“absolutely outstanding service!”

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Cambridge
Wilmington
“absolutely outstanding service!”
Reviewed July 28, 2011

we stayed here one night on our way out to the beach. The staff was fantastic! they were friendly and pleasant to our boys (ages 5 and 2 ) gave them healthy snacks/welcome packages, and were generally very pleasant and great to talk with. the desk staff was very helpful in giving directions to local eateries and nice places to walk around and get a flavor for the town. there was a wedding reception there that night--which was great--but the desk staff made an extra effort to put our room on the opposite side of the guests to make sure we had a quiet night--and we did. room was comfortable and quiet too. would go back any time.

Room Tip: talk to the front desk here--genuinely helpful and friendly.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Annapolis, Maryland
Reviewed July 25, 2011

The hotel itself was ok, nothing special. The pool area, however, looked disgusting. I was actually planning to take a swim, but after seeing the icky water decided to pass. We paid $150 for one king bed. Very surprised at the price. I mean, come on, Cambridge is basically in the middle of nowhere and there's not a whole lot do in the area. The price + lack of amenities = not a good value. Not sure if I'd stay here again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LN87
Mount Rainier, Maryland
Reviewed July 11, 2011

I came to Cambridge to celebrate my birthday and visit the birthplace of Harriet Tubman.

I chose Holiday Inn Express because it was the best hotel in the area besides the oh so expensive Hyatt Regency. I paid $150 for one night, which is a little steep in my opinion, but since it was my birthday, I decided that I was worth it.

The hotel was easy to find. The room was clean, as were the sheets and bathroom. And believe me, I checked. Hard. I was glad to see that they had a disposable shower cap in the room, since I had forgotten mine. The room was cool, not very impressive. My only real complaint was that the volume on the tv did not go all the way up. I didn't have to interact with the hotel employees enought to comment on customer service. But I guess that's kind of a good thing.

They actually had a really great breakfast. I was expecting a regular continental breakfast with pastries, juice, and cereal. I was pleasantly surprised to find those food items as well as sausage, bacon, a pancake maker, and really delicious cinnamon buns. Probably the best low key hotel breakfast I've had.

I would stay here again, but probably not during the summer. Only off season, when it's little less expensive.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Spartanburg, SC
Reviewed May 24, 2011

Very nice, comfortable hotel. Staff very pleasant & breakfast buffet was very good.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed May 18, 2011

I stayed last weekend with 6 children between 2 rooms. The first night the tub stopped up and I called the front desk, only to be told nobody was there to help so the only solution is to move at 9pm when I have a 21 month old asleep?? My dilemma was brushed off as if it was no big deal! I had my sisters wedding to go to the next day and still had little ones to give baths to. I shouldn't have to leave my room to go shower in another. I asked to speak to the manager and was told he wouldn't be in until Monday. WOW! Nobody was in charge at all with a sold out hotel??? Saturday night at around midnight I walked out to my car and there was a party on the lawn (others celebrating another wedding). Beer cans everywhere with no less than 20 folks partying. I felt very uncomfortable! Needless to say, not once did I receive a follow up call, anyone check my tub, or even an apology for the inconvenience. At $140.00 a night (2 nights, 2 rooms), I expected much, much more. I work for a large hotel chain and I would never treat my guests as I was treated. I chose the Holiday Inn because My hotel family doesn't have a property in Cambridge. Next time I will drive a little to Easton or Salisbury for the service!! Also, This is Tuesday and I am still waiting for a call back from someone in charge at this hotel!!!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank amberlee611
North Apollo, Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 22, 2011

Good hotel but really could use a good scrub job. Black marks on the wall old dirty carpet. Staff for the most part very nice. Breakfast normal Holiday inn garb. Would probably stay again.

• Stayed May 2010
N/A
Reviewed October 14, 2010

Nice clean hotel, great front desk staff. Clean rooms, comfortable beds. Great continental breakfast. No problems or complaints with this hotel and would definately stay there again. Rated "Value" a little low because I was in town for an event and they obviously increased their prices that weekend because of the event. While I can understand that - business is business - I thought they pushed it a little too far because it was almost double their regular rates. Other than that, no complaints and a very nice hotel.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank NNBNNB
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cambridge
Days Inn & Suites Cambridge
#2 of 9 in Easton
Oxford Inn
Oxford Inn
#1 of 1 in Oxford

Been to Holiday Inn Express Cambridge? Share your experiences!