“Great lunch stop”

Kay's Country Kitchen
Ranked #15 of 62 Restaurants in Cambridge
Cuisines: American
Reviewed December 1, 2013

Had another great lunch at Kay's today. The chicken salad club was superb and the service as always good.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

Wife and I were driving through Cambridge on our way to the ocean. We decided to have a sit down breakfast. But not at a chain. On the edge of town, just past the Walmart. We noticed a small sign for Kay's at the Airport and decided to take a chance. Well, the airport is an easy find, but there was not a sign for "Kay's". Since it was late Sunday morning there were well dressed families (post church perhaps) on the terminal parking lot walking towards a door. Then we noticed above the door is an unobtrusive "Restaurant". And with that clientele we figured it must be good. And it was good. Service was quick, friendly and efficient. Drinks came in big mason jar glasses. Wife got an egg, cheese, ham sandwich that was a lot (she ate half), I got the simple eggs, toast, grits and gravy. Pleasantly surprised, we were happy with our good fortune.

Again, service and food were good, but the view of the flight line was neat. The real treat was a group of pilots (older gentlemen) who had gathered there for breakfast. They were finishing up and exiting two at a time. They would go out, warm their planes up and take off. Some had replica WWII aircraft. Really cool.

We liked it so well, we made it a destination for our trip home. Unfortunately Kay's is closed on Wednesdays but we know where we are stopping the next time we go through Cambridge.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

We asked some locals for the best place to go eat local and they said Kay's without hesitation. They then added that it was at the airport! We never would have found this gem if we hadn't asked. Mostly locals. Good food, big portions, friendly service. Have the crab omelet if you go for breakfast or crab balls for lunch or dinner.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

After reading some good reviews we decided to stop here for lunch on our way to Ocean City. We arrived on Sunday at about 12:15 and had to wait a few minutes for a table. We were seated in the attractive dining room overlook the runway of this tiny airport. The waitress took our order promptly and brought us our iced tea in huge mason jars.
We ordered the hot turkey sandwiches. And then we waited....and waited some more. We saw people who had arrived after us being served but still we waited. After about 40 minutes our food finally arrived. As promised, the turkey was carved turkey breast and not the deli turkey you get some places. But, while warm, it was not as hot as it should have been. And, the gravy was grossly over salted. Because we were anxious to get back on the road we ate it. But, I won't bother ever going back there again.,

Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

This was my 3rd visit. I've been there for lunch and dinner, which were both just ok, but heard the breakfast is great. I felt I was very much misinformed after my experience.
First, the smell of mildew at our window table hit me right away, however the hummingbirds outside were a nice distraction, until the food showed up in a pool (and I do mean POOL) of clear grease that I spent the next few minutes sopping up with napkins. The "crispy" bacon was limp, cool and fatty, the eggs were fine and about what I expected. The toast was plain white bread; I wasn't offered any choices. The other meal was "styrofoam" pancakes, My husband said. He ate his eggs but said the scrapple tasted odd and didn't finish it. Our waitress had been very brief and all business with us, but efficient, however we never spoke with her again. Another girl helped us get more napkins, and when we finally gave up on the edible parts of our meals, we spotted our original waitress... sitting in a chair across the dining room, massaging her FEET with her bare hands. We even saw her apologize to the poor people eating breakfast next to her. That sealed it. We got up, paid the bill, and agreed that we will never be back. I'm still grossed out just thinking about that experience. What in the world??

1  Thank Jlynn79