“Loved the Margarita Swirl”
Review of On the Border

On the Border
Ranked #80 of 122 Restaurants in Bowie
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed July 24, 2014

Had a good experience here, wasn't sure initially because the manager walked by me several times and did not greet me; despite my constant eye contact with him. The other staff was nice and helpful. Happy hour is decent, but ends at 7pm. The food was good and hot. I really enjoyed the new devices on the tables where you can play games, order more food and drinks, pay your bill, etc. It was like an electronic menu which was pretty cool.

Reviewed July 21, 2014

It was a lot better than the Chili's next door. The service was exceptional. We had such a bad experience next door, that anything these guys did was wonderful.

Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

My fiancé and I go to On the Border every time we are in town. The servers, bartenders, and hostesses are always so friendly, polite, and hardworking. We've tried a lot of different things on the menu and really enjoyed everything. Even though it's a chain, you get the best of both worlds. Plus, they have great happy hour specials!

Reviewed June 28, 2014

We went to this restaurant for the first time in many years as a family. The hostess was polite but immediately told us that we would have to wait five minutes for a booth, even though we never asked for a booth and there were plenty of open tables available. We said a table would be just fine and she took us to our seats. At each table there were tablets for ordering and playing "unlimited free games". You can even pay the check with it, though when you're paying servers there doesn't seem to be much of a point for it. Nachos are always a favorite with my family so we decided to try them. They tasted fine but they were laid out in a circle around the plate and there were so few of them. For the price it was pretty ridiculous. I would stick with the free chips and salsa. My enchiladas were unbelievably spicy despite the fact that there was nothing listed in the menu that would have been so spicy. The waitress was friendly but completely unenthused with her job. Everything was just so-so. Later we also realized that they had charged us 99 cents for a game that no one played... and even if we had the games were all free. It was ridiculous. Also, if I ask a restaurant for a cup of sweeteners, please make sure all of the different kinds are in the container. I shouldn't have to go to the desk where they keep the condiments and serve myself. I'm not getting paid.

Reviewed June 26, 2014

Had a craving for a green chile cheeseburger in Maryland (who does that?); so the hunt began. Far and wide I searched and landed on this place, that I have only been to a few times and that had always been, . . . ok. So, I decided I'd give it another try. I ordered the Hatch Chile Burger. It is served with roasted diced hatch green chiles, jack cheese (L,T,O) on a toasted brioche bun. It comes with seasoned fries. The burger is about 1/3 to 1/2 pound size; nicely grilled. But overall the combination of the chile, cheese and meat were underwhelming, pedestrian and a bit boring. It was just ok. So the search continues...

The service was excellent, however.

Been to On the Border? Share your experiences!