My husband and I just returned from an October weekend at this hotel to celebrate our wedding anniversary. We left the kids home from this trip but plan to bring them with us the next time. The property was beautiful and there was so much to do. We lucked out with the weather so were lucky enough to enjoy the outdoor pools in October, but the indoor pool and indoor/outdoor hot tub are very nice too and has a nice view even from inside. We also used the game room where they have shuffleboard, air hockey, table tennis, etc. and played mini golf on the outdoor course. The gym is very nice and I took advantage of outdoor yoga overlooking the water on Saturday morning. Also, there is a running trail where you can do a 1 or 3 mile loop. There were lots of kids activities on the schedule throughout the weekend. I was a little disappointed that the rental facilities to rent water equipment such as kayaks and jet skis was not open but apparently they close after Labor Day.
Our room was amazing - waterfront rooms on the 3rd floor have bigger walk-out balconies than higher level rooms and we took advantage of the nice view from the balcony.
The staff at the hotel was very accomodating as well. I do wish that they had made us aware when we checked in that the Blue Point Provision Seafood restaurant was closed for a private event Saturday night. We had planned to eat both dinner meals at the property and had dinner at Water's Edge Friday night, but we had to go off property Saturday since the other restaurant was closed. We went into Cambridge and had dinner at a Gastropub called High Point at the suggestion of the concierge which was very good and I would recommend it. However, make reservations as we did not and had to eat at the bar. After dinner we went to Leaky Pete's for a drink and then to Jimmie & Sook's - and both had live music and good crowds. We took cabs to/from the hotel which was only $10 each way. I wouldn't bother going to downtown Cambridge during the day - besides these 3 pubs there isn't much there and lots of closed down storefronts.
Also, St. Michael's is a nice day trip - only about a 30 minute drive. We are planning to go back next summer!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come experience the pampering luxury and picturesque landscape of Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Golf Resort, Spa and Marina. Located on the beautiful Choptank River, Hyatt Chesapeake is a premier AAA Four Diamond resort that encompasses more than 342 acres. Our resort offers a wide range of fun recreational activities, including an 18-hole championship golf course, which received a 4 1/2 star rating (out of 5) from Golf Digest. Our acclaimed Sago Spa & Salon boasts 14 treatment rooms providing a complete range of signature Eastern Shore spa treatments. The River Marsh Marina has 150 full service slips that dock upto 150 ft yachts. Other amenities include two outdoor pools, a glass-enclosed Wintergarden pool, a state-of-the-art fitness center, private beach with boat/ kayak/Jet Ski rentals, wildlife preserve, four lighted tennis courts, and more.Regional seafood specialties and waterfront views are just two of the attractions at Hyatt Chesapeake's six restaurants and lounges. The property offers 400 luxurious guest rooms. In addition to step-out balconies with magnificent views, each room has 37" flat screen TVs and inviting leather armchairs with ottomans. Come enjoy this luxury waterfront destination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Golf Resort, Spa & Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Golf Resort, Spa & Marina Hotel Cambridge
- Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Golf Resort, Spa And Marina
- Hyatt Regency Cambridge
- Hyatt Cambridge
- Hyatt Chesapeake Bay