“Lunch-time haven” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Grace's Fortune Restaurant - CLOSED

Grace's Fortune Restaurant
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Lunch-time haven”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2012

I was lucky enough to have a work colleague ask me to have lunch here. The restaurant was quiet, the music was soothing, the decor was luxe and they made me feel like they were delighted that I had stopped by. The prices were very reasonable and the food was excellent. I will be back. This was a treasure.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank junodee

Annapolis, Maryland
“Used To Be Five Star”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2012

Let me start out by saying, I have always been a fan of Grace's restaurants in the Bowie and now, National Harbor areas. Graces Fortune was Grace's first restaurant and for years, it was absolutely five-star. You would always see Grace there, speaking to the customers, talking about the food, asking about your experience, etc. Now that she’s branched out, you no longer get that experience and it almost seems as if the staff has come down a notch or two.
The Dinner: Our experience was the usual you'd expect for a Friday night. It wasn't super crowded, but they did have a small 5-10 mins wait. Once we were seated, the waitress took our drink orders right away. This is where the service stopped. The drinks took entirely too long to come. How long does it take to pour wine from a bottle? It wasn't like we had asked for mixed drinks. Once the drinks came, we placed our appetizer orders, they came out with no problem. Once the appetizers were cleared our entrees came. The food was luke warm as if it had been sitting in the back for a while. I ordered the beef and chicken in Garlic sauce. When it arrived, the sauce was so thick it looked like chicken and beef in barbecue sauce. I was painfully disappointed as I have ordered this dish many times before here and on this day it was awful. I mentioned it to the waitress, who called a manager, he took the meal off with no hesitation. While it was free, I still left hungry and had to go elsewhere to eat. The others in my party didn't have too much of a bad experience. The crispy whole fish which used to be a sharable portion, has been reduced, so, you almost can't share that anymore.
I say all this to say; will I return? Probably, yes. Was this the best experience I've had here? No, probably the worst and for the cost of the food, you would want the experience to be five-star.
Advice to management, go back to the days of the five-star experience and customer service as when Grace was there.

This is still a great place, but obviously is slipping a bit.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank regjr13
Huntingtown, Maryland
“NEVER a Disappointment!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2012

Grace's Fortune is not what one would typically expect in a Chinese restaurant. The atmosphere is surprisingly elegant and the service is outstanding. The food is always fresh & absolutely excellent.

Annapolis, Maryland
“Expensive As All Here Restaurants”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2012

When you see the name "Grace's" be prepared to spend some money. This is her name sake restuarant and is the Capital of great food. It is a bit pricey so be prepared to spend some money. She generally always makes an appearance and will usually stop past to say hello. We love this place. The food is always consistently great.

Visited August 2012
MD
“Not as good as it used to be”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2012

This was by far the best Chinese restaurant in the PG-Anne Arundel Co. area for years. However, as prices have risen the quality and consistancy have gone done. The best value is the lunch combinations here. Decor is very nice!

Visited June 2012