“Lovely, Clean, and Friendly Staff” 4 of 5 stars

Comfort Inn And Suites
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Cambridge
GreenLeadersSilver level
Fredericksburg, Virginia
“Lovely, Clean, and Friendly Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

The hotel lobby and the room were extremely clean and very nice. The breakfast in the morning had more than my husband and I expected (cereal, coffee, juice, muffins, danishes, bagels, toast, waffles, eggs, sausage, tater tots, yogurt, and hard boiled eggs) and it was very good. Also, the attendant at the breakfast was very sweet and accomodating. The hotel was located less than 5 miles from everywhere we planned to visit in Cambridge. We also loved that this hotel was pet friendly! The only reason I did not give this hotel an "excellent" rating was because the indoor pool was "closed for maintenance" when we went which was dissapointing. Other than that, it was a great facility!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Katy H
Troy S, Manager at Comfort Inn And Suites, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Thank you for the review that you have take the time to submit for your past stay with us. We are glad that we met your expectations and you were pleased with your stay. We wish to serve you as our guest in the future and ensure that we will attempt to exceed your expectations on the next stay.

Thank you!!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Newport News, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I like to stay here when I come up to see my family (I love them, but I can only tolerate so much of them in a single day). I have never had a problem with my rooms, the hotel is right on the highway outside of town and I can get anywhere quickly, and the breakfast is a nice touch. I even bring my dog since I feel guilty leaving him a home. The first couple of times coming here I ignored the pool, but now I've gotten into a habit of swimming every night. It makes sleeping a lot easier.
The biggest stand out for me is the staff. I had to go to Radioshack because my phone's charging cable broke. I mentioned it to the front desk on the way out and they stopped me and rummaged through their lost and found bin and pulled out a cable for my phone. I was really surprised by that little sign of care in the people working there. Those are the kind of reasons you come back to a place.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Pentaro
Troy S, Manager at Comfort Inn And Suites, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
We thank you for the wonderful review that you posted for us. When we see reviews like this, it proves to us that all of the hard work and effort that we put into providing you the absolute best in accommodations, have paid off. We encourage you to return to our property every time that you are here. We will always strive to provide consistent, friendly service and clean rooms. Thank you for staying at the Comfort Inn and Suites, Cambridge, Maryland.
Cambridge, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

I had an excellent experience here. The staff was friendly and very helpful as I had a baby with me.The rooms were excellent and very clean.I would stay there anytime.I always choose a Choice hotel when traveling.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank nanamcgee
Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. We appreciate the time that you have spent to let us know about your recent stay with us. I am glad that you have enjoyed your visit here. Please call us again for your next stay. We are always glad to have you with us.
Cape Fear, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

Whenever I am on the Eastern Shore of Maryland, I stay here in Cambridge. The inn is very clean and maintained the staff is very welcoming. The indoor heated pool is always a plus. The bedroom is neatly fashioned "modernesk feel" with a refrigerator and microwave.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Michael M
We thank you for your review Michael and we are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. If you ever have a concern, compliment or question, our management is always available to listen. We appreciate your business, and thank you for being a Choice Hotels customer.
Washington, DC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

We woke up at 3:30AM to the sound of our neighbors returning to their room. We could hear every word they said. They were talking about their cell phones, and girls. We turned on the TV, the fan in the bathroom, and the fan in the thermostat. We finally gave up at 4:30AM and asked for another room in a quiet location. It wasn't just us that had this experience. We also had a friend staying 4 doors down. She woke up to the sound of her neighbor's conversation while still in bed. They were talking about fruit. This is no exaggeration when I say you can literally hear everything said in the next room. Overall the hotel is fine, but the management lets some really rowdy people get away with a lot in this hotel, especially on the weekends, and at very early hours. We saw 3 parties, and lot's of loud groups in the hallways, as late as 4AM. The hot breakfast was 50% closed by 9AM, served until 10AM. The hot water thermos for tea wasn't washed out properly, so the water was brown from coffee previously contained inside. We did not drink it. The waffle machine was broken (not their fault), but we had to request more eggs be prepared, otherwise there would have been no hot breakfast. The only positive thing I can say is that they gave us another room at 4:30AM when sleep in our room wasn't possible due to the noise next door. They did apologize, but they can't expect to please people with the lack of privacy their rooms offer.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars
We apologize that your stay was not up to your standards. We do however appreciate the time that you have taken to voice your concerns. We will investigate all of the issues that you have stated. We will then use these to further train the staff to avoid these issues in the future. I encourage you to give us another shot when visiting this area. Thank you for your review.
Toledo, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

