“great stay!”

Comfort Inn And Suites
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Cambridge
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed February 25, 2014

warm and welcoming atmosphere. greeting with a smile and very knowledgeable about surrounding area. room was nice in size and i had the double king beds which were magnificent. i had a great stay here and will return when in the area.

Room Tip: love the double king beds for 4 peoples.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Troy S, General Manager at Comfort Inn And Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2014

Thank you for your submission. We are pleased that we could provide the service and quality that you have come to expect with us. Please come visit us again very soon.

Reviewed February 10, 2014

My husband's employer held its annual celebration at the Hyatt Regency Eastern Shore and rooms were offered at a discounted rate still in excess of $100 of what we paid for a night here. The hotel was 1.5 miles away from the event, and our room was clean and spacious. The king bed, pillows, and linens provided a comfortable night's rest. Breakfast was more than adequate. The staff was attentive and courteous. Our stay was short, so we did not take advantage of the pool or exercise room, however, they both appeared to be in order. Keep up the good work.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Troy S, General Manager at Comfort Inn And Suites, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2014

Thank you for giving us the review that you have given us. I appreciate the time you spent to do so. I also am as pleased as you were that you enjoyed your stay as you did. I hope that you visit us again in the future and encourage you to make that soon. Thank you for stay with us.

Reviewed January 29, 2014

The staff was really nice, efficient and very helpful. The room was great, comfortable, clean and quiet. The indoor pool was good even with the really cold weather outside. The breakfast was fairly typical but very satisfying and convevient. The only downside was the poor tv reception which was obviously beyond the control of the motel, the tv itsrlf was a very nice flat screen. I would have given more stars but I don't want to give the impression it is resort hotel and raise expectations too high, but it is a very nice place to stay.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Troy S, General Manager at Comfort Inn And Suites, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2014

Thank you for your review. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay as much as you did. We will use all feedback to further enhance the service that we love to provide to our guest. We hope to see you again very soon..

Reviewed January 24, 2014

We stayed at this Comfort Inn last weekend for one night. We were in a huge hurry when we checked in and when we got to our room--Oh No! It was not cleaned...So I went down to the front desk and explained our situation. The mgr was there and apologized sincerely and offered a discounted rate which was appreciated. It was not a big deal, mistakes happen. I was given a new key within about 2 minutes and we were on our way. The new room was clean and spacious and the staff was friendly and courteous. We did not have breakfast but the room looked nice. We will definately stay again.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank kkd555
Troy S, General Manager at Comfort Inn And Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2014

Thank you for the review that you have submitted. Again, i apologize for the mix up in the beginning and are glad that you were not upset with it. I am ecstatic that we provided you with the quality of service that we provide for the remainder of your stay. We look very forward to having you stay with us again.

Reviewed January 17, 2014

I've stayed here many times while working in the area. Troy & the entire staff are Friendly, helpful & Professional ! The review titled Horrible is a slanderous and in my opinion, totally Untrue assessment of this hotel. The rooms, and I've stayed in numerous ones, have always been exceptionally clean, the breakfast is superb, for a free option. Any request to the desk has always been immediately addressed. Don't let one, obviously bitter review, discourage you from trying this hotel. It's a real gem at a great price !!

Stayed: January 2014
Troy S, General Manager at Comfort Inn And Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2014

Thank you for you review of our establishment. It is very flattering that we have fans such as yourself that come back time after time. it is guests like yourself whom make this job as enjoyable as it is to myself and my staff. We look forward to your stays with us each and every time. We can't wait to see you again!

Reviewed January 7, 2014

I've stayed here several times over the years, mainly due to its proximity to the Blackwater Wildlife Refuge and nice biking in the area. Our most recent stay was as good as the other stays, and I'm glad to see that the property is being maintained well. The hotel is just outside Cambridge proper, on the south end of town, in a fairly quiet area (except for the nearby highway). For the price, this is a very good hotel!

Thoughts:

1. For the first time, we took advantage of their indoor pool with our 9-year-old son. It was your average indoor pool, and fine for splashing about or doing laps if you are into that. Depth ranges from 3-5 feet. Towels were provided, there were ample chairs, and a wide wall of windows. Only issue was with the windows: it was really cold outside, and the windows did not seal very well, so the temp inside the pool area was a little colder than I would have liked (the pool itself was a nice warm temp). Management: turn the heat up in the pool area!

2. Breakfast was pretty good, with hot entrees including cheese omelets, link sausage, and potatoes. There were also pastries, the ubiquitous make your own waffles (only one waffle iron, though), cereal, etc. Overall a very good selection for the hotel's price point.

3. We had a two-king-bed room, which was very roomy and well appointed. Beds were really comfortable, and the pillows were of good quality (I hate cheesy flat hotel pillows). The room had a desk with chair, a sitting chair, a good-sized frig, and a microwave. Rooms with just one bed have a sofa, I believe.

4. Staff was very friendly and helpful.

5. Only complaint is that the noise from slamming room doors can be an issue at this hotel for some reason. I think they need to adjust (or install) their door closers to get a "softer" close for room doors.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank BriPhilly
Troy S, General Manager at Comfort Inn And Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2014

We appreciate you sharing your feedback with us regarding your stay at our property. We are thrilled that you enjoyed it as you did. We urge you to come and see us again when you are in our town. Thank you for your patronage.

Reviewed January 5, 2014

I stayed here for over a week and had a horrible experience. The staff is extremely unprofessional and the "manager" is the least professional of them all. My credit card was charged incorrectly and the manager would not return my calls and when he finally did was rude and hostile. The breakfast routinely runs out of food, coffee, and hot chocolate. The couch in my room had a broken leg, the sliding closet door was not working, and the telephone was not operational. All of these issues were reported and nothing was done about any of them. The walls are paper thin. The hotel staff allowed a loud domestic dispute to go on in the middle of the night in the hallway for hours (not a very settling feeling) plus the noise from kids yelling in the pool can be heard allover the hotel. When housekeeping did come in to clean they did a less than stellar job. The bathtub was not cleaned even once, the floors were not vacuumed, and my tissue box (which was missing upon check in) was never restocked. Horrible customer service plus the lack of service that should be standard in the hotel industry means I would never stay In this establishment again. You can find much nicer places at much better prices.

• Stayed: December 2013

We thank you for sharing your your experience with us. We deeply apologize for your experience with us at our property. You can contact me directly at the property and we can discuss this further. I will welcome the opportunity to make this up to you on a future stay as this is not indicative of the experience that we offer here. Thank you and have a great day!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cambridge
Holiday Inn Express Cambridge
Oxford Inn
#1 of 1 in Oxford
16 mi away
Holiday Inn Express Easton

Been to Comfort Inn And Suites? Share your experiences!