2,664 results
All reviewsindoor poolthe water's edgemini golfblue pointwater viewchesapeake bayair hockeychoptank riverbeach volleyballping pongeastern shorebeautiful propertyfire pithot tublong weekendromantic getawayoff season
Reviewed January 12, 2012

My girl friend and i stayed at the Hyatt Chesapeake MD. over New Years 2011 This was her Christmas gift from me to her a little getaway from it all. We stayed for three days and didnt want to leave. It was everything and more............. When we first pulled up the long drive way we enjoyed the grounds, all though it was winter you could tell how manicured everything was to the bushes, Trees, and wooden carvings. It must be beautiful in the summer time. When we got to the lobby there was no wait we had someone help us with are bags right away. The hotel is beautiful it was layed out nicely very comfy. Are room was awesome with a great view of the River. My favorite was the 2 big stone fireplaces in the area they called the library which were burning real wood every night. My girl friend and i snuggled up in front of the fire and drank are Chocolate Martinis. We loved the Bartender Antonio he was very funny with a great sence of humor. That leads me to my biggest point of all about this hotel. The whole staff was over the top friendly, they made us feel like Kings and Queens. They were so helpful in so many ways I cant say enough about them. This Place is a class act. Oh did i mention my girl friend loved her Christmas Gift :)

Room Tip: Ask for 5th or 6th level with the water view Its an awesome view of the river
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 11, 2012

We had a wonderful time @ The Hyatt Regency Chesapeake!!! The property is absolutely magnificent!!! Our suite was extremely beautiful!! The Water's Edge Restaurant is an elegant, delicious restaurant. The resort bussels with activities for everyone, young and all ages. The staff treats every guest like royalty! Ted Kanatas, the General Manager, cares very much about each guest.You will be so happy when you visit The Hyatt Chesapeake Resort!!!!!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 4, 2012

2011 New Years Eve weekend getaway! We purchased a getaway on Sniqueaway,com to the Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Golf Resort, Spa & Marina in Cambridge, Md.,located on the Eastern shore (Rt. 50 East) about 30 minutes west of Salisbury, Md., and approx a one hour drive from Washington, D.C.

The Hyatt Chesapeake Bay Resort is simply beautiful. The staff was warm, friendly and accommodating, and the rooms were extremely neat, clean, and decorated with light refreshing colors which made the atmosphere inviting and comfy.

While I was not won over by the food in the restaurants, I was pleased with the wait staff and their williingness to assist in anyway. The food was not a deal breaker for me and I would definitely stay at this Hyatt again.

If you are looking for a quiet couples getaway, I would definitely not go again when school is out. Kids were everywhere and the parents were no where to be seen, however, the hotel staff did all that they could to ensure that the kids were made aware of the resort guidelines and rules.

This Hyatt is a pricey as are most resorts, so be sure to look for deals, coupons and specials before booking. This is a GREAT place for Family Reunions, Retreats, Conferences and other group gatherings, if the price is right!

Room Tip: Do go if you're looking for a family getaway with kids. Don't book or go, on a holiday when kids are out of school if you're looking for a quiet couples retreat!
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 4, 2012

