“Disappointing holiday”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Boston, Massachusetts
“Disappointing holiday”
Reviewed November 28, 2013 via mobile

We have always enjoyed our visits to the Hyatt Chesapeake, but this holiday visit left us disappointed. We are here for Thanksgiving but not a decoration in sight, just 2girls running around in elf outfits saying Hi. No flowers, no pumpkins, Turkeys or hint of a holiday.
Beverages took 20+ minutes! food was not hot! the waitress abandoned us after leaving the bill at the table.
Our room had very dirty floors upon entering, and the doors between our connecting rooms rooms has Greece marks and smudges.
It all has made for a poor experience. Our guess is that the MOD is new or the GM just doesn't care.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank onlinequeen
ChesaBayManagement, Manager at Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Golf Resort, Spa & Marina, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
We truly apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during a recent stay with us. We have communicated to our Director of Rooms, who has reached out to you as well. We have also discussed with housekeeping, engineering, and the food and beverage department to ensure that the appropriate steps are taken. We apologize about the decorations, as they were put up during the weekend and therefore some of the Thanksgiving decorations were being put away earlier than should of. We hope to have the opportunity to showcase our four diamond resort to you and your family in the future.

Warm Regards,
Cari Ruppert
Associate Director of Sales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (402)
Titusville, New Jersey
Reviewed November 25, 2013

My husband and I had a wonderful long weekend celebrating our anniversary. The staff was incredibly attentive and thoughtful. Spa treatments so very nice.every meal, in room or at one of the restaurants were delicious.mmwe can't wait to go back.
GOlf is a must on this beautiful course.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms have lovely patios
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Bowie, Maryland
Reviewed November 21, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the Hyatt for my Anniversary the second time. This resort is closed to home. It is very relaxing. The staff are wonderful. My husband and I have become regulars. The service is great. Jessica one of the managers is a pleasure to work with. She keeps a happy smile. I manager in edge water restaurant is very accommodating. We are always made to feel at home. There are many sizes to the rooms. Very clean and fresh smell the pool is awesome. I will share pictures.

• Stayed November 2013
Washington DC
Reviewed November 20, 2013

So my family and I went to this resort back in August of this year. It is our yearly tradition to go for a week in the summer. We have been doing this for almost 5 years straight. Evidenced by my previous reviews, the quality and standard on this hotel started to diminish. I gave it a 3/5 rating for our August stay (see my previous review for reasons) and after that review was written, the hotel has since invited us back to see if they can make up for it. We decided to give it a shot and went this past October for the weekend.

Service was definitely better and staff seemed more attentive. Again, having been to this hotel on multiple occasions in the past, I knew that this was their normal level of standard. It wasn't anything extraordinary. It was your usual good stay. I admit, the occupancy was probably extremely low since it was off season so the staff probably had more time to cater to everyone (unlike in the summer).

Overall, it was a nice trip. That's why I decided to give it a 4/5 rating this time around. The hotel is still not what it used to be couple of years ago when I consistently thought it was 5/5 but they'll still need to step up and show me that they can manage better (especially in the summer, during the peak season) for me to be convinced that this resort is back to being a 5/5 resort. I hope they can deliver. I really want to take my family back there again next summer but as of now, we're still on the fence after our experience this past summer. The jury's still out for us.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank kwondogg
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed November 19, 2013

This property is current and well maintained. The gym and pool are superb, as is the game room (nice ping pong tables and foos ball for free). Front desk staff were competent and friendly. Housekeepers did fine work, although they did accidentally leave a cleaning product in my bathroom one day and have the unfortunate habit of allowing guest room doors to slam while entering and exiting rooms during cleaning (a serious pet peeve of mine). My visit was off season but still the nicer restaurants became busy at dinner time. I would return and stay here.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Clifton, New Jersey
Reviewed November 18, 2013

We stayed there for 4 nights and the hotel is great. Excellent service from the staff. The rooms are spacious and we had a fabulous view of the water. I enjoyed watching the sunrise from the fitness center every morning. The fitness center was above average for a hotel facility. we ate a late lunch there when we arrived and it was vey good. The weather was very cool so I was not able to walk around the beautiful grounds.

Green Features: They did not have any information about reusing the bedding and towels, which surprised me.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Annapolis, Maryland
Reviewed November 17, 2013

I was visiting the Hyatt for a convention and stayed 5 nights during November. While I did not have time to enjoy all the amenities, I noticed golfers, a full service spa, indoor and outdoor swimming pools, 2 restaurants, outdoor fireplace to sit and have drinks at night, walking trails, outdoor jacuzzi with swim and out opening. I ate at both restaurants and had fine meals. I enjoyed the mini-mart with Starbucks coffees and rocking chairs to sit in. The rooms were comfy, and elegant. The bathrooms generous sized. Climate controls worked great. Little balconies outside of sliding doors. I kept my door ajar at night to sleep in cool evening air. We had a nice view of the Choptank River and pool area as you can see by my pictures. The Hyatt is 30 minutes to Oxford and 15 minutes to Easton for other restaurants and shopping, biking and boating. Last year we stayed at the Hyatt to bike around Blackwater Nature Preserve. Bike riding is great in this area. Salisbury is also close to have lunch or dinner at Evolution Brewery - a must see.

Room Tip: The only drawback about our room was 2 double beds instead of 2 queen beds. The size of beds would...
Green Features: Deer on premises and many warning signs to drive slow and not startle them. Using oyster shells for paths and not cement.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cambridge
Inn at Perry Cabin by Belmond
Comfort Inn And Suites
Comfort Inn And Suites
#4 of 5 in Cambridge
Days Inn & Suites Cambridge

Been to Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Golf Resort, Spa & Marina? Share your experiences!