“Trip to SFA”

Ranked #2 of 11 things to do in Bowie
Felton, Delaware, Usa
“Trip to SFA”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

We are roller coaster enthusiasts. Although the park is relatively small for roller coasters there rides are enjoyable. Superman and Wild One are both awesome coasters. It is always a good time to visit on our way to a ball game.

Glen Burnie, Maryland, Usa
“customer service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

wrote everything out and don't feel like rewriting it. but your employees don't know if you can get a food pass at any restaurant or did you have to get it in the front of the park. you have some employees chewing gum as if it was trying to escape. employees need to be in there area on time not 30 minutes after the park open and especially in the area where you rent wheelchairs and strollers. and your security guards need a better way to contact people that work the rides. wish I could gave more but your survey was so long and I have to go. Thank you.

Baltimore
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fun!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2013

Six flags in Largo has come a long way. You can tell they are under new management. The employees have respect for the park as well as the patrons. Kudos for the face lift guys!!!

1 Thank Kirstie H
Silver Spring, Maryland
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Very Fun Time! Check Out the Water Rides!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2013

This place is NOT for the hard core riders. If you love roller coasters for the thrill (rather than the small rides that make you dizzy/sick), then go to Cedar Point or Kings Dominion.

✓ ✓ Location
I gave Six Flags an extra ☆ because there are multiple locations. Each location appears to be different, so you're tempted to visit different Six Flags!

✓ Rides
In general their rides are nice. Mostly for the soft core. This place has more kid friendly rides.

✓ Themes
I love their themes. I love Batman and Superman. It's nice that they have Looney Tunes too. This is another reason why it's great for kids, but it's also enjoyable for adults who ever enjoyed these cartoons!

✓✓ Water Park
They have a very awesome water park. This shouldn't be surprising, they used to be Adventure World. That park (in my childhood experience) specialized in water rides. I'm pretty sure Six Flags also has a pool that generates ocean-like waves.

Six Flags will offer you a great and fun time. Be sure to check out their water rides! It seems that many adults overlook them. I'm guilty of it too.

✓ Cost
Six Flags often have buy 1 get 1 free deals, or $20 off coupons. It's very affordable!

✓ Superman
Seems to be their greatest ride. It's smooth, and great for thrill seekers.

Six Flags lost a ☆ because their rides are simply not as great as Kings Dominion or Cedar Point. More of their "big" rides are shaky. Your head often throbs between the head rest/guard, causing (me) headaches, which I don't experience from the rides at other parks. When I leave Six Flags I'm not totally fulfilled as I am in other parks.

Next time I go, I'll try to do more of the water rides. That is their specialty after all!

Warning: Apocalypse is a VERY shaky ride. Prepare for a headache! Worthy riding just to say you did it, but it wasn't very enjoyable.

Visited October 2012
Arlington, Virginia, Usa
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“great park; great value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

We're big fans. We get season passes and go 4-5 times each year.

There are tons of rides, with a huge range in thrill level. My kids (8 and 6) love it.

We recently visited Magic Kingdom for the first time. The kids and I were horrified that people we know choose to pay outrageous prices for intolerable lines for mediocre rides when this park is 35 minutes from our house in Northern Virginia.

2 Thank JDoe613