2,681 results
All reviews indoor pool the water's edge mini golf blue point water view chesapeake bay air hockey choptank river beach volleyball ping pong eastern shore beautiful property fire pit hot tub long weekend romantic getaway off season
Reviewed March 15, 2012

First, the positives: the spa was beautiful and the staff was very friendly. However, the Monsoon Ritual was not worth the price. The scrub is more like fine polish-not what I was expecting. The massage use a lotion instead of oil and very little of it so that the skins was pulled and stretched and uncomfortable. The products smelled wonderful thought. Unfortunately just prior to my service there was a fire alert and we had to evacuate the building. This messed up the schedule of everyone's appts. So to get back on schedule (I'm assuming since nothing was discussed with me) my 90min appt was shortened to 78 mins - the price however was not adjusted accordingly. Next day I had a mani-pedi. Manicure was ok though the nail tech complained about having to remove glitter nail polish (it is a pain). Pedicure was ridiculous! Nails not files evenly. Cuticles not addressed properly. Polish on my skin. I was rushing to get out to another engagement or I would have asked for pedicure to be fixed. (I'll attach a picture if possible). Bottom line - beautiful hotel and spa. Poor products and services.

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank Mymmi
Managementchesa, Manager at Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Golf Resort, Spa & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2012

The Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay team is very excited about the recent opening of Sago Spa & Salon, which underwent a $1 million transformation. We appreciate feedback and regret to hear of a guest experience that is less than our Four Diamond standard. Please know that these comments have been passed on to management for review, and that we’d like to re-connect so we may rectify this unfortunate situation.

Reviewed March 13, 2012

What a beautiful facility! We were greeted upon arrival and given Momosa's as we arrived! Our room was excellent. Clean lots of room and a very nice tiled bathroom! They have fantastic meeting rooms and an awesome hot tub and indoor and outdoor swimming pools. You can make somemores at their fireplace outside and they have Starbucks!

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the bay are the best!
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 13, 2012

We reside in the Annapolis area so we took my Mom to the Hyatt for a birthday weekend getaway. We had a total of six adults and two kids - we had a suite which was nice - very spacious. It was your typical Hyatt room - not plush but very clean. The bellman at arrival was very helpful and nice. The front desk was able to accommodate our early arrival. The indoor pool was key for our two girls...they loved it. The outdoor area looks great but we were there in December so that obviously wasn't an option. They had a game room as well which was fun for the kids. The spa was under renovation but the temporary spa was very accommodating and the services were okay. The restaurant was probably my biggest complaint - service was extremely slow. Definitely a resort that probably has a lot more to offer in the summer time with the outdoor activities - golf, pool, pier etc. We would try it again if the price was right. It is definitely a great setup - the resort itself just seems to have a business feel to me.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed March 3, 2012

This was our third stay in five years and our shortest. The hotel is still beautiful and the staff does a good job of keeping everything neat and clean. We were there over presidents day weekend with our two kids, and they had a blast. It was very crowded in the pool, so we didn't use it as much. Game room was a blast. Played pool and miniature golf. Our last stay was in summer when both pools are open and the staff have activities for the kids. Ate in waters edge for dinner. A little pricey. Food is fine. Breakfast was the best. Had a king bed with two bunks. 10 year old too big for bunks, 8 year old loved it. Looking forward to coming back in warmer weather.

• Stayed: February 2012
2  Thank joanamac
Reviewed March 3, 2012

When I finally arrived I was very impressed with the grounds--I saw great big birds that I thought were buzzards, and then a flock of turkey! I think they told me the facility is 10 years old, and it looks like it is just coming into its own--gardens well established, and everything settling in very nicely. This is a first class lodge type facility on the Chesapeake bay. All personnel were extremely nice and accomadating. Food was excellent, along with excellent facilities.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business