“Season Pass Holders”
Review of Six Flags America

Six Flags America
Ranked #2 of 12 things to do in Bowie
Reviewed June 23, 2014

Great for summer time. A lot of options to get season passes, every year the deals are better. Great for kids and adults - love the water parks myself.

1  Thank Matthew Maria S

Reviewed June 23, 2014

This visit was just my second to this park. The fun started before we even made it through the front gate. There were about 15 school buses full of children in the lot and chaos ensued when the buses unloaded. There were no staff members to help direct and organize the masses of people trying to enter the park. Entrance lanes were not clearly marked with directions, and the process to enter the park was much longer and more painful than necessary. Once inside the park everything is pretty spread out. The park advertised a new roller coaster, Ragin Cajun, but they hadn't finished it building by June when we visited. Another Roller Coaster, Mind Eraser never opened while we were at the park. The remainder of the Roller Coasters operated just a single train each. This is understandable if it were a slow day, but there were plenty of people waiting for each ride to warrant multiple train operation. The staff was pretty enthusiastic, they just were not efficient. This park's layout is very confusing and does not seem coherent to a new visitor. After just two visits, I don't know if I would return to this property unless they added a new signature Roller Coaster.

2  Thank Travellover1869
Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

I do have a "grey opinion" on this park...I visited it yesterday. Thus it was rainy, but let's say I doubt highly that crowds invade it very often. The entrance is very nice, patrootic style. European born, the best comparison would be "Walibi" in Belgium (ex-Six Flags Belgium). Rides are generic, at best. The hypercoaster "Superman", meaning huge drops and bumps, is pleasant, and is certainly the most impressive. Joker's Jinx is a totally similar outside version of "Flight Of Fear, in Cedar Fair parks. " Batwing" is barely open, and his functiuning slow the loading process to one hpur standing if twenty people wait. "Roar" is a good but easily forgettable "woodie". The other wooden coaster is rough and horrible. "Mind Eraser", one of the thousands clones of Vekoma's standard inverted coaster, should be tore down : my glass were almost jolted even with an head strapped ! "Apocalypse" and "Ragin Cajun" sound like second hand novelties. Water rides were closed, but were not so appealing...What else ? Not so much. Suffering awefull opinions and not so glorious pictures on the web, I was nevertheless positively surprised. But for a park boasting his capital neughborhood...Well, it's a deception.

1  Thank Edouard J
Reviewed June 22, 2014

I recently took my twin granddaughters (6 years old) for the day and we enjoyed Six Flags enough that I'll probably return one day--but not before they grow a few more inches to reach the 48" Mark. They made the 42" cut-off but we found the number of rides they could enjoy at that height that were not too "babyish" rather limited in number. The staff who ran the rides were usually very personable, high-giving the girls and displaying big smiles. The highlight of the day for the children was the water park--with the inner tube float their favorite activity (we went around the circuit four times!). As others have noted, food is very expensive and again, options for small children we're limited. I had to purchase adult-sized meals for them at the restaurant we chose (Johnny Rocket's) since they only offered one children's meal, which neither child wanted. Parking and lockers are also costly. Personally, I'd rather pay a bit more for an all-inclusive package.

1  Thank atastefortravel
Reviewed June 21, 2014

I was impressed by this park; it's kept clean, including the restrooms, and that's a big deal when it comes to amusement parks. There's a nice variety of rides, with a new section this year, including a new coaster. The staff are helpful and courteous for the most part and the food, while expensive is good with a nice variety.

2  Thank Stephanie S