“terrible”

Okada
Ranked #24 of 51 Restaurants in California
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed September 5, 2013

I went here once with a group of friends I was really looking forward to having a good time well it was completely opposite this is the worse place in St Marys County first of all when I was waiting on a group of my friends to come in I sat at the bar with another friend and wanted to order sushi I politely asked the sushi chef his name he said James or Jade im not sure well any way i asked if he could give me some recommendations and he rudely replied I dont have time to help you everything i do is good!!!! Wow well after that I changed my mind on the sushi well we finally got to the table and once the grill was turned on a few roaches crawled out of the grill i didnt want to continue my meal but i was there for friends the waitress was amazing but once the chef came out he was horrible he was so boring I almost fell asleep he kept asking for us to raise our hands if we had fried rice and i was confused because the order is written down in front of him. well one of my friends had a complaint about the sushi taking so long that we were already done with our meal I asked the waitress who the manager was and she said the "little bald guy" over there is the owner I waved for him to come to the table he brushed me off well i wanted the sushi taken off and they refused and he still never came to the table to speak to us about the sushi. after we demanded he take it off we didnt want it at this point he kept trying to make us take it to go so whatever we just took it and it was horrible to the fish tasted bad. awful place Asahi is way better dont waste your time here people

Reviewed August 29, 2013

We had the worst meal there! Nothing horrendous, just bad food and rude service, and to make matter worse, fairly expensive.
The shrimp was flavorless and ridiculously overlooked. I have never had a bad yum yum sauce.... Until now! The food came off the grill SLOW, which was probably why almost everthing was overcooked. The appetizer came after everything else was served!
After paying $22 for an adult meal we were charged $2 each extra for fried rice. The waitress went multiple lists of choices after you made you meat selection, salad, soup, appetizer, type of rice. Took your order without mentioning that frying the rice would be an extra charge, even for the small kids portion!!! She gave me an "I just work here" when I asked her about the extra charge on the bill. She is obviously asked this a lot and she still doesn't point it out to customers when they are ordering.
The whole experience was dissapointing and seriously overpriced considering the service and quality of food. We have been to Asahi grill (the other Hibachi restaurant in the area - in San Souci Plaza) and thought is was very good. I guess we will be going back there!

Reviewed August 5, 2013

Japanese Steakhouse with reasonable pricing and expert preparation. Great for lunch or dinner. Always an rewarding experience!

Reviewed April 30, 2013

We have eaten lunch here often and always extremely satisfied. Sit at the grill table. You get a steak, chicken, or shrimp meal with soup, salad, a ton of cooked rice and vegetables, and entertainment for about $9. Most of the grill chefs are fantastic. Of course some of better than others. I won't try to tell you all of their tricks. That would spoil the fun. It is everything from a flaming volcano to tossing cooked shrimp pieces to anyone who wants to try and catch them in their mouth. The entertainment is great for all ages. Just be sure the kids are not afraid of a flash of fire when he lights up the grill. The last chef we had was moving his hands so fast that the spinning utensils were just a blue, in front, behind, and over his head.

Try it. You'll love it.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

This a great place to go for lunch. The food is always fresh and cooked in front of you. Their lunch prices are very reasonable. It's great to with a small group and the cook will throw food in the air for you to catch in your mouth.