I have have stayed at many different hotels (everything from top of the line resorts, to roach motels lol) all over the country due to business traveling. We (4 of us total, 2 couples in 2 different rooms) chose this “resort” (use that word very loosely with this place) for their "New Years Eve Celebration". One of the reasons we chose this location over others we looked at was we were “SOLD” on the fact that this place was having a separate “adult only” (with drinking and dancing) party and “family friendly” party as well. Also, they had pre-reserved dining choices so that you could basically “lay out” your evening (dinner, then entertainment, then the party for new years) all when you make your reservations. It “sounded” great (wish it all worked out as planned though….)
One of the first thing I feel that I need to say is, if you have kids and are looking for a Family atmosphere, this is probably a good place for that. But, that is not what we were looking fo,r not what we wanted, and NOT what we were told we would experience. It is KIDS EVERYWHERE… Running, playing, even in the “adult party area”. We love kids, but we were looking for (and sold on) an “adult dancing and partying atmosphere” for the evening.
Our experience was a letdown from the moment we pulled up. You had to pay for Valet parking, OR walk the equivalent of 2 plus city blocks from the “free self parking”. The “nice” resorts I have stayed at in the past either have convenient self parking, or FREE valet parking. Upon entering the building, it is attractive inside, and well laid out in our opinion. The room we qwere given was nice as well. They have many nice “setting area’s” which were also nice. This is where we felt the “good” stopped and the “bad” started for our experience.
As per our “pre-planned” evening, our dinner reservations were first, at 7:30 at the “Blue Point” restaurant. The resort provides a shuttle service from the front lobby to the Blue Point. We arrived at the restaurant at 7:15. We were told we would have to wait just a few minutes for our table (table for 4) when we walked in. Several other couples/families were there waiting with us when we arrived. There was no “waiting” area for us to wait, and the bar area was very crowded so all of us (our party and the others there before and after us) all just waited at the front door (normally places have benches, chairs, or some type of waiting area, this place has none). The first thing we noticed was, there were approximately 20 – 25 tables/booths for seating, 6 were totally empty, cleaned, and set with menu’s and silverware when we walked in. After waiting for literally 45 – 50 minutes and seeing all of these tables set EMPTY the ENTIRE TIME (ALL of the parties waiting at the same time as us, had to wait this same amount of time, and we ALL had 7:30 reservations), I finally went to talk to the manager at about 10 minutes after 8. They saw no problem with us waiting, and said the REASON we had to wait was the table we were waiting for was still full (the current guests eating at it had not left yet)!!!!!! I asked about all of the empty tables, he said they were for other reservations. I asked why they had been empty the ENTIRE TIME WE WERE WAITING and he had no good explanation. I asked why he simply just doesn’t change his “pre-planned table arrangement” to suit the needs of his guests who ALL WERE REQUIRED TO HAVE RESERVATIONS!!!!!!!! The actual manager finally agreed and tried to work with everyone, but a female assistant actually tried to ARGUE with me! (I own a business, that is NOT how to treat a customer who you have dropped the ball with!!!) Needless to say, we missed our entertainment that was “SUPPOSED” to be between the dinner and the party. The food was good, but the service was ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE. I honestly feel bad for the waiters and waitresses that evening, that was the most poorly managed restaurant I have ever been in. I would expect to wait if I were eating at Denny’s (but even they would work out a way to set us MUCH FASTER than an hour!!!), but when the entire nights dinning was RESERVATIONS and the food was $40 per plate, you SHOULD NEVER HAVE TO WAIT LIKE THAT!
After dinner was over and we had missed our entertainment, we decided to go straight to the party. There was a DJ, and a very very small temporary dance floor big enough for MAYBE 20 – 25 people if you were slow dancing. Any more people than that it felt like a “mosh pit”. The rest of the night went ok until the next morning. Check out was still at 11 (which is fine). We awoke at about 9am to get a shower before our departure. There was NO HOT WATER in our room. We called the front desk, she actually told us “try letting it run for a while” which we had already had it running for 20 minutes. After telling her it had already been running that long, she said she would try to get an engineer to look into it. Eventually, after another 20 minutes it did get luke warm (on FULL hot, no cold turned on at all) enough for us to grab quick showers.
In all total, We paid $375 for a room, $110 for dinner (with drinks), and approx. $75 in drinks the rest of the time we were there (a total of $560 for the night, multiplied by 2 couples for a total of $1120.00) and left TOTALLY disappointed. They need MAJOR lessons on customer service. Obviously not everyone has this type of experience here, or they would be out of business, but we did and we will not go back.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
10  Thank ublow_itow
Managementchesa, Manager at Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Golf Resort, Spa & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2012

Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay takes great pride in our four diamond resort experience. We regret to hear of any negative experiences and take this feedback seriously. Our management team, as well as our restaurant team, has reviewed the issues and proper measures have been taken to prevent such occurrences in the future, especially during busy holiday weekends like New Year’s. We appreciate the honest comments, and hope to have the opportunity provide the luxurious relaxing getaway that you expected in the near future.

Reviewed January 2, 2012

I stayed here over the summer for a friends wedding and was so impressed.From the time I pulled up to the valet, till when they brought my car around for me to go home--it was great. What really stuck out was the staff's smiles. Everyone on staff was so helpful, and so nice. Thats really what I pay attention to when I travel somewhere. I checked in and found my gogeous, spotless room. They have room darkening shades which makes for a lovely afternoon nap. We went to the bar and had great service as well. The wedding was gorgeous and I cannot wait to return next time for a weekend getaway. I thought the hotel was very reasonably priced as well. Look what your getting--top service,clean rooms, and a priceless view. Good Job Hyatt!!!!!

Room Tip: I looked over the golf course-and it was quiet and lovely
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends