“A Lovely Neighborhood Park”
Review of Allen Pond Park

Allen Pond Park
Ranked #3 of 12 things to do in Bowie
Reviewed July 30, 2013

This park offers something for everyone. It has a lovely pond and a nice walking path all around. The grounds are maintained very well and they have lots of attractions including ball fields, boating, picnic sites, playground, a skating rink and more. It's very scenic and serene, and I've enjoyed each visit I've made there.

1  Thank Sharon K

Reviewed July 29, 2013

My husband and I have been going to this park almost every weekend since May. We go there to do our walking (training for a 50K walk). We like how clean and inviting it looks and all the people seem to be enjoying themselves there. It has a nice kiddies playground and also picnic areas where you could reserve to hold a little party or so. Oh yeah lots of ducks in the pond.

2  Thank Lynn M
Reviewed July 29, 2013

This is a great neighborhood park!!!! It is perfect for a family park day or afternoon. The park is clean and the equipment is very well maintained. There is plenty of space to just grab a bench or put down a blanket and relax. They also have great summer concerts on Sunday afternoons. Its perfect for the family or a date, pack a picnic dinner, bring some lawn chairs and enjoy the free music. There is a great walking/jogging trail. There is a fenced playground area for smaller kids and a regular sized play area for older kids. There is a skateboarding pit. There is also a paddle boat rental area. My kids and I love when the summer season opens up and we can spend a long afternoon at the park. There area also fireworks on July 4th, but get there early if you want to stay for fire works and make a day of it as parking gets very challenging late in the afternoon.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

My family and I love this park. They have updated play ground equipment with a great rubber cushion under the equipment. My daughter, 2 1/2 loves it. We even feed the ducks in the pond and had a picnic lunch. They have areas available for rent with grills. There is also a walking trail around the park. We love this park!!

1  Thank Ellen1215
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Always have a good time here, go almost everyday. There is just so much to do here from walking to the playground to just hanging out.

Been to Allen Pond Park? Share your experiences!