“Great Park - Must visit!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 11 things to do in Bowie
Bloomfield, New Jersey, Usa
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Park - Must visit!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013

Great price- love that I was able to buy tickets ahead. Great rides and water park. Lots to do. No time to be bored. Wish it stay open longer during August but was able to do t all.

Johnstown, New York, Usa
“Great people, great park!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

This is a smaller Six Flags park, with only 7 roller coasters, but plenty to do for the whole family. The coasters are highly entertaining, and there are other rides that are fun as well. There is also a small area for younger children. What really makes this park stand out from the others is the people. The entire staff was friendly, approachable and helpful during our visit. The ride operators were entertaining and interacted with the crowd; lines moved quickly for rides and food/beverages. We lost our keys and guest services and security people went out of their way to try and help us. The park, including the rest rooms, was clean and well-maintained. We did not go to the water park.

Aspen Hill, Maryland, Usa
“Six Flags fun to be at”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

It is a fun place to be with your family here. I think a little renovation can go a long way to keep our park (six flags) better and a cleaner place for kids and family to be at.

Las Vegas, Nevada, Usa
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Unfortunately the only amusement park nearby during our stay.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

I chose this amusement park because it was nearby to where we were staying. I did not want to drive too far like to Busch Gardens or Hershey park. I paid just under $220 for 4 tickets and parking to visit the park on 8/2/2013.
First and foremost, if you have the time bring your own meals. Yes I know amusement park food is overpriced and sometimes not that tasty, but the wait for the food was long. At the pizza place closest to the entrance, I bought the family meal $39.99 which consisted of a pizza with 6 slices, cheesesticks, and four drinks. The pizza tasty okay, but I had to wait 30 minutes for cheesesticks, and it wasn't only me. There were customers before me waiting already. Employees would ask us what we were waiting for and say that the cheesesticks would be ready soon but they were just saying that. There were many employees working and the ones not at the registers were lazy.
Save yourself the trouble and bring your own food for meals.
For a snack, we got fried oreos from one of the stands. The girl did not start cooking them until 10 minutes after we paid for them. We got them 25 minutes after ordering.
As for the rides, lines were long on most of them as I expected. But on the Ride of Steel, I found the guy on the microphone and the other guy seating and checking the rides safety harness annoying. Judging by the looks on other patrons faces, I feel they would agree. The guy on the mike would take every opportunity to rap on the mike. The guy seating riders would dance. maybe they should of paid attention to the people cutting in line by climbing over or crawling under the rails to go to the individual lines per each car.
Lastly on the Mind Eraser, they had to stop the ride for about 30 minutes because one of the patrons dropped something onto the grass below and she took it upon herself to get herself, crossing into the prohibited area. I know this isn't the parks fault, but it did seem we were waiting for someone o come get her out of there for awhile because employees told her to stay there until park security escorted out of prohibited area.
Overall, we did enjoy the rides. I prefer Hershey park better but that was far for us to drive considering our schedule. This Six Flags was about 30 minutes from where we were.

2 Thank Ray702
Baltimore, Maryland, Usa
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Sykes Family Visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

Waterpark was the best. The children and the adults in my group had a lot of fun. The overall visit to Six Flags was excellent and I would bring my family back for another visit.

1 Thank sandra_sykes