“Big Lunch”

Dining options: Reservations
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Big Lunch”
Reviewed August 25, 2014

This Olive Garden offers quantity over quality but/but the service at this locale is EXCELLENT. The manager is vested and engaged and charming. Waiting staff is most professional in its energy and manner. Their clients are busy and know their menus so service moves right along but is not rushed.

Visited July 2014

Mechanicsville
“Group”
Reviewed July 29, 2014

They have a room for private group dining. Our family reserved the private room for a family dinner with 30 guests. The room didn't cost us anything. As always the food was wonderful. We did have to put the pressure on the server and insist on more servers. Food was outstanding.

Visited July 2014
Huntingtown, Maryland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Treated my mom to lunch!”
Reviewed June 23, 2014

We arrived around 2:30 Saturday afternoon and were seated right away in a booth like we asked for. We were immediately offered a glass of wine, which we nicely declined. I ordered a strawberry frozen margarita and my mom ordered a watermelon margarita non frozen. They quickly came out which may be why they didn't taste the greatest. Mine tasted so watered down that you couldn't tell it was an alcoholic drink. I mean, I wasn't trying to get drunk during my meal but paying $6 for one drink you want to at least taste it. My mom took a sip of hers and the look on her face told me hers wasn't good either so I tried a small sip. Hers tasted like straight margarita mix you get pre-made.
On to the food, I ordered the stuffed chicken Marsala. It was really flavorful. I don't go crazy for mushrooms but the taste was divine and the side of garlic-parm mashed potatoes was my favorite. Only comment I could make is that the chicken breast was not really "stuffed", it just look liked the stuff was spread on one piece of chicken and slapped together but it was still tasty. My mom was recommended to try the chicken and shrimp carbonara. It was delish as well. The sauce was so creamy and it had just enough hint of bacon to top all the flavors off. And who doesn't love the unlimited salad and bread sticks. Although we were pretty much full off of our salad, we still tried to eat as much as the yummy entrees as we would. LOVE LOVE LOVE the food and the service. I think our waitress' name was Aileen* and she was so nice and helpful. Always come back when I am in the area!

• Visited June 2014
Vineland, New Jersey
“Better than expected for a chain!!”
Reviewed May 27, 2014

Sat at the bar with a very amenable bartender - Michael. He made a great martini and every dish we ordered was delish! And we ordered multiple dishes. It was soo good we went back again the next night. Michael has made Olive Garden customers out of us!

Visited May 2014
Trenton, Michigan
“Arrive late... dinner is blah.”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Usually you can count on a certain quality at the O.G. However, we arrived about 9 p.m. and the restaurant was still full. However, the food was just ok. The salad was good and cold, but the eggplant parm and the lasagna were just flat. Even the breadsticks were getting hard. The service was fair. She seemed like she wanted to go home. Average cost; below average rating on this night.

• Visited May 2014