Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Golf Resort, Spa & Marina
Holiday Inn Express Cambridge(Cambridge)(Great Value!)
$113
$108
HIExpress.com
Comfort Inn And Suites(Cambridge)(Great Value!)
$95
$65
$88
Travelocity
Oxford Inn(Oxford)(Great Value!)
$135
$67
Hampton Inn Easton(Easton)(Great Value!)
$135
Hampton.com
$72
Tidewater Inn(Easton)(Great Value!)
$159
$154
Hotels.com
Quality Inn Easton(Easton)(Great Value!)
$99
2,511 results
All reviewsindoor poolwaters edgewater viewblue pointmini golfchesapeake bayair hockeychoptank riverbeach volleyballping pongeastern shorebeautiful propertyfire pithot tublong weekendromantic getawayoutdoor activities
Reviewed January 31, 2013

We went there during the school holiday. Had a very nice and relaxing weekend there. Enjoy the outdoor jacuzzi and fireplaces. Loved Water's Edge Grill--Food was superb! Rooms are clean and bed is comfy. Great getaway place during the gloomy winter days.

There are too many kids in the indoor pool.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 28, 2013

We took advantage of a special through one of the travel sights and travelled down to Cambridge. The grounds and setting are wonderful and if golf and swimming are your thing - this is the place. The rooms were chain hotel standard and the layout was suited for conferences. With a lot of children there (it was a school holiday) it was hard to escape the din of the pool or the lower lobby, although we were in a "quiet zone". We enjoyed the walks through the marshes (ala Mitchner) and the staff was pleasant. When I got back I checked their on-line prices and found that I would have done better using my affiliation with the military, government, and some other organizations, but that is my problem. I still don't understand what I got for the "resort charge" and the $10.00 Coupon really wasn't for ten dollars, only if you used it at six to eight places would it approach the face value. All-in-all, we enjoyed the view and fresh air, but the highlight was the "Water's Edge Grill". I'd come back for the restaurant and maybe my gradchildren, but the hotel is not that special.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Geezers_on_the_Go
ChesaBayManagement, Manager at Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Golf Resort, Spa & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2013

We truly appreciate the feedback and are so pleased to hear of the positive experiences at the resort and Water’s Edge Grill. Resort prices and fees at Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay are within the average range of a four-diamond destination. The resort fee covers numerous complimentary services provided to guest during their stay. We strive to offer many travel packages throughout the year, offering getaways at great rates. Please feel free to call us in advance of a visit so that we may provide the best rate available. We hope to welcome you and your family again.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

Spent a night here recently and kids had a blast. Large indoor pool, poolside movies, arcade and game room. Service was terrific and rooms were nice. Makes for a fun night especially during the winter months. Food served poolside was marginal and overpriced however.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Greg C
Reviewed January 21, 2013

We stayed here for the first time as a very rare overnight getaway from our young kids on Saturday of MLK weekend. Ironically, the place was crawling with kids. So we'll definitely bring the kids next time, and would not recommend this as a romantic weekend getaway, at least not on holiday weekends. Yet it looks like a very good place for doing business during the week.

The flagship restaurant, Water's Edge Grill, seemed typical for a four-star hotel/resort: competent, unexceptional, and overpriced. The more casual Blue Point is probably the better bet for dinner. Similarly, the spa was nice but also overpriced, even by pricey spa standards. The upside of the spa expense is that it provides a barrier to entry for kids, which overrun the pool area. Better to pay the extra fee to use the spa in peace than to share it with the kiddies.

The facilities are new, the grounds are neat, and the staff is friendly, as most others have observed. The waterfront is vast with views that come with it. Despite the family vibe, it still felt business class. And it's quite convenient to DC and Baltimore. So if you've got more money than time and need to get away from there for a few days with the family in tow, it's a good option, but don't expect an unencumbered five-star experience or a screaming bargain.

By the way, we stayed in January, so the marina wasn't open, but it was big and well-maintained, so definitely worth coming by boat if that's your thing.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Aerocraft67

We truly appreciate the feedback and positive thoughts on the resort and Bluepoint Provision Company. We pride ourselves on being a family friendly resort, but recognize that it can be more chaotic on holiday weekends, such as Martin Luther King. Please know our team has recently implemented services and special hours for ‘adult-only’ time and space. And that we will pass comments about Water’s Edge Grill and the Spa to the appropriate managers. We hope to welcome you and your family again very soon.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

Visited Sago Spa at the Hyatt for a girlfriend's weekend. I was booked for a facial. My friends had massages. The facilities are clean. We were happy but not overly impressed with the spa experience. The "waiting room" had no music. So you feel like you are in a doctor's waiting room with all the patients in robes. Listening to everyone's conversations. Not very relaxing. The facial was very, very nice. I wish I could remember the name of the girl who gave me the facial. She was great. The facial was $140 - before service charge. They included the service charge so it cost $162. For one hour. I had a facial at Bliss in NYC, that was $125. And you get to tip what you want. Bliss had a much nicer waiting area with better perks. e.g. snacks, extras in the bathroom. And I was in NYC! Why am I paying more in Cambridge MD? I guess it's the hotel. We had drinks in the lounge that were also expensive yet average. We did not stay there so I can't rate the facilities. Looked very nice walking around. Overpriced from my point of view.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank iliketotravel123

We truly appreciate feedback about our newly renovated Sago Spa. We’re pleased to hear about the positive facial treatment experience, but know we will pass on pricing and other suggestions to our Spa Director. We hope you’ll consider a return visit to our four-diamond resort in the future.