“clean and up to date”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Las Vegas, Nevada
“clean and up to date”
Reviewed November 19, 2013

This property is current and well maintained. The gym and pool are superb, as is the game room (nice ping pong tables and foos ball for free). Front desk staff were competent and friendly. Housekeepers did fine work, although they did accidentally leave a cleaning product in my bathroom one day and have the unfortunate habit of allowing guest room doors to slam while entering and exiting rooms during cleaning (a serious pet peeve of mine). My visit was off season but still the nicer restaurants became busy at dinner time. I would return and stay here.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (394)
Clifton, New Jersey
Reviewed November 18, 2013

We stayed there for 4 nights and the hotel is great. Excellent service from the staff. The rooms are spacious and we had a fabulous view of the water. I enjoyed watching the sunrise from the fitness center every morning. The fitness center was above average for a hotel facility. we ate a late lunch there when we arrived and it was vey good. The weather was very cool so I was not able to walk around the beautiful grounds.

Green Features: They did not have any information about reusing the bedding and towels, which surprised me.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Annapolis, Maryland
Reviewed November 17, 2013

I was visiting the Hyatt for a convention and stayed 5 nights during November. While I did not have time to enjoy all the amenities, I noticed golfers, a full service spa, indoor and outdoor swimming pools, 2 restaurants, outdoor fireplace to sit and have drinks at night, walking trails, outdoor jacuzzi with swim and out opening. I ate at both restaurants and had fine meals. I enjoyed the mini-mart with Starbucks coffees and rocking chairs to sit in. The rooms were comfy, and elegant. The bathrooms generous sized. Climate controls worked great. Little balconies outside of sliding doors. I kept my door ajar at night to sleep in cool evening air. We had a nice view of the Choptank River and pool area as you can see by my pictures. The Hyatt is 30 minutes to Oxford and 15 minutes to Easton for other restaurants and shopping, biking and boating. Last year we stayed at the Hyatt to bike around Blackwater Nature Preserve. Bike riding is great in this area. Salisbury is also close to have lunch or dinner at Evolution Brewery - a must see.

Room Tip: The only drawback about our room was 2 double beds instead of 2 queen beds. The size of beds would...
Green Features: Deer on premises and many warning signs to drive slow and not startle them. Using oyster shells for paths and not cement.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Herndon, Virginia
Reviewed November 16, 2013

We've stayed at the resort three times and each time it's been fun and relaxing for the entire family. Met up with friends and while the kids watched a movie at the indoor pool with the dads, the moms got to catch up over drinks at the bar. The restaurant is very good but if you need to get a quick snack for the kids, there is a Walmart right outside of the resort,

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
USA
Reviewed November 14, 2013 via mobile

Good big clean rooms. Bright airy excellent customer service. Excellent views of the water.

We did not try the restaurants.

I would recommend during the season when the weather is more accommodating.

Lots of very good restaurants within close proximity to the hotel.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Upper Marlboro, Maryland
Reviewed November 13, 2013

This was our third time visiting the resort, and they continue to exceed expectations. My wife and I reserved a normal 1 king water view room. When we arrived, we were informed that we had been upgraded to VIP. We had no idea what that meant, but when we arrived at the room, we certainly found out. To say that the room was spectacular would certainly be an understatement. Full bar, huge dining area, living room with flat screen television and fireplace, en suite with a jacuzzi tub, and bedroom with a fireplace and flat screen television, and 5 balconies all with beautiful views. Quite frankly, they are lucky that we even decided to leave. We considered selling our house and becoming full time residents. I have no idea what we did to be upgraded, but if I ever find out, I'll be sure to do it again. In addition, the customer service that we received during our stay was world class. I just cannot say enough about this place, and I cannot wait to go back. Thank you to the HR Chesapeake staff for an absolutely wonderful experience.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Fulton, Maryland
Reviewed November 12, 2013

I was not aware of this place until I had to go to a work meeting here. It is close to Baltimore and DC. I was very impressed with hotel and facilities. they offer a lot of actvities for the entire family. It seats on a beautiful golf course and overlooks a river. It was peaceful to out by the water. The beach area is tiny but has a nice walk way along the waterfront to get some exercise. I did go in Sept so it was less crowded. My group was the majority of the people staying there. The staff overall was friendly and helpful except for the checkin person. She was not friendly. Our group had a hospitality suite each night and the staff kept it stocked with beverages and snacks. My other complaint was the quality of the TV reception. Granted TV watching is not high on the list when here but it was football season and many of us wanted to watch the game. The reception was worse than over the air with rabbit ears. I would expect more given the nightly price. The rooms were comfortable. The only other thing is guest parking is a little far from the check in desk. So if you have lots of luggage be aware. There is valet parking available.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank inthewind2010
ChesaBayManagement, Manager at Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Golf Resort, Spa & Marina, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay thanks you for your feedback, as it helps us improve our resort. We truly appreciate your positive comments about our golf course and facilities. We apologize for any inconvenience you experienced regarding parking, television reception, and one of our staff members. Please know we have passed your review along to our management team so that the appropriate steps are taken. Should you experience similar issues regarding technology during your next stay, please contact the front desk where we will be able to help you.

Warm Regards,
Cari Ruppert
Associate Director of Sales
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cambridge
Inn at Perry Cabin by Belmond
Best Western Plus Easton Inn & Suites
Oxford Inn
Oxford Inn
#1 of 1 in Oxford

Been to Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Golf Resort, Spa & Marina? Share your experiences!