“Good Conference and Meeting Hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Golf Resort, Spa & Marina
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Cambridge
GreenLeadersBronze level
Washington
“Good Conference and Meeting Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

Been here twice for company retreats and it's been good both times. Rooms are nice sized and facilities are clean and up to date. Food was decent. Service was great.

Lots of nooks and crannies for smaller focus and group meetings. Outdoor areas which are covered for group activities in inclement weather. The conference room acoustics need some dampening as it can get pretty loud.

If you have kids, this is looks like a great resort a short 2 1/2 hours from DC. Out door pools. Indoor pool. Lot's of room to run around.

Haven't tried the golf and other facilities.

Room Tip: River view puts you looking over the pools. Get a higher room towards the end.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (385)
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

This was my fourth time at this resort, obviously I think it's terrific. The rooms are quite large and comfortably furnished. The bed was super comfortable. The resort has wonderful activites, including two large outdoor pools (one with features geared to children), as well as a very large indoor pool, which makes the resort a destination even in cold weather. There's a large and well-equipped fitness room, a game room with a ping pong table and air hockey table, etc. Also a golf course on the premises, one can see the course from many of the hotel rooms. During the summer there are various water sports available, like boats for rent. One can also ride bikes or do nature walks on the resort's acreage. One of the best things about the resort is a wonderful spa, I had the best facial of my life there, and I've been to many high-end spas in New York and DC.

I should mention that, while there is a small sand area just next to the river, I would not call this a beach resort, so if you are looking for a beach with ocean kind of place, this isn't for you.

During the summer there are lots of children's activities, and children. My preference is to come here during the week and/or when school is in session, and it's more tranquil. I love sitting in a lounge chair at the pool, looking at the river (which is very wide here) just beyond, and relaxing.

The hotel is kept very clean. There is maid service twice a day, and one can see staff cleaning and picking up things throughout the facility. The staff goes out of their way to be helpful and friendly.

The resort has lots of public areas where one can just sit and relax or read a book. Even though, for one of the nights we were there, the hotel was sold out, it didn't feel overly crowded. Lounge chairs were still available at or near the pool.

There are some great restaurants a short drive from the resort, so I haven't eaten in the hotel restaurants.

We will definitely be back!

Room Tip: Some rooms have full balconies, if that is important to you. The Regency Club lounge serves a contin...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

The Hyatt Chesapeake is one of the best boating destinations on the Chesapeake and particularly good for families.

If you stay in the marina, you have access to all of the amenities of the resort, which include three swimming pools, golf, spa, etc.

We loved the "Dive In" movie theater in the pool, great fun for everyone.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Princeton, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

This is a fabulous resort - it's heavily geared toward families with children, but I was travelling with my 85 yr. old parents and we had a simply delightful time -- the staff made every effort to accommodate my Mom's wheelchair opening doors, loading the chair into the car, greeting my parents with big, welcoming smiles...). My Mom had a wonderful afternoon at the Spa and my Dad opened the Country Market store each morning because he loves his Starbucks.
The rooms are excellent - relaxing and airy and I recommend paying the little bit more for a water view. The beds are just great for sleeping! The facility is very large and nicely landscaped and with the number of pools/restaurants/activities, you could either choose to simply check in and never leave the property for the length of your stay or use it as we did, a great base to use for day trips out to St Michaels and the other sweet Chesapeake towns. Can't recommend this Hyatt enough - yes, it's a bit pricey, but you won't be disappointed!!

Room Tip: Spend a bit more and get a "water view" room - they're on the higher floors and the br...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Central NJ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013

This Hyatt is a beautiful, relaxing resort that especially caters to families. There are 3 awesome big pools (1 indoor & 2 outdoor pools - the family pool has a small water slide), outdoor fireplace where your kids can roast marshmallows / Smores at night, miniature golf, arcade and a beach volleyball court. Also, if you like to golf this resort is right on a golf course. There were several dining options at the resort. The restaurants that we tried were good, however as expected from a resort were pricey. We were there for 2 nights / 3 days. One of the days we put our kids in Camp Hyatt for the day, so that my wife and I could relax without them. Both of my kids really enjoyed Camp Hyatt. My only negatives are that were received a standard room. The standard rooms come with 2 double beds in lieu of queen size beds. My wife and I aren't big people; and we thought they were a little small. The other negative was when we first walked into our bathroom, it had hairs and dust in the corners of the room. The hotel rectified this issue right away by sending up house cleaning pretty fast. Finally, if you're looking for a real nice resort to visit to relax for a few days, I would highly recommend this resort.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Belmar, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013

Wonderfull 2-night stay in late August. Played golf on the gorgeous and challenging course..........17th hole over water and 18th hole along bay, leading up to hotel, provide a great finish that will make you want to play again!. Several restaurants; each very good. Room was excellent, with high ceiling and beautiful views overlooking Choptank River (more like a wide bay). Watersport activities available, though prices seemed a tad high. Did not dive into pools, however indoor pool looked like the place to be in cooler temps, though many were using even in August. Outdoor pool looked refreshing. Overall, the resort is outstanding value.

Room Tip: Try to get water view.............just wonderful.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2013

Just got home from a two night getaway and feel completely rejuvenated. I wanted to spend some quality time with my sister and nephews (ages 13 and 16) before the boys went back to school. We all had a great time and the weather was fantastic. The 16 year old loves to fish and fished both days. The rest of us enjoyed the pool. We played putt putt, shot a few games of pool, roasted marshmallows, and enjoyed dining at some of the local restaurants. Our stay was both relaxing and fun.

This is the third time I've been to the Chesapeake Hyatt. I booked this stay under a special rate I got through Travelzoo and what a fantastic rate it was. The hotel and surrounding grounds are beautiful. The service we received was great. The hotel and the room was very clean. We had a great view from our room. I do wish the beds were queen size instead of doubles. I'm also not a big fan of the squashy pillows.

The one negative I do have is it is VERY expensive to eat at the hotel. I just can't pay $9.50 for a hot dog. I think the Hyatt would be better off if they lowered their food prices. I have no doubt, more people would eat at their restaurants and eateries if they did (instead of going off the property to eat).

I can't wait for my two night getaway with my three college aged nieces next June. The boys have already asked if they can come. Sorry boys, it's the girls turn next

I rated the "Value" a 4 out of 5 because even with the Resort Fee, I still got a fantastic deal (would have given a 5 out of 5 if the food wasn't so expensive). If I had to pay the normal nightly rate and the resort fee, I would only give them a 3 out of 5.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Amy S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cambridge
Inn at Perry Cabin by Belmond
St. Michaels Inn
St. Michaels Inn
#4 of 4 in St. Michaels
Days Inn & Suites Cambridge

Been to Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Golf Resort, Spa & Marina? Share your experiences!