“nice get away”

Holiday Inn Express Cambridge
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Cambridge
Reviewed September 19, 2011

Me and my husband stayed at the hotel this past weekend. The Holiday inn Express is clean comfortable and the staff was very pleasant.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 22, 2011

As an alternative to the luxe and costly but absolutely fabulous Hyatt Regency Resort in Cambridge, MD, try the Holiday Inn Express across the street. Have stayed here twice and have not been disappointed. The staff is very accomodating, the rooms are clean and the breakfast is worthwhile. From 6:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. the following is provided: cereals, hard-cooked eggs, yogurt, milk, coffee, teas, juices, scrambled eggs, sausage links, various breads and fruits, make-them-yourself pancakes, muffins, and cinammon buns that are heated. Certainly enough to get you on the road home or touring.

Daily newspapers are provided in the lobby: USA Today during the week and local papers during the weekend. Good eating spots along the highway nearby; we like the Greek/Italian Palace (blue building) that is about 1/4 to 1/2 mile west of the hotel.

There is an indoor pool; parking lot is ample for a full hotel. Beds/pillows are comfortable; towels are soft. No microwave but there is an under-counter size refrigerator (Wal-Mart is next door for goodies). WiFi is provided.

Take a ride down to the end of Hoopers Island to get a real feel of living on the Shore. Visit the Blackwater Refuge on the way.

If you hear that J. M. Clayton's Seafood is having a crab feast, by all means go. These crabs are Choptank River crabs and are large, meaty and sweet.

Room Tip: Fourth floor is smoking; all others are non smoking.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank MsPZ
Reviewed August 1, 2011

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express for the Eastern Regional Barefoot Tournament this past weekend and we really liked the hotel. They had a friendly helpful staff. The room was spacious, clean and comfortable. The maid service was excellent. We has use of the Banquet Room for our awards ceremony and buffet. I would definitely stay there again.

Reviewed July 28, 2011

we stayed here one night on our way out to the beach. The staff was fantastic! they were friendly and pleasant to our boys (ages 5 and 2 ) gave them healthy snacks/welcome packages, and were generally very pleasant and great to talk with. the desk staff was very helpful in giving directions to local eateries and nice places to walk around and get a flavor for the town. there was a wedding reception there that night--which was great--but the desk staff made an extra effort to put our room on the opposite side of the guests to make sure we had a quiet night--and we did. room was comfortable and quiet too. would go back any time.

Room Tip: talk to the front desk here--genuinely helpful and friendly.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 25, 2011

The hotel itself was ok, nothing special. The pool area, however, looked disgusting. I was actually planning to take a swim, but after seeing the icky water decided to pass. We paid $150 for one king bed. Very surprised at the price. I mean, come on, Cambridge is basically in the middle of nowhere and there's not a whole lot do in the area. The price + lack of amenities = not a good value. Not sure if I'd stay here again.

1  Thank LN87
Reviewed July 11, 2011

I came to Cambridge to celebrate my birthday and visit the birthplace of Harriet Tubman.

I chose Holiday Inn Express because it was the best hotel in the area besides the oh so expensive Hyatt Regency. I paid $150 for one night, which is a little steep in my opinion, but since it was my birthday, I decided that I was worth it.

The hotel was easy to find. The room was clean, as were the sheets and bathroom. And believe me, I checked. Hard. I was glad to see that they had a disposable shower cap in the room, since I had forgotten mine. The room was cool, not very impressive. My only real complaint was that the volume on the tv did not go all the way up. I didn't have to interact with the hotel employees enought to comment on customer service. But I guess that's kind of a good thing.

They actually had a really great breakfast. I was expecting a regular continental breakfast with pastries, juice, and cereal. I was pleasantly surprised to find those food items as well as sausage, bacon, a pancake maker, and really delicious cinnamon buns. Probably the best low key hotel breakfast I've had.

I would stay here again, but probably not during the summer. Only off season, when it's little less expensive.

Reviewed May 24, 2011

Very nice, comfortable hotel. Staff very pleasant & breakfast buffet was very good.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cambridge
Comfort Inn And Suites
#6 of 9 in Easton
Hampton Inn Easton
Hampton Inn Easton
#2 of 9 in Easton

Been to Holiday Inn Express Cambridge? Share your experiences!