La Quinta Inn & Suites Lexington Park - Patuxent
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in California
Pittsburgh, pa
“Nightmare”
Reviewed August 12, 2007

I was in town for a family reunion and booked the rooms when it was a Best Western. We were unaware of the change until we arrived. It was the worse night of my life. We request 3 non-smoking rooms. The first set of rooms had various problems. One had an inoperable air conditioner, the other smelled of smoke and the third smelled. All the rooms looked as though they had not been vacumed in months. We went to the front desk and asked for other rooms. We were told we had the best rooms in the hotel, but they would change them if we insisted. The next set of rooms were not to our standard, but we were told there were not other rooms available. The bathroom in my kids rooms had mold growing on the celling, and again all the rooms needed to vaccumed. When I asked it house keeping could come reclean. I was told they were not there. I tried call other hotels in the area and they were sold out until Saturday. So we were forced to stay the night in a hotel that below the standard we're accustom to. The final straw came at 3am when my husband said he felt something crawling on him. Once the lights were turned on we discovered we were not the only ones in our bed. We got our kids and my parents demanded a full refund and went to a family members home for the rest of morning. The next day we checked into the Fairfield.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — nothin
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Chaptico, MD
Reviewed March 20, 2007

I stayed at this motel (hotel) while my house was being remodeled, I was suppose to stay for 30 days, only stayed about 10, and stayed with my son at nights then. The staff wasn't helpful, front desk clerks stayed in the lounge watching TV, you had to wake up early for the Free continental breakfast, before the staff ate it all. However, this hotel is very family oriented, I met a gentleman who has been staying there for the past 3 years. I'm sure that he provides security for the hotel since he only leaves his room #125. The staff seems to get along well, because they only communicate with each other, the employees bring their children to work and try hiding them behind the front desk, until you see one of them run out, I thought that it was a rat, but relieved once I discovered it was a kid. The room was standard, the beds have the worst bed mites, my aunt had to be treated my a doctor, she woke up to a sheet FULL of bugs. The hotel has a lived in feel, shelter type of feeling, the carpet is filthy, the worst I ever seen. Non-Smoking rooms smell the same as smoking rooms. This hotel is pet friendly the smell proves it, what about people with allergies? The owner needs to be a better manager of this property, this establishment is run down.

• Stayed March 2007
    • Check in / front desk
2 Thank vixen924
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 16, 2006

Stayed in this hotel one night. Had planned on staying there three nights. It was crawling with baby roaches and other bugs. Was awake all night killing bugs coming out of my husband's mattress. Carpet was stained and covered in dog (or other animal) hair. Remote didn't work on TV and went to lobby to get another and it also didn't work. Just gave up. Was up very early and out of there. Got home and had to spray all my luggage. This is the worst place I have ever stayed in. Have been trying to find out the owner so can write letter of complaint.

Stayed June 2006
Baltimore, MD
Reviewed April 27, 2006

Picking the location was great because it's just several hundred yards from a car rental place (since I need to return with a rental car). But... I also picked the hotel because it was said that it offers high speed internet at the location. Okay, yeah. It might, but my Airport doesn't show it in my 3rd floor room. Calling the clerk, I was told that it's only available on the first floor. Big bomb for that one. My room is way in the back but it's really quiet (and dark) here. But the signal for cellular service is half-power, but fortunately I have a network card.

The room is spacious, smells clean and not musty... but the hallways have a "lived-in very much" look. Some renov's could be in order soon. Bathroom bed and furniture are okay... TV has plenty of channels including HBO Plus, ESPN and ESPN2, plus local sports network for the MD/DC/VA area, kids, music, BET, et al. A good host of sat/cable. Sheets are typical, clean white ones, that awful brownish under-cover and the green/tan/blue/wine colored covers I tend to pull off.

All in all, I'd stay here again if I can get on the first floor, cuz I want my web surfing. But the room's comfortable enough that I can live without it.

Hampton Roads, Virginia
Reviewed July 19, 2005

The amenities that drew me to this hotel were:
- Business Center
- FREE Hi-Speed internet Access in Guest Rooms
- FREE Continental Breakfast
- Pool

What I received was:

Requested: NON-SMOKING room.
Received: NON-SMOKING room, one side of the hall was NON-SMOKING and the other side SMOKING. What sense does that make?

Requested: Guest Room w/ Hi-Speed Internet Access
Received: After the 4TH room change I was in a guest room where the Hi-Speed internet access WORKED.
P.S. They ONLY have Hi-Speed Internet access on the FIRST FLOOR!

The front desk staff (especially the evening shift) could really careless if you stayed there. No smiling faces greeted me.

The rooms: They are a crap shot. Some have refrigerators others don't, some have microwaves some don't, and some have both! Go figure... When you walk in the guest rooms there is an AWFUL SMELL! It is like a mixture of wet dog, and pool water and musk or something. The smell is in every room on the first floor and I know I was in 4 of the rooms on the first floor!

The Business Center: The hotel staff seemed to use it ALOT and look at you as if you are "bothering" them when you need to use it and you are a PAYING guest!

The Pool: It appears to be nice. I never went to it.

The Location: It is walking distance to a few places to eat.

I would recommend this hotel (if you choose to call it that) to travelers with PETS. It is a pet friendly hotel and the SMELL PROVES it!

I do NOT RECOMMEND this hotel to Business Travelers and those with weak stomachs!

• Stayed July 2005, traveled on business
7 Thank Lydia14668
Also consider these accommodations in or near California
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lexington Park (Patuxent River Naval Air Station)
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lexington Park-California
Hampton Inn Lexington Park
Hampton Inn Lexington Park
#1 of 9 in Lexington Park
Hilton Garden Inn Solomons
Red Roof Inn & Suites California, MD - NAVAIR
Holiday Inn Solomons Conference Center and Marina

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Lexington Park - Patuxent? Share your experiences!