“Overpriced, uncomfortable”

Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Cambridge
Birmingham, Alabama
“Overpriced, uncomfortable”
Reviewed June 17, 2010

I stayed at this hotel because it was in town and close to the start of the Eagleman Triathlon. It was really pretty bad, maybe if it had been $30/night you could have accepted the accomodations....not expecting much, but for $150 it was pretty horrible. The room was concrete block, the floor was bare, the beds were pretty hard, the outside door room key lock was broken. The AC worked and there was a fridge and microwave in the room, but this was a pretty barebones room for the price.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
6 Thank irondoc
abvicambridge, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, April 27, 2011
Dear Valued Guest:
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay at our property. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you felt you experienced with us. There is never an excuse for providing anything less than great service. All claims against this property will be further investigated and corrected where necessary. I hope you will give us another opportunity to service your future lodging needs.

Regards,
Ashok Zalavadia
Americas Best Value Inn-Cambridge, MD

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Hampton, Virginia
Reviewed June 4, 2010

i asked for a non smoking room. what i got was a room that had a no smoking sign on the door.the room came with two ash trays and cigarette burn marks around the sink. the room smelled like smoke and mould! the remote for the tv and the front door handle was sticky! the shower curtain was slimy !!! my next door neighbor had a party that lasted till 4:30 am!!! this was the grossest room i have ever stayed at!! never again!!!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
4 Thank gmatheny
Dear Traveler,

Thank you for considering us for your lodging needs. We're sorry we weren't able to provide you with what you were looking for. Please let us know how we could better serve you in the future.

Ashok Zalavadia
Americas Best Value Inn-Cambridge, MD

Travelers are raving about these Cambridge hotels

pa
Reviewed September 30, 2009

Upon arrival they had the wrong room at the wrong price reserved for me. Even after presenting my emailed reservation confirmation the desk clerk argued with me. I did get the correct room but at an elevated price! The room itself wasnt the cleanest. The sink in the bathroom was cloged, no one was sent to fix it and when my husband went up to the front desk to check on the situation, he was given a plunger! The toilet constantly ran and again no maintenance! On the 2nd night of our stay, when we arrived in our room there had been no housekeeping, the beds were not made, the trash still full and no clean towels. I called the front desk for towels so that we could shower in the morning and we were given 3 towels for 4 people...I guess we were expected to share! Then at 3:00 am the phone rang and woke us all up it turned out to be a wake up call that we never requested. In the morning, We checked out early, none of us could stand to be in this dump one more day! If your planning a trip to Cambridge area I would suggest you stay anywhere but here. I am not a picky person but this place was rediculous! DO NOT BOOK THIS HOTEL

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Allana D
abvicambridgemd, Webmaster at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, August 8, 2011
Dear Guest,

1) Housekeeping received additional training in the level of cleanliness required of them as our employees.

2) Housekeeping was instructed to see to it that a proper amount of towels is supplied to the rooms to accommodate each guest.

3) Maintenance was instructed to see to the repairs in the room which was assigned to you.

4) Management was approached about a system being set up so that online reservations and reservations there at the desk agree.

5) Desk staff received additional instruction in the courteous manner in which they are to treat our valued guests.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Americas Best Value Inn Cambridge, MD. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Hotel Manager.
reston, va
Reviewed July 23, 2009

This may be the worst place I have ever stayed. The smell of mold and mildew was overwhelming. No matter what the price, I would never stay there again.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank eatergourmet
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Americas Best Value Inn Cambridge, MD for your recent stay in our area. I am sorry that
your experience was not the enjoyable one you had anticipated.

1) Your review was shared with the management.

2) Housekeeping received additional training in the level of cleanliness required of them as our employees.

I hope that you will change your mind and that the next time you visit our area you will once again choose to stay at Americas Best Value Inn Cambridge, MD. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Hotel Manager.
Tenerife, Spain
Reviewed November 19, 2008

My wife and I stayed here for 2 weeks at the end of September. When we checked in we were told that the room we had reserved was not available and were given a free upgrade to a kingsize room with fridge and microwave. The room was cleaned daily and new towels were provided. The bathroom was clean and the shower and bath all worked well.

As mentioned in the website blurb, there is free coffee in the lobby area, what is not mentioned is that this is available all day, not just for breakfast. The lobby also has free internet access for guests, however, it is dial up, not broadband and consequently some things take time to download.

The swimming pool area is kept clean and there are sunbeds available. Whilst we didn't avail ourselves of the facility, other guests did. There is also a pool table and seating area with tables adjacent to the swimming pool.

The complex also has an off-licence with competitively priced booze.

The receptionist, Sean, was very helpful throughout our stay, suggesting things to see and places to visit.

Cambridge itself is a very quiet town. We found very few people out and about after 10.00pm. Our personal favourite eatery was the Plaza Tapatia Mexican Restaurant on US 50 (the main road through Cambridge). The menu was extensive (over 150 items) and they had a happy hour on beers - 99c between 4.00 - 7.00 pm. The portions were huge and very tasty. My favourite was the carnitas.

Most of the bars are closed by 10.00. One we did find open was part of a gambling complex called either the starting gate or winning post. Beers were surprisingly cheap at $2 - 3 a pint draft.

We chose Cambridge as it appeared within reasonable travelling distance of Washington, Baltimore, Philadelphia etc. and the hotel was about $20 a night cheaper than anywhere else in reasonable travelling distance of the aforementioned, however, it was a minimum 90 minute drive to Washington and Baltimore and I was putting $20 a day fuel into the car.

One of the best trips we did was to the Rennaisance Festival in Crownsville MD. check it out at rennfest.com.

All in all we had an enjoyable time on this trip and the BVI in Cambridge is well recommended as a place to stay.

• Liked — Sean the receptionist
  • Disliked — distance from sights
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
United States
Reviewed July 27, 2008

I got nervous from the outside, but the check-in was friendly (despite the sign telling me I had 10 minutes to report any problems in my room or I was charged no matter what). Our room was a king non-smoking-- and that right there makes it good for us-- so many budget properties don't have king beds. It was clean enough (sheets and bathroom were clean, could use a big scrub in the all the corners), the bed was good, and it was quiet. We slept well, and considering it was $100 cheaper than anywhere else, we would stay again. Also, try the Ocean Odyssey for crabs and nice fish-- a family run place with great, reasonable food, and about 1 mile west on 50.

Stayed July 2008
1 Thank trientalis
poolesville
Reviewed October 8, 2007

What a pleasant surprise to have found an affordable hotel with so many amenities! From the moment we arrived till the time we left our stay was great. The gentlemen at the front desk not only were insightful but were hilarious comedians as well. After a long drive it was nice to be welcomed by smiling faces and some funny jokes(ask about his nuts!). Our room was of ample size and the beds were both clean and comfortable. The leopard skin box spring was a nice touch. The cable television reception was good and there were even adult movies to watch. The water pressure in the shower was awesome, I've never felt so clean! Conveniently located within our hotel was a liquor store with a great selection and a family restaurant with a breakfast buffet to die for! There were a few curlies on the bathroom door and the large woman across the hall made profound noises but overall I would say it was a total success. Would I stay here again? HELL YEAH! I'd even recomend it for honeymooners!

• Liked — The jokesters at the front desk!
  • Disliked — Curlies in the bathroom
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank awesomePoolesville
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cambridge
Days Inn & Suites Cambridge
#1 of 1 in Oxford
Hampton Inn Easton
Hampton Inn Easton
#2 of 9 in Easton

Been to Americas Best Value Inn? Share your experiences!