“Superb food!”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings
“Superb food!”
Reviewed March 5, 2014 via mobile

We have been snowed/iced-in, & Pat was craving lobster. Elected to give Bone Fish Grill a shot, tho we generally avoid chains. What a great decision!

There was some confusion abt my order (I thot I had ordered coconut curried shrimp -- a special -- & ended up w a coconut shrimp appetizer), but it was delicious.

We started w the corn crab chowder, which was tasty & full of crab; then I got what I *never* wld have thot was an appetizer -- 6 *huge* shrimp -- & Pat's beautiful lobster tails. I needed my shrimp better done (I don't do translucent shell fish), but our server Hannah was happy to get it fixed.
Pat's martini was excellent -- & $4.50, wh is very reasonable.

We finished up w strawberry shortcake -- the *only* time I've ever had it not b sickeningly sweet.

Highly recommended; we will definitely b back -- especially on Tues, when a lobster tail is $8.90, & if they r not slammed, they're willing to broil it.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Just average”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

This was my first time eating at Bonefish Grill on Valentine's Day. My husband and I ordered the crab cake appetizer which was wonderful. I'm thinking this is going to be a good experience. We waited for almost an hour before our food come out. I ordered Sir Will's Fish & Chips as I really didn't want a lot. Biggest mistake. It came our very greasy. It was like the cook spilled a gallon of grease on the fish and fries. It was worst than eating fried chicken. Our waitress never came back and asked us if everything was alright. I really wanted to complain and demand a refund but my husband was enjoying his salmon and I didn't feel like getting into it with the manager. I also, didn't like how the tables are so close together and there are no private booths. Me personally I don't think I would ever go there again. I guess that is what I get for buying something breaded. But others say the fresh fish is good. Hence their name.

• Visited February 2014
Port Republic, Maryland
“It's crowded in here...”
Reviewed January 8, 2014

Great food and good service but there are just too many tables crowded in the room. In addition the lighting is odd, quite dim but too amber in color. It's one of the better restaurants in the area though so I will go back.

• Visited December 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Tight Space but Tasty Meals”
Reviewed January 4, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

The space is fairly small for the amount of business they do. They could use a larger restaurant. You will bump someone at some point on your way to your seat or to the rest room. If you are seated on floor near the walkway, someone will likely bump your seat! I always ask for a booth. It's more appealing to me than the open seating for comfort and space.

Despite the size and crowding, their crab cake is G - double O - dee: Good! If you don't want it as your meal I recommend you try it as an appetizer. You will not be disappointed. Lots of crab meat and the flavor is delicious. Also, their salmon with lemon butter sauce is great. I usually have that with the au gratin potatoes and broccoli and devour it each time! Their bread is good, too!

This is one of my go-to restaurants for Sunday dinner with my family. We've been here several times.

Visited December 2013
Houston
“Good chain restaurant”
Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

My honey and I have always wanted to try this restaurant. So jump at the chance while visiting our friends. I was so impress and happy with the food and service.

• Visited November 2013