“Deserves This Rating!”

Days Inn & Suites Cambridge
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Cambridge
Reviewed May 13, 2012

We were quite pleased with the cleanliness of this motel. If you don't need breakfast (there's a great bakery just up the road) and don't expect too much this is worth a try.

Room Tip: If you have noisy neighbors late at night, call the desk!
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed March 15, 2012

Wow, I can't believe how picky some of these other reviewers are! I thought the rate for the room was very reasonable (esp. if you compare to other similar chain-hotels in the Cambridge area), the room was clean (certainly no dead bugs on the floor) and there was a wide variety of choices for the free breakfast (and plenty of everything). The manager was very friendly. Convenient to downtown Cambridge, but right near highway so there is a bit of road noise (easily blocked out by using the "fan" setting on the vent). Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Try to get an even numbered room as I believe they are all on the side of the hotel opposite the hig...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 20, 2012

We stayed here for one night only. It was quiet. The king bed was hard as a rock. Literally. The pull out couch was smaller than a twin size bed and wasn't very functional. The television got decent cable channels although my husband watched espn classic the whole night, I flipped to hgtv when he went to the bathroom. The room was clean and there was both a microwave and fridge. Fast food and grocery stores weren't very far. It's located right off the highway so it's a good location. All in all it was just ok. It wasn't bad for this price point, but it wasn't great either. If I had to, I'd stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed January 5, 2012

My company booked me on an overnight trip. Girl at front desk was like talking to a wall. Not friendly. Went to my room
And before I even opened the door I heard a room full of men in the next room talking loudly and cussing. Went back to front desk and asked for another room because I needed a peaceful nights sleep. Front desk girl was less than sympathetic and offered me a room across the hall.
Beds are old and hard, towels old and far from soft and I gathered a handful of dead bugs off the floor. Don't have any bed bugs yet but I sure did check my bed carefully.
Get what you pay for here. Yuck.

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed November 1, 2011

Stayed with my husband for 3 nights for an Ironman triathlon. The owner upgraded us to a suite upon arrival, and was very accomodating of our race specific needs. Room was clean, service good, and nice to have a microwave and fridge. The bed was a little hard, but nothing crazy. Breakfast buffet good-cereal, waffles, fruit, bagels....nohing fancy, but a really good value for the money!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
gujjubiker, Manager at Days Inn & Suites Cambridge, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2011

Thank you for your honest review of our Hotel. We are currently working to upgrade our Breakfast room giving a new look and enhance our menu for year 2012.. Secondly our Lobby is getting a complete make over. We can't speak enough of our new flooring and are very excited to announce that by the time we complete the lobby renovation, our guests will enjoy a unique GIFT SHOP in the Lobby!!!!!!!!! Last but not least, we will be adding couple of new excercize equipments to our fitness center. Come check us out. Last year we added the Business center
where you can excess internet, print, send and receive Faxes.

Reviewed October 14, 2011

We stayed here on the evening before Hurrican Irene did her worst, so we were still able to get out for a bite to eat and a walk around downtown Cambridge. The motel is out of town, convenient if you are travelling on US-50 and don't need to be close to Cambridge. We experienced no problems here, the motel was fine and the service was OK; on the other hand there was nothing special, in spite of the signs in reception stating that they had won the (Days Inn's) Chairman's Award! Prices are reasonable but they also charge a $2 parking fee which is not mentioned on their website; while $2 is not a lot, I do object on principle to surprise extra charges.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 9, 2011

This hotel was a waste of money! Do not stay here!

We thought it would be a good cheap alternative to staying at the Hyatt for a friend's wedding, but it just ended up being a headache. First we walked in to hear the desk clerk on the phone apologizing for giving out a customer's information to a non-family member. This was disturbing, but we tried not to think about it. Then the bed in our room looked like it had been there since the 60's . It was hard, flat, and completely worn in. There was remodeling going on in the lobby, which is fine. However, they need to remodel and update the rooms instead. It would be what we would expect out of a $50 a night hotel not a $150 a night. The front desk was useless, saying that all the rooms were like that and our only choice was to move to a smoking room.

Finally, when we were packing up the car and wanted to check out we stood there and waited 15 minutes at the desk before we flagged down a maid to get someone to help us. Even then the clerk was unhelpful and didn't understand why our bill had a section that said we needed to sign and turn it into the desk. We left and now I will be watching my back account closely to make sure there isn't an strange activity.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple

We apologize for the bad experience at our Hotel. I have been a Manger of this Hotel for past 9 years and we are constantly finding ways not only to take care of our guests need but also upgrade our Hotel with in budget constraints. Please know that our front desk staff is constantly being trained and hopefully they at the front line live up to the challenges they face on a daily basis.

We appriciate and thank you for your honest review of our Hotel. We are currently working to upgrade our Breakfast room giving a new look and enhance our menu for year 2012.. Secondly our Lobby is getting a complete make over. We can't speak enough of our new flooring and are very excited to announce that by the time we complete the lobby renovation, our guests will enjoy a unique GIFT SHOP in the Lobby!!!!!!!!! Last but not least, we will be adding couple of new excercize equipments to our fitness center. Come check us out. Last year we added the Business centerwhere you can excess internet, print, send and receive Faxes. Few of pour rooms will be completely redone in the fall of 2012.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cambridge
Comfort Inn And Suites
16 mi away
Quality Inn Easton
Quality Inn Easton
#6 of 9 in Easton

Been to Days Inn & Suites Cambridge? Share your experiences!