“Already planning our next trip back!”

Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Golf Resort, Spa & Marina
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Cambridge
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed October 7, 2012

My husband and I just returned from an October weekend at this hotel to celebrate our wedding anniversary. We left the kids home from this trip but plan to bring them with us the next time. The property was beautiful and there was so much to do. We lucked out with the weather so were lucky enough to enjoy the outdoor pools in October, but the indoor pool and indoor/outdoor hot tub are very nice too and has a nice view even from inside. We also used the game room where they have shuffleboard, air hockey, table tennis, etc. and played mini golf on the outdoor course. The gym is very nice and I took advantage of outdoor yoga overlooking the water on Saturday morning. Also, there is a running trail where you can do a 1 or 3 mile loop. There were lots of kids activities on the schedule throughout the weekend. I was a little disappointed that the rental facilities to rent water equipment such as kayaks and jet skis was not open but apparently they close after Labor Day.
Our room was amazing - waterfront rooms on the 3rd floor have bigger walk-out balconies than higher level rooms and we took advantage of the nice view from the balcony.
The staff at the hotel was very accomodating as well. I do wish that they had made us aware when we checked in that the Blue Point Provision Seafood restaurant was closed for a private event Saturday night. We had planned to eat both dinner meals at the property and had dinner at Water's Edge Friday night, but we had to go off property Saturday since the other restaurant was closed. We went into Cambridge and had dinner at a Gastropub called High Point at the suggestion of the concierge which was very good and I would recommend it. However, make reservations as we did not and had to eat at the bar. After dinner we went to Leaky Pete's for a drink and then to Jimmie & Sook's - and both had live music and good crowds. We took cabs to/from the hotel which was only $10 each way. I wouldn't bother going to downtown Cambridge during the day - besides these 3 pubs there isn't much there and lots of closed down storefronts.
Also, St. Michael's is a nice day trip - only about a 30 minute drive. We are planning to go back next summer!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (2,451)

Reviewed October 1, 2012

We went to this hotel for 2 nights at the end of August with our 2 kids- 10 and 8. We booked this as a last minute getaway and it really exceeded our expectations. We reserved a hospitality suite which we thought was a bedroom with a king bed attached to a living room with a pull out murphy bed. When we got to the room, the bedroom had 2 double beds. When I told them that I thought it had a king- they looked into other options and ended up giving us a huge suite and i mean huge! It was very nice of them to do this for us at no additional charge. The suite was spacious very nice. The grounds at the hotel are beautiful and our 2 kids could run around between the 3 pools (2 outdoor and 1 indoor) while we relaxed. It is very nice that they section off an area of one of the pools for adults only. Our kids loved the free crabbing each morning off of the dock, the cookie decorating and also the smores at night. We rented a boat one morning and went fishing on the river. They don't recommend swimming as in the river as there are a lot of jelly fish. The breakfast was good and the lunches by the pool were fine - not great. We ate on property one evening as well down by the marina and it was a nice meal. The other night we went off property to Suicide Bridge which was about 10 minutes away and great for crabs. Overall, this was a great getaway and I'd definitely go back.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank alk
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Beautiful relaxed getaway with friends. Easy visits to nearby small towns. Resort itself was a delight! Staff was very helpful and accommodating to our every request or question. Highly recommend it when you just need to kick back.

Room Tip: The water view - upper floor room is the best! Dinner was very good.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Lion_on_the_Beach
Reviewed September 20, 2012

We went for a long weekend for a wedding. We stayed on the top (6th) floor and had club access. Our view was stunning (room 6402 - request it) and the room was very nice - you will love the high ceilings. My sister and her husband had the Chesapeake suite which was a very large 2 bedroom and we all hung out there (15 - 20 of us at a time). I would not recommend the additional $ for the club access. The food is ok, just not a great selection and I never did see any booze, although I was told it was available (for a fee). The club seems more like a nice cafeteria than an intimate lounge (ala Ritz Carlton or Taj). We ate/drank in Michners lounge and the waters edge (or something like that) and both were great and reasonable as far as resorts go. The golf course was beautiful albeit a bit expensive (150 ish) for 18 holes. I would totally recomend this place. I did not notice an overabundance of kids, but it was early Sept and they were in school. The only negative was the outdoor pools closed at 5 pm - seemed strange for a resort on the water.

Room Tip: we had room 6402 on the top floor (6) with the best view in the place
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank rvkummer
Reviewed September 13, 2012

What a place went there for a business function for 2 nights and 3 days what an awesome place. The minute you walk in the place you feel at home but you dont have to do anything great rooms, meals ambience, pools both indoor and outdoor some payed golf I utilized the Spa for a nice Riverstone massage. We had events both indoors and out such creative place to entertain. Try it you'll want to go back.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 11, 2012

My wife and i recently visited this resort on a mini anniversary getaway with my parents as their anniversary is around the same time, and we had a great time. The hotel was spotless and the food was excellent! We at at the Water's Edge three times and at Blue Point, and every meal we had was delicious and the portions were very large. The outdoor pools were also great. We travelled over Labor Day and i was worried that it would be packed with kids. The hotel was 100% booked but by the infinity pool it was very peaceful. My wife and i are used to adults only all inclusive resorts and half of the infinity pool was adults only which made for a nice relaxing place to hang out and have drinks. You don't hear any noise from the kids at the activities pool. The poolside waiters / waitresses are great and the food there is also good. To avoid paying high prices we would go to our room to refill our drinks and we never had a problem. The water view rooms are definitely worth the upgrade and i highly recommend playing River Marsh Golf Course. I played the course for a collegiate tournament so i was looking forward to playing it again and it did not disappoint. My wife paid for the round ($125) as an anniversary gift and it was well worth it. You get 10% off for staying at the hotel and it would've only been around $85 to play after 1pm but my dad and i choose to play early to avoid rain. We met some very nice people while sitting at the pool and enjoyed the activities such as mini golf, ping pong, and shuffleboard. There is plenty to do here and i would recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: Water View is well worth the extra couple bucks.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jrlpga
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Went hear over the Labor Day weekend. I have a little dog and when I saw this hotel and the other reviews I booked it cause it was dog friendly. Although I live in New York Long Island the trip was so worth it. The hotel is just beautiful as are the grounds and the views of the bay My room was extremely clean, the decor very tasteful and the bed was out of this world comfortable. My room was in the wing where other people stayed with their dogs. There were even bowls set out for the dogs and a doggy bed with a little package of treats. All the food was excellent from breakfast to dinner. I especially loved the Blue Point, the crab cakes were out of this world. There is plenty to do there between having an 18 hole golf course, 2 great outdoor pools and one indoor, crabbing, fishing, boating, tennis, and a spa just to mention some of what is offered. There are also plenty of grounds that are very quiet if that's what you want and just want to veg out. Everyone working at the hotel the entire staff from the pool help to the front desk could not have been nicer and did as much as possible to make my stay wonderful. I will definitely go back here again and am looking forward to it, it's just a great place

Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rosalyn Z
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cambridge
Inn at Perry Cabin by Belmond
#3 of 4 in St. Michaels
Hampton Inn Easton
Hampton Inn Easton
#2 of 9 in Easton

Been to Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Golf Resort, Spa & Marina? Share your experiences!