“Great Family Meal” 4 of 5 bubbles

Soretti's
Ranked #8 of 29 Restaurants in Burtonsville
Cuisines: African, Ethiopian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating
Description: It is located in a strip mall on 198. Really from the outside, it is hard to believe such a charming and warm place exists. It is directly across from Jerry's.
Federal Way, Washington
“Great Family Meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2013

Five of us went to this authentic Ethiopian restaurant to complete a family outing. Vegan meal, plenty of wonderful food. Samosas to begin, then the various selections on a huge like-a-pancake. Very tasty and filling.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Silver Spring, Maryland
“Fancy ... in Ethiopia ... but who cares. It's authentic.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2013

OPINION: Please give a break to our last remaining -- and possibly struggling -- Mom-&-Pop restaurants! Anyone over a certain age can remember how a majority of American restaurants used to be: friendly, modest, non-gentrified, & NOT renovated. Just travel outside the Western World: In fact, Soretti's is more authentic; it might be regarded in most of Ethiopia as fancy.

OPINION: In my experience it is no better than any other Ethiopian restaurant. They are all top notch because I love Ethiopian food. This one is simply more modest & less concerned about certain things … which takes me to my only 2 complaints.

COMPLAINTS: Every time there I have to ask that the plastic bread basket have a protective napkin put in it … for sanitary and esthetic reasons. Also, based on standards at other U.S. Ethiopian restaurants, every time there I have to ask that my bread be heated instead of being served limp and cold.

Other than that, I will keep going there and taking my friends for many years to come.

• Visited November 2013
Laurel, Maryland
“Don't Be Fooled By the Appearance, This Is Great Ethiopian”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013

I've eaten here many times over the last few years. The place looks like a cafe, so people may not realize they have really great meals.

I usually always eat here for lunch during the work day. Service is quick, so I'm usually in and out of there in good time.

The quality of the food and flavors are very good. It may fall just below the level set by a place I sometimes go to in Silver Spring, but for this price and for the convenience, this is usually where I get my Ethiopian fix. Being vegetarian, I can always find plenty to eat here. I'm never disappointed by the food, and sometimes even crave it.

I've always had very pleasant service, and no lines or long waits for my meal. As someone said previously, I'm surprised more people don't come here. Maybe more would come if it had more of a restaurant feel? Don't be deterred though, while small, this place has food as good as the fancy DC restaurants you'll eat at for much more. Check this hidden gem out!

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank RandomTraveler76
Churchton, Maryland
“Great veggies, in particular!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

The people here are always so nice and helpful. I especially love the greens and the potato/cabbage dish they do, though everything is good. I'm so happy something this good is out this far from the city. Check it out, if you haven't!

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank janebeard
Silver Spring, MD
“Dinner with the Ethiopian family ...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

Dining here at Soretti's is like dining with the restaurant's family. They are wonderful hosts. The meals are tasty and satisfying. While some foods are unusual for the normal American taste, I know they are well prepared and very good.

Soretti's has a very clean and bright atmosphere. It is new and it is very comfortable.

A unique dining experience.

• Visited April 2012