“Very Close To Perfect”

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in California
Delaware
“Very Close To Perfect”
Reviewed September 20, 2013

My husband and I had a great two night stay. The room was large, nicely furnished and had a very comfortable mattress and nice linens. Everything was clean. I can't say enough about the wonderful staff. Every employee we interacted with was very helpful, pleasant and efficient.

Breakfast was outstanding. Both mornings there were 4 hot entrees, different each day plus a waffle machine. The coffee was excellent. There was lots of choices of pastries, breads, muffins, pop tarts, etc. There was a variety of fruit and packaged fruit, boiled eggs, yougart, etc. The only additions I suggest are margarine in addition or instead of butter and no sugar syrup for the waffles.

Coffee & fresh fruit were available all the time and there was freshly baked cookies each evening.

The only minor complaints I have, and these seem to be standard throughout most chains in La Quinta price range is there was no vent in the bathroom and no freezer as part of the refrigerator. There wasn't a hook on the bathroom door and the toilet paper holder was along the same wall as the back of the toilet, which was awkward for me.

For the price motel was so much better than about 85% of motels we've stayed in. Also, the motel backs up to woods so it was quiet at night. This is where we'll stay whenever we are in the area.

Room Tip: Unlesss you like very loud Mexican hip hop music, don't eat at Plaza Azteca, which is in the sam...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
LaQuinta6275, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Lexington Park - Patuxent, responded to this review, February 7, 2014
We appreciate your feedback and are pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable stay at Lexington Park - Patuxent Naval Station La Quinta. We look forward to providing you with exceptional service in the future.

La Quinta continuously strives to create memorable moments with our guests, through people first service and clean comfortable accommodations. We stand by our commitment to serving our guests to our best ability and hope to always exceed your expectations.

We will see you soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 19, 2013

This location was clean, the staff friendly, the beds were comfortable.
I would recommend staying here if you are looking for an affordable and comfortable hotel.
I also highly recommend the Mexican restaurant that is right in front of the hotel. Food was wonderful as was the service

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Reviewed September 10, 2013

I booked a room for one night before our next destination at this hotel because of the price and the location. It was our first time to stay in La Quinta Hotel. We had a really late checked-in, and on our way to the hotel there was a late night road constructions going. So, I was thinking that we will not get our rest. I was assuming the worse, but as soon as we got in to the lobby we were greeted with a welcoming friendly smile from the front desk associate named, Krista. She just made me forget about my worries. She understood that we were tired, and she checked us in right away. She even arranged for us to have a 3:00 pm late checked-out so we could rest. She was awesome! Our room was on the top floor, and the room was spacious. We had a 2 queen size bed, a small fridge and a microwave. The bed was comfortable also, it was just the way I liked it..firmed. My worries about the constructions, I forgotten about it because we didn't hear any noise from our room at all. It was nice and quiet. The hotel also offer a free breakfast and it's not just cereals or donuts they have warm breakfast too; like scrambled eggs, waffles, and sausages. It was a really pleasant first time experienced for us. We liked it a lot, so we booked another room from another La Quinta Inn & suites in Orlando this time. Hopefully, it will be a good experience as well.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed September 4, 2013

My husband and I escaped Baltimore for the Labor Day weekend to get away from the constant noise of the Grand Prix racers.
We stayed at La Quinta since they are dog friendly.
Our room was clean and a good size. Breakfast was basic but good.
The front desk associates were pleasant and knowledgeable.
After we left I realized I had left a pair of pants in the closet. Amylyn was so kind to help me...she made sure my pants were located and had them Fed Exed back to me. So pleased!!
We are already planning a visit to the area next year...La Quinta will probably be our hotel once again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Lawrenceburg, Tennessee
Reviewed September 2, 2013

This is your typical LQ. There should be a selection between AVERAGE and VERY GOOD. AVERAGE+ or GOOD? Let's call it 3.5 stars.

This is decent lodging at a decent price among other obscenely priced area hotels. I work on the road and spend 60+ days in hotels every year. Many of my road nights are spent at LQ across the country.

The staff was polite and took care of a couple room issues (TV and bathroom lighting) quickly. The front desk guys also suggested a couple of excellent seafood restaurants over on Soloman Island about 10 minutes away.

Adjoining rooms have nearly zero sound isolation thru the adjoining door. I got to hear the guy next door talk on the phone, use the bathroom, snore, etc. He wasn't being loud or discourteous but the sound traveled thru/around the adjoining doors unimpeded. He almost certainly enjoyed the same sounds from my side of the room pair. My TV on a music channel easily covered any noise but if you are a picky traveler it might not be satisfactory.

Make sure to ask for un-joined rooms unless you like to hear your neighbors every move. Hall noise was never a problem. I was on the 3rd floor in a 3 floor hotel so room-above noise was not an issue.

The Mexican restaurant next door is pretty good. All of the sampled seafood restaurants across the bridge were pretty darned good.

Later,

Room Tip: Get a non-adjoined room.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
We appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your experience. Your satisfaction and continued trust in La Quinta Inn and Suites are our top priorities. We look forward to showing you that we are working hard to make sure each visit meets your expectations and our high standards.

We hope to see you again soon.

Analyn Herrera
Also consider these accommodations in or near California
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lexington Park (Patuxent River Naval Air Station)
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lexington Park-California
Red Roof Inn & Suites California, MD - NAVAIR
Quality Inn Beacon Marina
Comfort Inn & Suites Lexington Park
Hampton Inn Lexington Park
Hampton Inn Lexington Park
#1 of 9 in Lexington Park

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Lexington Park - Patuxent? Share your experiences!