2,659 results
All reviewsindoor poolwaters edgemini golfblue pointwater viewchesapeake bayair hockeychoptank riverbeach volleyballping pongeastern shorebeautiful propertyfire pithot tublong weekendromantic getawayoff season
Reviewed January 4, 2012

I have have stayed at many different hotels (everything from top of the line resorts, to roach motels lol) all over the country due to business traveling. We (4 of us total, 2 couples in 2 different rooms) chose this “resort” (use that word very loosely with this place) for their "New Years Eve Celebration". One of the reasons we chose this location over others we looked at was we were “SOLD” on the fact that this place was having a separate “adult only” (with drinking and dancing) party and “family friendly” party as well. Also, they had pre-reserved dining choices so that you could basically “lay out” your evening (dinner, then entertainment, then the party for new years) all when you make your reservations. It “sounded” great (wish it all worked out as planned though….)
One of the first thing I feel that I need to say is, if you have kids and are looking for a Family atmosphere, this is probably a good place for that. But, that is not what we were looking fo,r not what we wanted, and NOT what we were told we would experience. It is KIDS EVERYWHERE… Running, playing, even in the “adult party area”. We love kids, but we were looking for (and sold on) an “adult dancing and partying atmosphere” for the evening.
Our experience was a letdown from the moment we pulled up. You had to pay for Valet parking, OR walk the equivalent of 2 plus city blocks from the “free self parking”. The “nice” resorts I have stayed at in the past either have convenient self parking, or FREE valet parking. Upon entering the building, it is attractive inside, and well laid out in our opinion. The room we qwere given was nice as well. They have many nice “setting area’s” which were also nice. This is where we felt the “good” stopped and the “bad” started for our experience.
As per our “pre-planned” evening, our dinner reservations were first, at 7:30 at the “Blue Point” restaurant. The resort provides a shuttle service from the front lobby to the Blue Point. We arrived at the restaurant at 7:15. We were told we would have to wait just a few minutes for our table (table for 4) when we walked in. Several other couples/families were there waiting with us when we arrived. There was no “waiting” area for us to wait, and the bar area was very crowded so all of us (our party and the others there before and after us) all just waited at the front door (normally places have benches, chairs, or some type of waiting area, this place has none). The first thing we noticed was, there were approximately 20 – 25 tables/booths for seating, 6 were totally empty, cleaned, and set with menu’s and silverware when we walked in. After waiting for literally 45 – 50 minutes and seeing all of these tables set EMPTY the ENTIRE TIME (ALL of the parties waiting at the same time as us, had to wait this same amount of time, and we ALL had 7:30 reservations), I finally went to talk to the manager at about 10 minutes after 8. They saw no problem with us waiting, and said the REASON we had to wait was the table we were waiting for was still full (the current guests eating at it had not left yet)!!!!!! I asked about all of the empty tables, he said they were for other reservations. I asked why they had been empty the ENTIRE TIME WE WERE WAITING and he had no good explanation. I asked why he simply just doesn’t change his “pre-planned table arrangement” to suit the needs of his guests who ALL WERE REQUIRED TO HAVE RESERVATIONS!!!!!!!! The actual manager finally agreed and tried to work with everyone, but a female assistant actually tried to ARGUE with me! (I own a business, that is NOT how to treat a customer who you have dropped the ball with!!!) Needless to say, we missed our entertainment that was “SUPPOSED” to be between the dinner and the party. The food was good, but the service was ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE. I honestly feel bad for the waiters and waitresses that evening, that was the most poorly managed restaurant I have ever been in. I would expect to wait if I were eating at Denny’s (but even they would work out a way to set us MUCH FASTER than an hour!!!), but when the entire nights dinning was RESERVATIONS and the food was $40 per plate, you SHOULD NEVER HAVE TO WAIT LIKE THAT!
After dinner was over and we had missed our entertainment, we decided to go straight to the party. There was a DJ, and a very very small temporary dance floor big enough for MAYBE 20 – 25 people if you were slow dancing. Any more people than that it felt like a “mosh pit”. The rest of the night went ok until the next morning. Check out was still at 11 (which is fine). We awoke at about 9am to get a shower before our departure. There was NO HOT WATER in our room. We called the front desk, she actually told us “try letting it run for a while” which we had already had it running for 20 minutes. After telling her it had already been running that long, she said she would try to get an engineer to look into it. Eventually, after another 20 minutes it did get luke warm (on FULL hot, no cold turned on at all) enough for us to grab quick showers.
In all total, We paid $375 for a room, $110 for dinner (with drinks), and approx. $75 in drinks the rest of the time we were there (a total of $560 for the night, multiplied by 2 couples for a total of $1120.00) and left TOTALLY disappointed. They need MAJOR lessons on customer service. Obviously not everyone has this type of experience here, or they would be out of business, but we did and we will not go back.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
10  Thank ublow_itow
Managementchesa, Manager at Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Golf Resort, Spa & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2012

Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay takes great pride in our four diamond resort experience. We regret to hear of any negative experiences and take this feedback seriously. Our management team, as well as our restaurant team, has reviewed the issues and proper measures have been taken to prevent such occurrences in the future, especially during busy holiday weekends like New Year’s. We appreciate the honest comments, and hope to have the opportunity provide the luxurious relaxing getaway that you expected in the near future.

Reviewed January 2, 2012

I stayed here over the summer for a friends wedding and was so impressed.From the time I pulled up to the valet, till when they brought my car around for me to go home--it was great. What really stuck out was the staff's smiles. Everyone on staff was so helpful, and so nice. Thats really what I pay attention to when I travel somewhere. I checked in and found my gogeous, spotless room. They have room darkening shades which makes for a lovely afternoon nap. We went to the bar and had great service as well. The wedding was gorgeous and I cannot wait to return next time for a weekend getaway. I thought the hotel was very reasonably priced as well. Look what your getting--top service,clean rooms, and a priceless view. Good Job Hyatt!!!!!

Room Tip: I looked over the golf course-and it was quiet and lovely
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank M L
Reviewed January 2, 2012

My husband and I had to be in Cambridge for work and the Hyatt offered us a federal room rate (which is usually hard to get at nicer hotels). After working all day we had a nice quiet meal in the hotel. The food was good, although I wouldn't say it was anything special. The waitstaff seemed new and weren't able to answer many questions about ingredients or what beverages were available. The setting and other amenities were very nice. There is an indoor pool with a movie screen hanging at one end- although the area was completely empty when were there on a night in December. Looks like it would be a hugely popular destination for families. Would love to return with our children and just relax there in warmer weather.

Room Tip: The hotel was about 80% empty the night we were there so all rooms were very quiet. We did have a nice Bay view though which was beautiful.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank WorkToTravelGuy
Reviewed January 2, 2012

We were there for the New Years Eve adult celebration, the place was overun with kids. We were upgraded to a suite (nice) which literally shook from the kids running up and down the hallways and the constant noise was unbelievable. Large fireplace outside looked nice but swarming with kids tossing footballs etc., and no drink service. Indoor pool looked like a public pool in the middle of summer. We had a wonderful dinner at the Eagles Nest. (adults only) Afterwards we went to the adults only party in Micheners library, only to find nowhere to sit, kids in and out of the area and 3 or 4 resort staff watching but doing nothing regarding the kids untill I said something.(kids had multiple areas for themselves) Its a beautiful place just not couple friendly. Resort could have done much more for adults without kids to enjoy New Years.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
7  Thank buzzgarr
Reviewed December 30, 2011

The great thing about this place was how family friendly it was, and that it had everything you needed right there on site.
My kids loved all the various pools and were mezmerized by the hot tub that was half inside and half outside.
The only downside to this place is the price. It is expensive. The restaurants charge 5 star prices, but I did not feel quite delivered 5 star food.
I will say that the level of service at this place is truly exceptional though. Everyone is very friendly.
My faily also particularly enhoyed the free miniature golf.

Room Tip: The balconies are useless. Try to get a firt floor room with a patio, theya re the same price and they have room to sit outside.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family