wouldn't recommend you spend the extra money for a water view room. The grounds are beautiful so the ground views are just as nice as a water view. The deck on the room is just a small walk-out, but you can't sit and relax. If you like sitting out at night - reserve a ground level room with patio - table and chairs provided.

Food is okay and is resort priced. No upscale resturants in the area, but nice mom and pop places and a few chain's. If you want to save a few bucks on food - leave the resort. If you forget to pack anything - Wal Mart directly across the street from the entrance to the resort. Recommend you buy water at Wal Mart. Each room has a refrigerator - comes in handy for cold water at the pool or at the golf course.

Golf - husband said the course was very nice, but tight. And the club seemed to overbook. Because this is a corporate resort - lots of slow play. They accommodate late golfers and it just slowed the course. 1 round took 6 hours on Friday and Saturday.

Exercise - gym is okay. Recommend you get up early to do the 2.6 mile walking trail through the resort. Good workout and enjoyable.

Spa - adequate, but nothing spectacular. Towels not soft and small (and I'm not big), but tall - bring your swimsuit for the sauna. Steam room wasn't working during my visit.

Hot Stone - very good if you can handle the heat, but if you don't think you would like hot stone - please do not spend the money on this massage. You will be disappointed. It is also not a very relaxful massage - recommend a swedish.

For DC metro drivers. Go early on Friday (before 12:00) and leave early on Sunday (before 11:00). You shouldn't hit traffic. Be sure to stop at the local area farmer's markets for fresh fruit and veggies on your way home.

Pool area - stay at the infinity edge pool if your an adult with no kids. If you have kids, please do not bring them to the infinity pool. There are three pools and two are for over active children. The resort tries to keep the infinity pool for adults. You will have a headache in 3-5 mins if you stay by the indoor pool. Loud doesn't even begin to describe the noise level of this pool.

Service - spotty. The lobby lounge - service was hit and miss. Mostly miss. Would take 15 mins to get service and then once you get service they never come back. We were getting our own drinks more often then our waitress. They seem to have lots of breaks as well. Every time we were in the lounge our waitress had to take a break. It was one of the most unusual things we've experienced - breaks during high peak hours (4:00 - 7:00).
Drinks expensive - more so than usual. Rasberry cosmopolitian was $10.50. We brought wine and beer and stored in soft sided coolers and the refrigerator in the room. If you don't like large bar tabs - use that as an option.

Bed - oddly enough the sheets never stayed tucked. You move once and the sheets come untucked and then your on the mattress within 2 hours of falling asleep. They need to find correct sheets that stay tucked. Other than that - bed was comfortable.

Housekeeping - Not good. We left the room at 9:00 and when I came back at 3:30 they had just gotten to our room. I waited outside for 15 mins. When they finished and I entered the room we had no wash cloths, no hand towels, two bath towels, and our tolietries were not replinished (and they were clearly close to being empty).

All in all - this isn't a bad place to go for a weekend. With golf x 2 days and spa x 1 day, all our meals at the resort, and bar tab for 2 evenings - cost was $1400 for 2 nights and 3 days. Now that sounds like a lot, but for a resort with a view close to DC, not bad at all. Remember our room was water view, so go cheaper on the room, eat off-site, bring your own alcohol, and this becomes a very good value.

• Stayed: June 2006
6  Thank ConnieS
Reviewed June 10, 2006

I just spent 3 nights at the Hyatt in Cambridge with a large group for a business meeting. My experience is similar to that of other reviewers. This is a very lovely property, with expensive restaurants, daily valet fee and resort fees. If you don't want to spend too much money, you'll probably want to eat off campus and/or make the most of the in room fridge. Also, you'll probably want to self-park.

Parking -
Valet is a fee - $20. Self parkign lot is unfortunately a bit of a hike from the main lobby and my side of the hotel. (That would be my single true gripe - it just seems unpleasant to put "guest" parking as far away as possible.)

Staff -
The staff were all very charming and helpful (front desk, bellman, room service etc.)

Food -
My group had lunch catered, it was decent. I did not eat at the restaurant, but was sorry to see that the dinner prices were extremely expensive, altho you could get a sandwich or two in MIchener Lounge (off the main lobby). Room service was delivered to my room w/in 20 minutes (just a sandwich), but it was very prompt, which was great!

Property -
The river side of the hotel includes beautiful pools facing the river etc., didn't enjoy the many pools (business meeting after all!), but it is lovely surroundings.
The property has a walkiin/jogging trail of 2.3 miles, and many folks in our group enjoyed using that. Tennis courts, golf course, mini golf etc.

Room rates -
The max rate on the back of my room was $550 (non-water view overlooking the valet parking lot) - which I would never consider paying. If you can stay here for a much much more reasonable rate, that would be worth it.

• Stayed: June 2006, traveled on business
Thank Ms.Travels
Reviewed May 27, 2006

We had a very romantic time at the Hyatt. They left a bottle of wine and a picnic basket in our room because it was our anniversary. I was not able to drink the wine because I was pregnant, but we were still able to have a picnic by the water which was beautiful. The spa was very relaxing as well. I was able to get the "baby on board" pregnancy massage. The golf course was in pretty good shape as well. We ate at the restaurants a couple of times. It was only OK. Room service serves food from the restaurant. One night we ate in our room, it took over an hour to get our food because they were so busy at the restaurant, I think they forgot us.

We came back to the resort for Mother's day with my Mother In-law. She and I spent the entire day at the spa and salon which was very relaxing. There facials were wonderful, I think even better than the massage. I did think the salon was overpriced. I thought $80 on a pedicure was a bit much. My husband had a good time at the golf course again but the green fees were more expensive this time...about twice as much as the last time he played.

I would recommend to go during August or September when it is not so crowded and expensive.

• Stayed: August 2005
1  Thank TankFamily
Reviewed May 23, 2006

We just returned from an overnight trip at the Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay. We stayed in a king water- view room that was an excellent value for our Travelzoo price. The room was spacious, clean, well furnished (including in-room safe), and had a nice view overlooking the pool areas & Choptank River. The small refrigerator was a plus if you brought your own snacks and/or a few drinks. From reading other reviews, we anticipated resort restaurant prices, so we chose to eat our main meals enroute & return (@ Crab Claw in St. Micheals and @ Snapper Restaurant on the water in downtown/ historic Cambridge). All staff (including pool/recreation attendant) at the Hyatt were VERY friendly and helpful. We used well equipped workout center, large indoor pool and relaxing hot tub--but other activities (i.e. mini-golf, tennis, outdoor pools, etc.) were also available. With the cool evening, the outdoor fireplace was a quite a hit for a few families enjoying the warmth from the fire and marshmallow toasting. A side trip to St. Micheals lighthouse & museum is HIGHLY recommended to get a true "taste" of the Chesapeake Bay area.

• Stayed: May 2006