2,661 results
All reviewsindoor poolthe water's edgemini golfblue pointwater viewchesapeake bayair hockeychoptank riverbeach volleyballping pongeastern shorebeautiful propertyfire pithot tublong weekendromantic getawayoff season
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Came here for a business conference. The rooms were good, the staff was courteous, and the conference rooms were very comfortable. The food was very good, especially one evening meal which featured fresh crabs. The patios were filled with chairs for relaxing with a nice view of the water.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Debbie1507
Reviewed June 21, 2013

We stayed at the Hyatt for our engagement recently, and it was great. Everything from the club room to the lobby was n great condition and the food/snacks were great! The service was great as well. The concierges were a great help with helping me to plan some engagement stuff. Mary and Brooke were instrumental over the phone and provided great service and recommendations, while Gina (from Pittsburgh) actually prepared the room for us with champagne and roses petals, and turn down service, great attitude and could really trust them! I had a slight issue with the use of the bikes there, but it was promptly taken care of by John (the marina director/recreation) and he took care of us. The only other recommendation I would make is that the infinity pool be for adults only rather than only half of the pool, this way the kids can still have the other two pools to play in and the adults can relax without having to worry about the kids. Great service, great scenery, great food, great time! We will be back!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 20, 2013

The Chesapeake Hyatt was a great getaway for me and my family, with a few notable flaws. The pools were amazing, but although one is indoors, it's not grounded and is frequently closed when there are nearby thunderstorms (rain = no pool for you). The restaurants were overpriced with mediocre service. The WiFi was horrible; my iOS devices could not maintain a connection and the hotel caps you at a paltry 200 MB (forget Netflix). The TV offered only standard def channels on an HD set (blurry much?). My own phone barely caught two bars on AT&T's network, indoors.

If it wasn't for the setting and the pools, I would not recommend this hotel. If you have kids, or if you're a golfer, it's a great place. If not, look elsewhere.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Conrad J
ChesaBayManagement, Manager at Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Golf Resort, Spa & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

We greatly appreciate the positive feedback about Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay’s amenities. Our team apologizes for any experience that was less than four-diamond. Please know that our management team is reviewing the feedback about the WiFi and restaurants. We hope to welcome your entire family back to Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay for a future visit.

Warm Regards,
Cari Ruppert
Associate Director of Sales

Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I went there to celebrate our 20th anniversary. We were looking for somewhere quiet and romantic. To our dismay, the place was over-run with children!!
Let me say that this is not the fault of the resort, I should have done more research. This is a nice place, just not what we were looking for.
Pros: the resort gave us an upgrade to a walk out balcony room- unfortunately, there isn't any privacy on the balcony as you can see your neighbors through the metal screen. The resort sent sparkling wine and fruit to our room for our anniversary- this was a very nice gesture.
Cons:The room was nothing special, I felt that it was very over-priced at $400 per night! I've stayed in nicer rooms for less than half of the price. I'm sure that they are appealing to families and the activities that they include. The restaurant downstairs (I can't remember the name) was not good either. The service was very poor and $47 for breakfast was certainly over-priced for eggs!
We also visited the spa while we were there. I was not particularly impressed with it either. We were the last appointment of the evening. Someone from the spa did call the evening before and explained that we should come in early to take advantage of the amenities that they offered there, but we were certainly rushed to get out after our service. They did provide a pass for us to return the next day, if we wanted.
We have traveled quite a bit throughout the Caribbean staying at all-inclusive (adult-only) resorts. I knew when I booked this that it was not going to be the same, but I was hoping for some similarities. Unfortunately, I came away very disappointed. Just not what we were looking for.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank sperrybella

Thanks so much for the feedback. Our team appreciates all the positive feedback. Please know our prices fall within the average of a four-diamond resort, and that we’ll be reviewing these comments with our management team. Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay does offer areas and activities that are adults-only. We hope to welcome you back for a future visit.

Warm Regards,
Cari Ruppert
Associate Director of Sales

Reviewed June 19, 2013

We stayed at the Hyatt for a wedding with a block rate. The room was fine, spa is lovely, the service at the pool left much to be desired. They were also out of a lot of items at noon on a Saturday. I'd question coming here as opposed to a lesser expensive hotel in St. Michaels or Kent Island if I was looking for a getaway.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends