We stayed at this resort with 4 other families for LDW. We had a memorable trip in 2009 and were excited to return. We all had our own suites which were HUGE and beautifully appointed. Ours had a small balcony and partial water view, it was great. The extra full bathroom, living room and dining table were great pluses and kept the bedroom just for sleeping.
The pool was a bit crowded and used towels were left on chairs, leaving you unsure if it was being saved or was empty. But we were always able to scoop up some chairs and the kids and adults had a blast at the pool and on the water slide. We did not dine on the property aside from the little place by the indoor pool for burgers and fries one afternoon. We had access to the Regency Club which was excellent for breakfast and snacks/drinks throughout the day. It saved us a lot of money and a trip to Walmart by having access.
Don't forget to bring your own fixins for s'mores and your own sticks - we forgot the sticks and purchased some for $1/ea at their shop. One of the workers gave us 3 for free which was great.
The 5th star is lacking because we found a blood stain on the comforter under the duvet and it definitely wasn't from us. This happened when we were checking out after 3 nights there so you can imagine how disgusting we felt knowing that it was right near our faces. The front desk was apologetic and applied Hyatt points to our account. I didn't feel like it was an adequate amount, so I emailed Gold Passport CS and received a timely response from a Director at Chesapeake apologizing and increasing the # of points that we received, which I felt was a fair response.
I would still return to this resort next time, but will definitely do a better check of the room before we settle in.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come experience the pampering luxury and picturesque landscape of Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Golf Resort, Spa and Marina. Located on the beautiful Choptank River, Hyatt Chesapeake is a premier AAA Four Diamond resort that encompasses more than 342 acres. Our resort offers a wide range of fun recreational activities, including an 18-hole championship golf course, which received a 4 1/2 star rating (out of 5) from Golf Digest. Our acclaimed Sago Spa & Salon boasts 14 treatment rooms providing a complete range of signature Eastern Shore spa treatments. The River Marsh Marina has 150 full service slips that dock upto 150 ft yachts. Other amenities include two outdoor pools, a glass-enclosed Wintergarden pool, a state-of-the-art fitness center, private beach with boat/ kayak/Jet Ski rentals, wildlife preserve, four lighted tennis courts, and more.Regional seafood specialties and waterfront views are just two of the attractions at Hyatt Chesapeake's six restaurants and lounges. The property offers 400 luxurious guest rooms. In addition to step-out balconies with magnificent views, each room has 37" flat screen TVs and inviting leather armchairs with ottomans. Come enjoy this luxury waterfront destination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotwire, Agoda, Priceline, Otel, Odigeo, Hyatt Hotels Corporation and Jetsetter so you can book your Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Golf Resort, Spa & Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Golf Resort, Spa And Marina
- Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Golf Resort, Spa & Marina Hotel Cambridge
- Hyatt Regency Cambridge
- Hyatt Cambridge
- Hyatt Chesapeake Bay