My wife and I have been visiting family and friends in the Cambridge area for years now and have stayed at a number of hotels in that area. Our trip this year for the holidays marked the first time we stayed at this location and we were definitely glad we chose this location. We were there for a few days and every staff member we encountered was very friendly and courteous (unlike other places we've stayed where the desk persons generally ignored us except for check-in and check-out). We were happy they allow pets and were blown away by how everyone there treated him as a welcomed guest - he really enjoyed the dog biscuits! Our room was nice and cozy and very clean and we never heard noise emanating from adjacent rooms or the hallway outside our door. The breakfast was modest (your basic coffee, muffins, eggs, meats, etc.) but for those looking for something more varied, there is a diner located conveniently just down the road from the hotel. The hotel looked very well kept (the holiday decorations were tasteful and inviting) and we look forward to staying there again the next time we visit Cambridge.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank mrpug13
Troy S, Manager at Comfort Inn And Suites, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Thank you for your recent Trip Advisor review. We would also thank you for your business and staying with us. If there is anything else that we can do to make your next stay even more enjoyable, please do not hesitate to let us know. Thanks again for choosing the Comfort Inn and Suites, Cambridge Maryland.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

Stayed in a king suite (king bed with a separate living room, pull-out sofa bed) for one Fri night. The hotel appeared to be booked full as were virtually all hotels along the large Eastern shore towns. My issue with this hotel is what they provide compared to their competitors at similar price ranges. We checked in pretty late and evening staffperson who checked me in was friendly. The room had an unfresh smell to it although it appeared clean. For a suite room the actual room size was not very big. When my brother asked for extra sheets to cover the sofa bed only ONE sheet was provided, accompanied by a remark that the hotel was actually supposed to charge for handing out extra sheets and implying she was doing us such a huge favor by not charging us this extra fee. When my brother said, I need a second sheet to go under the blanket, she refused, saying there weren't enough extra sheets because the hotel was full. She also refused to give him extra towels (there were 3 of us in the party plus a toddler) because the hotel was full (only 2 sets of towels were in the bathroom). In all my years of traveling and staying in hotels, I must say this is a first. We also asked for a crib for the toddler. They provided a very tired-looking Pack-n-play, for which again we had no extra sheets. So I had to give up my own extra sheet for my niece and then toughed it out one night sleeping on a blanket which served as a sheet on the sofa bed and used the bed cover (the one that doesn't get washed) as the actual comforter. For close to $200 for the night, is this really acceptable? The tub in our bathroom didn't drain. In fact, I had to periodically turn off the shower during my bathing so that the water didn't get too high. We didn't bother calling in maintenance in the middle of the night because we knew there was no other room for us to go to and we were just so tired we wanted to get to bed, what with a small child in tow. The wall between our room and the one next door was poorly soundproofed; they housed a bunch of young guys that night and it was rather noisy. I used the lobby computer the next morning to print something out and the toner cartridge in the printer was low; you had to take it out, shake it, and then it would print again. How classy, Comfort Inn! Hey, I do that in my own home with my laser multi-function; but do you think that's okay in a hotel? Would never stay in this hotel ever again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
Troy S, Manager at Comfort Inn And Suites, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Dear gooeyduq,

"I apologize that your recent stay was not up to your expectations. We appreciate the time that you have taken to submit a review. We will look into the concerns that you have brought to our attention and use them for the on going training for our staff. I encourage you to try us again the next time you are in Cambridge, Maryland."
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cambridge
Holiday Inn Express Cambridge
Inn at Perry Cabin by Belmond
Inn at Perry Cabin by Belmond
#1 of 4 in St. Michaels
4.5 of 5 stars 916 reviews

Been to Comfort Inn And Suites? Share your experiences!